Owners approve extra point change | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Owners approve extra point change

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
NFL owners approved a change to extra point: Kicks from the 15, 2-point conversions stay at the 2, source says.

Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber
NFL owners have approved competition committee's proposal to change extra points. PAT kick at 15, 2-pt conversion at 2, defense can score.

Also, blocked PAT can be returned for a point.

Dolphins win 28-1 :lol: , that's weird.

So extra points will now be the equivalent of a 32 yard field goal instead of a 20 yarder.....makes sense since extra points are converted about 98% of the time. Sturgis better get it done, or sign Shayne Graham.

So extra points will now be the equivalent of a 32 yard field goal instead of a 20 yarder.....makes sense since extra points are converted about 98% of the time. Sturgis better get it done, or sign Shayne Graham.

I think it's a 33 yarder. Also If there's a penalty on a two-point conversion, then a team can elect to kick an extra point, but penalty will still be enforced.

I think it's a 33 yarder. Also If there's a penalty on a two-point conversion, then a team can elect to kick an extra point, but penalty will still be enforced.

I thought the ball was always snapped 7 yards back? We should sign a 7 foot tall basketball player with a 40 inch vertical just to block extra points, if they are going to reward teams with two points on returns run all the way back. :lol:

I see us losing a lot of games because Sturgis misses extra points.

I thought the ball was always snapped 7 yards back? We should sign a 7 foot tall basketball player with a 40 inch vertical just to block extra points, if they are going to reward teams with two points on returns run all the way back. :lol:

Instead of signing a long snapper we need to sign a 7 foot guy with a 40 inch vertical to be the extra point blocker. :woot:

I like it. Makes extra points way more interesting. Glad they don't just let the sport stagnate like other leagues.

they are always worried on making every moment and everything more exciting and meaningful... except tackling, kick returns, sacks, physical CB play, etc....

either that or they are just adding more ways to disgrace the kickers and add moments where fans hate them more than anything!!!

I hate it. ****ing with a great game.

I hear you Hayden.....but I would love to see a 50+ yard field count as FOUR points like they are in my fantasy league, and if you miss a FG under 30 yards you lose a point. :chuckle:

****ing great. We will lose at least one game with Sturgis thanks to this. :bobdole:

That said, the defensive conversion is a long overdue addition. I've said for years that they needed to adopt this rule from college and it's nice that they're finally listening to me this one time.

Back
Top Bottom