Owners approve extra point change | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Owners approve extra point change

Why? If they want to make it more exciting or whatever, why not move it up to the 1 yard line instead? Now that would make teams more inclined to gamble for 2 points.

Should we sign him back???

[video=youtube;aSV2aYNIgqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSV2aYNIgqY[/video]

CFZ1qiIUUAATieF.jpg

Can not say I'm surprised by this. Over the past decade they have made rule changes in the kicking game because of player safety and then complain when the kickers are taking advantage of it.

I looked away from the TV almost every time Sturgis attempted an Extra Point, he is that unreliable. His should be automatic right down the middle perfect height extra points were non existent, he many times just barely squeaked them in

like another poster said, i would not be surprised if we lose 1-2 games this season because of a Sturgis missed extra point, hes done it already with FGs

I hate it. ****ing with a great game.

Part of what has made this game as great as it is today is the willingness to change the game for the better of the on field product vs hanging on to tradition for dear life. Without said change we'd still be watching 2yds and a cloud of dust every play and 7-0 games.

That said, if you don't like it you dont like it...fair enough.

I do like the ability of the defense to score two pts. Wont happen often but could be interesting.

i wonder if sturgis being so unreliable will actually tempt philbin to go for two on nearly all extra point attempts?

Extra Points Moved to 15 yard Line

Provided our red zone offense improves over last year, Philbin would be wise to just go for 2 rather than put the ball anywhere near Sturgis' foot any more than needed... If that 2-point conversion/PAT statistic is correct.

However, I might take that back. You really need to factor in the mentality and competition on those 2 point conversions over the last 10 years. Most 2 point conversions are attempted in a must-score scenario. Would they be as successful if the pressure isn't on? Also, teams might have been more likely to go for 2 if they were down in a shoot out than they were to attempt it against a good defense.

To say, just go for 2 every time would mean attempting it against more tough defenses than those stats are probably based on. Just a guess, I could be way off there. Still a tough decision. Go for 2 against the bills when we are winning 6-0 or trust sturgis to make the 33 yd pat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a fun rule change, but I'd be surprised if any Dolphins fan read this and felt confident trotting ol' weird facemask Sturgis out there.

New 2015 strategy...GO FOR TWO EVERY TIME!

This is a fun rule change, but I'd be surprised if any Dolphins fan read this and felt confident trotting ol' weird facemask Sturgis out there.

New 2015 strategy...GO FOR TWO EVERY TIME!

you know Chip Kelly will.... TEBOW TIME.... picture if they move 2 point conversions to the 1 yard line in the future!!!

you know Chip Kelly will.... TEBOW TIME.... picture if they move 2 point conversions to the 1 yard line in the future!!!

You know, it really wouldn't be all that dumb to take a look at what Oregon does with their swinging gate PATs. If the numbers don't add up, have your guy run it. They do it very well. Hell I'm only half kidding when I say I'd have more confidence with that approach than sending Sturgis out there.

Back
Top Bottom