Pace: Clown QB & Wildcat Nonsense | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pace: Clown QB & Wildcat Nonsense

Jim Rome

Jim Rome took the JETS to task on both TV and Radio Tuesday. He stated that Ryan and all of the other Jets need to quit crying about the Wildcat being a trick - it gashed their D all night. He stated that it is not a trick when you use it during the entire game and the Jets know it is coming and still can't stop it. And its definitely not a trick play when you line up in it at the 2 yard line in the final seconds with the game on the line and score. The Jets and everyone else will have to stop it before it will become a trick play. He also said that he is not buying into the "Henne is the next Marino" argument after just one good game - but Henne was very impressive on Monday night. (paraphrased)

Pace was a mediocre LB with The Cardinals up until his contract year. That plus the fact that AZ made no effort to keep him and then went moved on to the SB should tell you all you need to know about this bigmouth jerkoff

ivwl0g-1.jpg

True but our D is better than yours and if our D plays up to their capabilities and your D plays up to their capabilities we win. Both D's played poorly.

The Jets have a pretty good defense. Not as good as the players or fans like to think it is, but the truth is that they simply were overpowered and outcoached all night.

I agree with Vaark. Calvin Pace is a loud-mouthed jerkoff. That defense talked themselves into believing they were the best defense in the NFL and when reality comes crashing down around them in the form of the Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams, the Dolphins Offensive Line and Chad Henne, they choose to go back into fantasy land again.

Pace was a mediocre LB with The Cardinals up until his contract year. That plus the fact that AZ made no effort to keep him and then went moved on to the SB should tell you all you need to know about this bigmouth jerkoff

ivwl0g-1.jpg
Vaark, you are the Man. The funiest poster around here. Please don't stop doing this and the Newstadamus. It's hilarious.

Also, speeking of clowns, I guess him being suspended, Edwards with the assault, Ellis throwing a snowbank in Seattle, not much too serious also..... He needs the shut it up and start playing because I don't remember is name being called on MNF.

Miami Dolphins take shots at NY Jets LB Calvin Pace for calling Wildcat Offense 'nonsense'

The never-ending trash talk surrounding the Jets added another chapter when the Miami Dolphins responded to outside linebacker Calvin Pace’s post-game proclamation that their Wildcat offense was “nonsense.”

Pace admitted Wednesday that he probably should have softened that characterization.

“I said some things and I definitely should have probably thought about it -- rephrased it a little bit,” Pace said after Wednesday’s practice. “I respect the Dolphins and I respect everything they do. They beat us. It’s not like they stole the game from us.”

The Dolphins, however, took their shots at Pace.
"Who is this guy?” Dolphins’ nose tackle Jason Ferguson told the Miami Herald. “What's his name again? Ain't he a rookie or something? Isn't that the rookie from Ohio State? Or you talking about the guy from Arizona? Yeah, ok, it's cool, if that's what he sees. It ain't nothing. That's how ya'll want to treat it, it's cool. You'll see it again in two weeks. No comments here. I'm good. I'll stay away from that one. He's fooling himself…. I got nothing for Calvin. I don't even know that dude. I'll let him have his battle with the Wildcat. It looks like he lost already."

Said linebacker Channing Crowder: “Nonsense, I love nonsense. They say gimmick, gimmick this, gimmick that. We've won games with the Wildcat. They ran two fake punts. So if you're going to say gimmicks, those are real gimmicks. Wildcat is an offensive formation, they run it for two years. They have thousands of plays on film about it, go stop it…. Shut up about all the junk talking and whatever they're talking about they ain't going to give us no credit. We'll see them in three more weeks, we got to play them again, so the hell with them."

A review of the game tape revealed that the Dolphins had 17 carries for 102 yards (6 yards per carry) in the Wildcat formation. Running backs Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams create headaches all night for a Jets defense that was dominant through the first four games.

"He has his own opinion and the biggest comment on that is we're all afraid of what we do not understand," Brown told the Miami Herald. "I guess that's the situation there. It works for us. We enjoy it. We do it. It's part of our package. And if it's not broken don't fix it so we're not going out to try to change it because a guy isn't happy about what we're doing.

"Coming into the game we're watching how they blitz and we were like, 'OK we'll just sit back and play football then and let's see who has the tougher 11 people on the field.' "

Added Dolphins’ guard Justin Smiley: "We're not running Statue of Liberties out of Wildcat. We're running base and power. You have to stop it. You have to stop it, and until you stop it, nothing's going to change. That's the way we approach it. One-on-one, man-on-man, and whatever anybody wants to say about it, that's their opinion. But until you stop it, nothing's going to change."

"Taken from nj.com Can't post the link because I'm a newbie"

:woot:

True but our D is better than yours and if our D plays up to their capabilities and your D plays up to their capabilities we win. Both D's played poorly.

OOKKK, but our offense is better than your offense, so it evens out.....

Yards per game
Dolphins #8
Jets #9

Last edited by a moderator:
"Clown Quarterback"

That clown just threw for over 200 yards and 2 Touchdowns in his 2nd career start. Not including some of the clutch throws he made in the final drive.

Obviously Calvin Pace needs to learn that you dont call a QB that tore up your team a clown. What would that make the jets D?

F'ing clown shoes my friend. :chuckle:

The only concern I have is our defense and our ability to control Edwards. Imagine the deficit on Monday night without Edwards.

This may have already been said, sorry not going to read three pages worth of posts.

But I swear I never saw Miami double team Edwards. To me it seemed like Sanchez became like Cutler back when he was with Denver. Look right at your best reciever and throw it reguardless of how he is covered. And in this case when he threw it to Edwards he was open most of the time. Yeah he beat our defenders to the ball a couple of times, but that was in single coverage.

Dont get me wrong, I COULD be wrong (chances are I am), but that is just what I saw.

Miami Dolphins take shots at NY Jets LB Calvin Pace for calling Wildcat Offense 'nonsense'

The never-ending trash talk surrounding the Jets added another chapter when the Miami Dolphins responded to outside linebacker Calvin Pace’s post-game proclamation that their Wildcat offense was “nonsense.”

Pace admitted Wednesday that he probably should have softened that characterization.

“I said some things and I definitely should have probably thought about it -- rephrased it a little bit,” Pace said after Wednesday’s practice. “I respect the Dolphins and I respect everything they do. They beat us. It’s not like they stole the game from us.”

The Dolphins, however, took their shots at Pace.
"Who is this guy?” Dolphins’ nose tackle Jason Ferguson told the Miami Herald. “What's his name again? Ain't he a rookie or something? Isn't that the rookie from Ohio State? Or you talking about the guy from Arizona? Yeah, ok, it's cool, if that's what he sees. It ain't nothing. That's how ya'll want to treat it, it's cool. You'll see it again in two weeks. No comments here. I'm good. I'll stay away from that one. He's fooling himself…. I got nothing for Calvin. I don't even know that dude. I'll let him have his battle with the Wildcat. It looks like he lost already."

Said linebacker Channing Crowder: “Nonsense, I love nonsense. They say gimmick, gimmick this, gimmick that. We've won games with the Wildcat. They ran two fake punts. So if you're going to say gimmicks, those are real gimmicks. Wildcat is an offensive formation, they run it for two years. They have thousands of plays on film about it, go stop it…. Shut up about all the junk talking and whatever they're talking about they ain't going to give us no credit. We'll see them in three more weeks, we got to play them again, so the hell with them."

A review of the game tape revealed that the Dolphins had 17 carries for 102 yards (6 yards per carry) in the Wildcat formation. Running backs Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams create headaches all night for a Jets defense that was dominant through the first four games.

"He has his own opinion and the biggest comment on that is we're all afraid of what we do not understand," Brown told the Miami Herald. "I guess that's the situation there. It works for us. We enjoy it. We do it. It's part of our package. And if it's not broken don't fix it so we're not going out to try to change it because a guy isn't happy about what we're doing.

"Coming into the game we're watching how they blitz and we were like, 'OK we'll just sit back and play football then and let's see who has the tougher 11 people on the field.' "

Added Dolphins’ guard Justin Smiley: "We're not running Statue of Liberties out of Wildcat. We're running base and power. You have to stop it. You have to stop it, and until you stop it, nothing's going to change. That's the way we approach it. One-on-one, man-on-man, and whatever anybody wants to say about it, that's their opinion. But until you stop it, nothing's going to change."

"Taken from nj.com Can't post the link because I'm a newbie"

:woot:

Your offensive players have every right to fire back but your D stunk too so to hear Fat ferg and Channing the ghost talk trash is comical.

Back
Top Bottom