Pace to miami?! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pace to miami?!

Signing Pace would be indicative that we are going to be a full time 3-4 defense. Porter would be our WLB and Pace would be our SLB. Channing will be one of the MLB, and we hopefully we draft someone like Phillip Wheeler or Jonathan Goff to play the other MLB position.

WLB - Joey Porter
ILB - Channing Crowder
ILB - Phillip Wheeler/Jonathan Goff
SLB - Calvin Pace

That's a pretty good LB corp.

Where's JT and Chris Long that you predict us selecting in your moc draft??? Too many LBs, somebody has to go

and where are you going to find one at. FA is weak at LB this year. None of the FA are going to be perfect to get. They have to have something wrong with them or they wouldnt be a FA. Either Health or money of character issues. Id take a guy that has possible injury issues and good talent over a guy who stinks and has no injury issues. anyone can get injured

and that's why I'm glad you're not our GM. :)

I don't see how you figure Colvin is sooo much better than Pace. First of all, Colvin is a WLB while Pace is a SLB. We don't need a WLB becasue we have Porter. So if there is anyone that is close to perfect to get, it would be Pace because we have NO ONE on our roster that is playing the SLB position right now.

Calvin Pace 6'4 270lbs
98 tackles
6.5 sacks
1 ff
1 int

Roosevelt Colvin 6'3 250lbs
27 tackles
4 sacks
1 int
11 games played

Colvin has never gotten above 70 tackles in a whole season. Colvin is a good pass rusher, but like I said before; the position he playes is filled by Porter. But for you to say Pace "SUCKS", is a very weak evaluation on a player like Pace.

Where's JT and Chris Long that you predict us selecting in your moc draft??? Too many LBs, somebody has to go

That's simple. Long plays LDE until Taylor's departure. When you draft a talent like Long, you find a way to get him on the field. J.T. will probably be with us for how much longer, 1-2 years, if he isn't traded before this season starts. He's our only true pass rushing lineman in a 4-3 defense. We are now going to be shifting to a 3-4 defense, so that leaves us with no true pass rushing lineman now because J.T. is not fit for the DE position in a 3-4. There will be no problem finding a way to have Long and J.T. on the field at the same time.

Too many LBs???? In a 3-4 you can NEVER have too many LBs. LBs are the staple in a 3-4 defense. You need 8 - 9 players that can play LB on your roster when you run a 3-4 defense, and we are no where close to that right now.

Also the mock draft in my sig is from 2/20/08 (pre-combine), so it will change again, and again, and again.:lol:

does this mean either JT or Porter is gone? or will this guy play defensive end for us?

If we do get Pace, I doubt that JT will be traded, but wouldn't be surprised. Due to his salary, if we do trade him, it might be in draft day trade to move up or acquire more picks, but I doubt we get more than a 3rd rd pick for him straight up. Remember if he gets traded, the new team takes on his salary and cap hit.

My guess would be if we get him, either Porter or Pace is moved to ILB with Crowder...Neither has never really played inside, and you lose some of the flexibility that Porter might give you as a pass rusher since Pace is not JP when it comes to that aspect of the position, but that arrangement could work with Crowder, barring an ILB from the draft.

Remember what NE does with Colvin. They were able to use Colvin, Vrabel, Bruschi and Thomas before Seau got there...

and that's why I'm glad you're not our GM. :)

I don't see how you figure Colvin is sooo much better than Pace. First of all, Colvin is a WLB while Pace is a SLB. We don't need a WLB becasue we have Porter. So if there is anyone that is close to perfect to get, it would be Pace because we have NO ONE on our roster that is playing the SLB position right now.

Calvin Pace 6'4 270lbs
98 tackles
6.5 sacks
1 ff
1 int

Roosevelt Colvin 6'3 250lbs
27 tackles
4 sacks
1 int
11 games played

Colvin has never gotten above 70 tackles in a whole season. Colvin is a good pass rusher, but like I said before; the position he playes is filled by Porter. But for you to say Pace "SUCKS", is a very weak evaluation on a player like Pace.

Whoa Whoa Whoa, were in the hell did you get that i like colvin roosevelt better than pace. I'd much rather have pace. i was just saying that we are no going to get a guy in FA that is perfect. i said nothing about liking roosevelt better than pace. you must have misunderstood. id much rather have pace.

We probably would not sign Chris Long if we got Pace...he would fit nicely in the 3-4, and then we could go after Jake Long at LT.

I don't think so, I believe even if we take Pace, we will go after Chris Long...unless we trade down to far (after the 3rd pick overall), then there is a good chance we take Jake.

Pace would be a step into the right direction for this team. I love what he could possibly bring to this team. He had a great year this year and i think he is going to get a whole lot better in the passing years

That would be a nice pick up, but I thought you were talking about the Rams Orlando Pace.

pace would definitely be a nice addition.

maybe something like this:

OLB: porter
ILB: crowder
ILB: bell
OLB: pace

i am gonna be so sad when JT leaves. man i don't want him to go. :boohoo:

Question is are you into Pace after he gets at least $15 million guaranteed?

That's what it's going to take to sign him.

NE is interested in him as well n they prob will move him tp ilb n i think we will as well the way james shined at ilb for dallas. I have news on faneca n others once i get hom ill pist away

good question

is he a baller or a guy who only stepped up his game in his contract year?

if he is the latter then I would rather he get something more incentive base

Back
Top Bottom