Pacman Jones | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pacman Jones

there's nothing one play about pac man jones antics...he's got a pattern of stupid selfish behavior...it has to be weighed heavily

and I also agree with sons that if vance joseph couldn't reign him in in cincinatti (where there was reported late to meetings and inconsistent accountability at all levels of that defense) I don't see how he can here in Miami after we put money in his pocket

I'm not saying it shouldn't be weighed in. I'm saying his ability on the field and his cost on the open market out-weigh those concerns for me. If he hadn't committed that one penalty in the playoff game the backlash would be much less significant. I'll take his on-field baggage over Grimes off-field baggage all day.

One play doesn't make a career. I'm sorry. I wish we had a player who could lose us a playoff game, because that would actually mean we'd be in one. Plug and play #1 CB in our system. No brainer. You take the good with the bad with him.

I don't believe for one moment that you'd be fine having a player on our team who's individual behavior cost us a playoff game.

If he hadn't committed that one penalty in the playoff game the backlash would be much less significant.

I got a lot of "if" scenarios for everybody to ponder. Fact remains, it happened and cost them a chance to advance in the postseason. That's huge. I mean a large majority of the board still holds the personal foul against OV for costing us a game in September vs Jax.

Pacman in Miami scares me, it should scare everyone except the strippers who will be receiving his weekly paycheck.

But truth is, we suck, we lack talent all over the place. Our options are limited, top notch corners are expensive, pacman might come at a bit of discount based on his past. It's a risk we have to take IMO.

We need a good vet cornerback. And if we let go of grimes than well really need one.

And plus, I love Pacman, been one of my favorite players for a long time.

I don't believe for one moment that you'd be fine having a player on our team who's individual behavior cost us a playoff game.

I got a lot of "if" scenarios for everybody to ponder. Fact remains, it happened and cost them a chance to advance in the postseason. That's huge.

If I knew what a playoff game was I may agree with you.

I'll leave you this poll on a Bengals message board as they know the feeling better than anyone: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Leon-v-Pacman

Remember pacman would be a stop gap , realistically if we do sign him , it'll prob be for 2 yrs and we are not winning a Super Bowl in 2 yrs. I'll take the risk.

well if we are already mailing in the next 2 years why are we signing a soon to be 30 year old or 30 already I'm not sure his age cb with sketchy character and on/off field antics in the first place? how does that set the example we want? if all im gonna do is tread water sign nothing but reclamation projects on the dirt cheap

If we want to be successful next season, we need a guy who can cover #1 WR's from week 1. Way I see it that leaves you with Janoris Jenkins, Sean Smith and Pacman Jones to choose from. Janoris might get the richest contract for a CB in the NFL and $12M a year. Sean Smith is looking at $8-10M. Pacman is probably a 3/15M type guy. I'd be happy if we pursued Jenkins or Smith first, but Pacman on a value basis is the top guy for me.

well if we are already mailing in the next 2 years why are we signing a soon to be 30 year old or 30 already I'm not sure his age cb with sketchy character and on/off field antics in the first place? how does that set the example we want? if all im gonna do is tread water sign nothing but reclamation projects on the dirt cheap

Pacman for the past several yrs has done nothing but play good football for a playoff team and has not gotten into any trouble. He worth the risk in my opinion.

I'll leave you this poll on a Bengals message board as they know the feeling better than anyone: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Leon-v-Pacman

Fine. Let's say it happened in week 17 vs a division rival that cost us a playoff birth. Selfish players dont fly in a team concept.

And to be blunt I couldn't care less what what another team's fans think. The amount of respect I have for football fans terms of football knowledge is quite small compared to their numbers. And to be clear you are certainly one of those I do respect, we just have a vastly different opinion on this subject.

Fine. Let's say it happened in week 17 vs a division rival that cost us a playoff birth.

And to be blunt I couldn't care less what what another team's fans think. There amount of respect I have for football fans terms of football knowledge is quite small compared to the numbers. And to be clear you are certainly one of those I do respect, we just have a vastly different opinion on this subject.

Fair. Should've known better than linking to a fan poll with you haha. When asked how I would feel, just thought I would illustrate how they appear to feel. I take more of a hardline on off-field stuff than on-field stuff. He's unpredictable, but a guy that I think the value out-weighs the risk if we want to turn our secondary around. As I said to hoops, there's only so many guys that provide #1 CB ability this year, and he happens to be one of the three and there's no projection considering the scheme. I personally think we need some more attitude on the backend, even if it isn't always controlled. The concerns are warranted, I do get it.

Remember pacman would be a stop gap , realistically if we do sign him , it'll prob be for 2 yrs and we are not winning a Super Bowl in 2 yrs. I'll take the risk.

As unenthusiastic as I am about this team right now, it's way too early to be writing us off for 2017.

Why now? What exactly do we have to lose? We haven't won in 43 years

Ozzy rules

Yes please. Pacman and Suh
Maybe the d will stop playing like pansies

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom