Pacman Jones | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pacman Jones

If we want to be successful next season, we need a guy who can cover #1 WR's from week 1. Way I see it that leaves you with Janoris Jenkins, Sean Smith and Pacman Jones to choose from. Janoris might get the richest contract for a CB in the NFL and $12M a year. Sean Smith is looking at $8-10M. Pacman is probably a 3/15M type guy. I'd be happy if we pursued Jenkins or Smith first, but Pacman on a value basis is the top guy for me.

I want nothing to do with Smith. I think hes been overrated from day 1 and has his flaws hidden by KC's surrounding talent. Jenkins is too expensive, so I agree, Pacman is the most logical choice even given his baggage.

not liking that pacman is 32 already either...this guys got one last pay day in him and a short one at that

We NEED all the talent we can get!!!! Especially corners, the soft wet paper towels that have been the Dolphins players lately NEED to be replaced.

Bring him in. Yes, he's a nutcase. But he can play. We need some fricking attitude on this defense. I can remember all the times last season I was so annoyed because the entire D (except maybe Suh, Wake and Jones) just walked around with their heads down after big plays. I want guys who get angry. Give me a head case that can play football and bring an edge to this boring defense.

Bring him in. Yes, he's a nutcase. But he can play. We need some fricking attitude on this defense. I can remember all the times last season I was so annoyed because the entire D (except maybe Suh, Wake and Jones) just walked around with their heads down after big plays. I want guys who get angry. Give me a head case that can play football and bring an edge to this boring defense.

Exactly.

Miami needs a D full of players that Brady would HATE facing twice a year. A D that makes Brady dodge ghosts from the first snap.

Suh. Jones. R. Jones. And a couple LBs like Burfict, lol.

Brady would call in sick.

LD

Imagine if one of our players had cost us a shot at winning a playoff game. Not from his skill set but from his inability to control his behavior. This board would be livid and would want him gone regardless of his production. But because it didn't happen to our team, now we want to court the problem.

Mind you as well, it would be the same coach (VJ) that couldn't reign in his unprofessional attitude which proved to be a factor in preventing them from advancing in the playoffs.

No thanks.

The guy has all the talent in the world, but Miko's brain. And it's not like we have the strongest locker room either, which could probably rein him in a little bit. I'd be pretty indifferent to a short-term signing as it certainly would add talent, but it would do absolutely nothing to help fix the dumpster fire that is the Phins locker room.

I don't know why people so quickly compromise character for talent. If you're genuinely competent at running a team and evaluating talent you shouldn't have to be constantly reaching for the Pacmans and Hardys. Desperation and compromise of standards are not the path to success.

If his most recent coach....who happens now to be our coach....says bring him in?

Where is the debate?

If his most recent coach....who happens now to be our coach....says bring him in?

Where is the debate?

I'm not so quick to jump on board anything a new coach does. I've seen that fail far more times than succeed with this team. Joseph hasn't worked with the current members of the team, so he has no idea how that aspect will pan out. And if what we saw in Cincy is the best Joseph can get out of him, then I don't have the highest hopes when he gets to this locker room.

So long as it's not a long term deal, I won't be losing any sleep over it. The boards will be pretty funny whenever Pacman does what Pacman does, though.

Back
Top Bottom