Panthers sign Roberts and Nieuwendyk | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Panthers sign Roberts and Nieuwendyk

Use tsn.ca to find out where guys are going. It's the quickest, best, most accurate site I've found. After all, it's Canadian, and this is hockey.

RWhitney014 said:
Use tsn.ca to find out where guys are going. It's the quickest, best, most accurate site I've found. After all, it's Canadian, and this is hockey.

Way ahead of you, Perry.

A couple more big things to break...

Satan to NY Isles.
Peca traded from Isles to Oilers for Mike York.
and.....

Forsberg to Philly. :eek:

I didn't know about Forsberg until you mentioned it there, Phil. Now they're saying JR will be sent to LA to compensate. Wow...LA's making off like bandits there. Florida still needs Nieds (hehe).

neidermayr down to 3 teams, as i posted in the other thread

SJ,NJ,ANA

maybe we should merge the threads?

FireWrongstedt said:
It didn't take long for the Leafs to get their first taste of the new economic order, unable to match the two-year, $4.5-million US deals each player got from Panthers GM Mike Keenan.

Believe me, the Leafs had no problem matching the offers Roberts and Nieuwy got, they just weren't stupid enough to give them that money given they're terrible cap position. They can't afford to fit those contract under the cap, they have no problem dealing out that much money.

The Leafs will always have the money to match an offer if they feel like it, it's a matter whether it's worth it or not, the majority seem to think Roberts and Nieuwy weren't.

RWhitney014 said:

I've thought that TSN's been off their game this year. Usually they're alot quicker, Sportsnet has out done them time and time again so far. This page has everything so far and have been quick to report.

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/nhl/free_agent_tracker.html

Honus Joglund said:
Believe me, the Leafs had no problem matching the offers Roberts and Nieuwy got, they just weren't stupid enough to give them that money given they're terrible cap position. They can't afford to fit those contract under the cap, they have no problem dealing out that much money.

The Leafs will always have the money to match an offer if they feel like it, it's a matter whether it's worth it or not, the majority seem to think Roberts and Nieuwy weren't.

That is what Leaf fans WANT to believe.

The truth is (reported by Nick Kypreos on Sportsnet) that the Leafs were actually offering Roberts MORE then the Panthers were but, they were offering Nieuwy around a million per. Roberts told them to up the offer for Nieuwy and Ferguson balked.

At the last second the Leafs did offer Joe almost the same as Florida did but, to late.

The Leafs are so screwed...no farm system, no young players, dreadfully cap situation.

If Ferguson had a brain (or any REAL power) he would have bought out Belfour, McCabe and Klee and not resigned Domi.

They should have worried about re-signing Roberts and Nieuwy (could have come cheap...2 years deals and they could have been their 2nd line...given them time to find some younger legs). Re-sign Mogilny and Andropov and that's it...let the rest walk or buy them out.

As it stands right now, the Leafs have one good line, no young players (besides Stajan), an immobile defense that could get killled in the new, wide open game and a goalie who is 4508340583 years old....

I'm calling it now....the Leafs miss the playoffs....

And don't forget that they just added a concussion-prone center who hasn't played a hockey game in 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom