Panthers sign Roberts and Nieuwendyk | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Panthers sign Roberts and Nieuwendyk

Slappy8800 said:
no doubt hat edmonton got raped....guess they are trying to "win now" per se

OK, so if you're the Panthers, you look at it and say, "Awesome, we just got to keep Bouw, Weiss, and Jokinen and now we still have the money to try for Niedermayer or any other d-man we want."

The asking price was very high, obviously. Brewer is a stud. I've heard good things about Woywitka, and what a name! Lynch has to be a great prospect, obviously.

i dont se the panthers doing anything else big this year...it hink they will be quiet now

Slappy8800 said:
i dont se the panthers doing anything else big this year...it hink they will be quiet now

I don't think so. Keenan is having a field day. He's already brought in three very good players. I think he wants to make it 4 with a big splash.

The Niedermayer name is very well-known down here from Rob's days. Scott would be the perfect addition. As an offensive d-man, he would turn Bouw and Van Ryn into great players.

neids wont go to FLA....he wants to go to somewhere close to his canadian home or his NJ home.....he said it several times in interviews that money is not the #1 factor

Slappy8800 said:
neids wont go to FLA....he wants to go to somewhere close to his canadian home or his NJ home.....he said it several times in interviews that money is not the #1 factor

How about warm winter weather, no state income tax, and a good team?

panthers are no where close to being a contender....i think that may factor in as well

Slappy8800 said:
panthers are no where close to being a contender....i think that may factor in as well

Don't be surprised. We've got a lot of talent and I think Nieuwendyk, Roberts, and Gelinas will be big pickups.

RWhitney014 said:
How about warm winter weather, no state income tax, and a good team?

If Rob was still in Florida, I'd consider it a strong possibility. But I think the teams in the running are the Devils, Vancouver, Calgary, Anaheim, Pittsburgh and the Rangers.

Anyone else thinking teams are way over-paying already?

Back
Top Bottom