Panthers sign Roberts and Nieuwendyk | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Panthers sign Roberts and Nieuwendyk

RWhitney014 said:
Islanders get Zhitnik. Flames get Amonte.

:cry:

Sabres better do SOMETHING. Sitting back and letting teams grab Z and Satan while we do nothing....Typical Sabres!

Hurricanes sign Cory Stillman. Bruins sign Dave Scatchard.

posted this in the NHL thread

Today's activity so far:

Atlanta Thrashers - Signed unrestricted free agent forward Bobby Holik.
Boston Bruins - Re-signed free agent winger Glen Murray. Signed free agent winger Shawn McEachern.

Calgary Flames - Signed unrestricted free agent Tony Amonte. Signed unrestricted free agent Darren McCarty.

Carolina Hurricanes - Signed unrestricted free agent Cory Stillman.

Chicago Blackhawks - Signed unrestricted free agent defenceman Adrian Aucoin.

Detroit Red Wings - Re-signed unrestricted free agent Steve Yzerman.

Florida Panthers - Signed free agents Martin Gelinas, Joel Kwiatkowski.

Los Angeles Kings - Signed winger Pavol Demitra. Signed free agent goaltender Jason LaBarbera.

Montreal Canadiens - Signed defenceman Francis Bouillon. Signed unrestricted free agent forward Peter Vandermeer.

New York Islanders - Signed unrestricted free agent defenceman Alexei Zhitnik.

New York Rangers - Re-signed restricted free agent goaltender Kevin Weekes. Signed unrestricted free agent forward Martin Straka and unrestricted free agent defenceman Marek Malik.

Ottawa Senators - Re-signed unrestricted free agent Denis Hamel.

Philadelphia Flyers - Signed unrestricted free agent defencemen Derian Hatcher, Mike Rathje and Chris Therien. Signed free agent forward Jon Sim. Traded defenceman Danny Markov to Nashville for a 3rd round pick in 2006.

St. Louis Blues - Signed free agent forward Trent Whitfield

also rumors:

modano to stay in dallas 5 more years
khabby to hawks
neidermayer to sign within 24 hours
leetch offered 1 yar deal with boston

5 years for Modano? I doubt that...

Niedermayer, 24 hours until where? Jersey?

neidermayer to sign within 24 hours

Where did you here that? His agent was quoted in today's Star-Ledger saying that Nieds wouldn't make a decision until Friday at the earliest.

his agent said it on a canadian radio station earlier in the evening...its between 6 teams...3 of the canadian

Slappy8800 said:
his agent said it on a canadian radio station earlier in the evening...its between 6 teams...3 of the canadian

Is Florida on that list, any idea?

he didnt say which teams....heres my guess tho

Devils
Rangers
Oilers(said to hav offered him teh max contract)
canucks
flames
penguins

Slappy8800 said:

Gotcha. Man, I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Edmonton if they're offering him the max. Nieds was born in Edmonton and it isn't too far from home for him. Better there of course than the Rangers. But I'm still cautiously optimisitc he'll stay with us.

well if ya read the ledger article with him he said money wasnt neccsarily a factor

Slappy8800 said:
bad news for panthers fans....see my nhl thread

Eh, not concerned. I didn't want to give up good talent for a guy when there's so much available on the open market.

yea but reports were saying that the reason keenan signed roberts and nieuwendyk for that much was to try and lure pronger to the panthers

Slappy8800 said:
yea but reports were saying that the reason keenan signed roberts and nieuwendyk for that much was to try and lure pronger to the panthers

Look how much Edmonton gave up to get Pronger. I'm not I want to give up 3 prime defense prospects for one star, no matter how great he is. Because they're still down two guys now, and they're gonna pay Pronger a lot.

no doubt hat edmonton got raped....guess they are trying to "win now" per se

Back
Top Bottom