Pass Rush against the Bills | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pass Rush against the Bills

Al13

Don´t mess with Clint
Reaction score
for the first time this season, we will face a QB who is doing these seven step drop backs and i think our pass rush will be there on sunday, national tv, afc east lead up for grabs and a chance to go up 2-0 in the division, LT jennings must have a huge night to protect bledsoe, don´t know what to expect from wally though with big mike williams covering him but overall i think our d-line is due for a big game and its coming this sunday, read it here first, GO DOLPHINS

Its true. The passrush does need to show up in spades though because no the Bills are not a nickel and dime offense, they like to push it downfield and often. As Theismann said they dont like to stagnate.

I do trust the coaches to know how to play the Bills at home though. With Ray Lucas coughing up the ball so much and with the Bills offense being even MORE dangerous than it is now, we managed to hold them to 16 points. But, Travis Henry ran free in that game and helped them keep the ball a lot (so did Lucas' 6 turnovers).

The key here I think rather will be Seau. He has shown himself to be a pretty darn good run stopper, and his aggressiveness will be against the run will be what we need to sit back and play the pass all day without worrying that Henry runs all over us and controls the ball.

I think if this game plays out the way I think it will, a lot of the more perceptive people in the league will start talking about what a good move it was for Miami to bring in Seau.

Taylor (when 100% last year) didn't fare well against Jennings one on one. If we start to break through he'll be facing a TE or Sam Gash on top of that.

In order to rattle Bledsoe we need to get pressure up the middle, I'd like to see some schemes that send Seau up the gut of the Bills O'line (which is their weakest spot on line) since I don't even want to pretend he can drop back in coverage.

yes he is a run stopper, looks like the chargers D is missing him badly, as they have now no one who knows what play is next, like seau told them all the time

whatz up w/Zgnonina ?? I am hoping he can J-Will can generate some nice heat in Drew's face ?

J-Will and Rob will be able to get pressure up the middle on pass downs, its a matter of whether Bledsoe throws it in time and if the coverage holds up.

I'm not convinced on Seau as a blitzer yet. Maybe in the past he was a good blitzer, but so far what I've seen hasn't been all that impressive. He knifes in on run plays and makes the play behind the LOS really well...but it seems like teams are prepared for him on blitzes. I like the nickel CB blitz.

maybe it just needs time to develop, like the communication in the secondary, especially between knight and surtain, i have the feeling that somehow seau will have a huge impact on this game, glad for all you guys who go there, i will drive 1 hour to a friends house to get that game via satellite at 2.30 in tha morning and will be disturbed by a guy who is watching too, because bledsoe is on his fantasy team, whats the wheather forecast btw ?

i'm hoping this is the game where they break through, sorta like last years NE game. i think the recent criticism can only light a fire under the guys on the d-line.

At least we've shown we can win when the passrush is not doing so hot. We nearly won the Texans game and we beat the crap out of the Jets.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
The key here I think rather will be Seau. He has shown himself to be a pretty darn good run stopper, and his aggressiveness will be against the run will be what we need to sit back and play the pass all day without worrying that Henry runs all over us and controls the ball.

I think if this game plays out the way I think it will, a lot of the more perceptive people in the league will start talking about what a good move it was for Miami to bring in Seau.

I agree with you Parrothead... I am banking on Seau being the difference.. In the last two games, I have seen more activity from Jr than I did all last season with Rodgers..

I hope to see Zach and Jr stopping the run, Greenwood trying to defend the TE, the fearsome foursome (Madison, Surtain, Marion and Knight) covering the receivers like pro-bowlers should.. and the last ingredient is for the front four to apply pressure on Drew..

sounds real simple huh?? Lets hope it plays out that well..

Texans...Jets...

Bills...

Not quite the same. If Bledsoe has time to pass he'll beat any secondary in the game.

0 sacks against the TEXANS was bad enough...but 1 against the Jets who abandoned the run and threw 40+ times...pathetic.

We need to get it going.

I think we should play a little more Cover Three. Put Knight a little closer to the line of scrimmage, let Marion decide which WR to roll over to (probably Moulds). Blitz packages from that formation should turn into Knight turnovers.

You could see alot of nickle and dime packages w/ blitzes from CB's. seau is key i feel.

Back
Top Bottom