Pass Rush against the Bills | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pass Rush against the Bills

Mike "Bust" Williams has done a decent job of making the 2nd best DE on teams disappear for a while. He faced Seymour week 1, and Seymour had a sack. Mike Williams is a big hairy bust, and Ogunleye is a better pass rusher then 90% of the guys Williams faces in his 2nd best tackle on the team position.

Btw, how was Taylor shut down last season? He had 2 sacks over 2 games. That's about average for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roosevelt Colvin was NE's best pass-rusher. Yeah, Mike Williams is terrible. Dude, have you ever watched a football game or is this an attempt at humor?!

I'm not saying Williams is terrible..I'm saying he wasnt worth the high draft pick, even on a team that top draft picks are not uncommon for. Now, Baal...Seriously, are you going to tell me you would in retrospect use that pick on Mike Williams?

Yeah, it totally sucks having to take a 6'6'' 370 Offensive tackle that is on his way to the Pro-Bowl this year. What a tragedy. If only we could have waited for Wade Smith....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I could care less if he makes it. I am more concerned that he PLAYS like a Pro-Bowler. And he has done that. Someone counted like 15 knockdowns against the Pats!

When we drafted him he was obviously talented. An example would be that NFL people say that the first lineman taken in the 2003 draft wasn't even in the same league as Williams.

I have heard rumblings from various NFL insiders and analysts saying he is on his way to , perhaps, being THE BEST lineman in the game. These first two games have done nothing to change that.

But don't worry. We'll see how Ogun does tomorrow night. Now all the Miami fans that were living in dreamland conerning Williams can see for themselves.

I'm gonna have to bow to the football experts here at Finheaven about Mike Williams being overrated...

They know better than you know...watching the game film...or listening to the guys who make a living breaking down game film...or facts...

Miami fans are about to learn that everything they think they know about the Bills is very very wrong.

Sorry about your loss.

At least New England fans know a little about our team. I don't think I've ever heard a NE fan say, "Wow, Mike Williams is a bust."

But you're right Spikes, Miami fans ARE living in denial. But even a Bills win by more than 2 TD's won't convince these people. They'll have some great excuses, trust me. My favorite Dolphin excuse this year for the Texans game is that their team didn't try hard. Why should anyone fear a team that won't try in the SEASON OPENER?!

I think all fans use "excuses" when their team loses...especially a game that they think should have been won... try to remember, you're on a Dolphins board, talking up a division rival. What exactly do you expect?

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Uhh, what you dont know Robeezy is that Taylor actually started heating up after he had a knee injury in Kansas City last season.

Until further notice, our Defense is different away from at home. And at home, our pass rush is fierce. We'll worry about @Buffalo later, but out pass rush down here last season was not a problem. Taylor didnt get a ton of sacks, but people gameplan around him, and he freed up everyone else to. The pressure was there, go look at Bledsoes passing stats last season down here. Horrid.

I think the key is blitzing up the middle. Jennings is an average LT. Ogunleye should win the matchup vs. Mike Williams. In the middle we have a huge advantage. The middle of their O-line flat out is terrible in pass protection. Jay Williams and Rob Burnett should have a field day, and we should be seeing alot of those creative blitz packages we saw in practice/preseason, along with hopefully some of those delay blitzes ZT excels on.

Our defense last year was horrible everywhere. What the hell does that have to do with now? Taylor has been getting shut out since the preseason. You think they're gameplaning around him now? Yeah right. They have more installed to stop Mark Duper on Sunday. And what pipe are you smoking that has you seeing Williams and Burnett having an advantage? They haven't gotten a decent push in 2 weeks. You think the Bills line is worse than the 2 you've faced? And since we're on what happened last year, we won, so in your world that must mean since everything that happened last year is bound to happen again, I guess we'll win again.

No, Miami fans are way more into excuses. We beat the Patriots and they had a right to use the Milloy distraction as an excuse but their players AND fans just owned up to the fact that they got pummeled.

Miami fans still blame Lucas when he wasn't even in the lineup! And saying they didn't try against the Texans is lame. If Dolphin players are going to trash talk they should back it up. They disrepected the Texans and look what happened. Now they are trying to diss Moulds. Why do Miami players try to pump up their opponents? Do they really hate Wanny? I guess they are trying to get a new coach!

Baalworshipper, you're an idiot. And not just because you're worshipping a Diablo 2 character...

How do we blame Lucas? He got you two wins last year? Why even bring it up? You should be glad to have him brought up, he did something that the Bills could do for years.

I infact do think that at least the Jets have a better offensive line then the Bills do. It's the same one that gave up 54 sacks last season. The line will be exposed, dont worry about that. And Buffalo is as good of a time as any. The line is highly overrated, Henry isnt running on defenses made up of garbage cans, Bledsoe is not the short-drop, good decision QB. If we dont get at least 5 sacks, we should probabaly demote the entire D-line for a game. There is no excuse or reason why they shouldnt abuse the hell out of Bledsoe.

"I infact do think that at least the Jets have a better offensive line then the Bills do. It's the same one that gave up 54 sacks last season."

Um...The Texans had the same line that allowed 70+ sacks last season...how many sacks did you get?

Not to mention that Jennings has shut down a Pro Bowl DE, We replaced our RG with a guy who can pass protect, Trey Teague is no longer a first year NFL Center, Ruben Brown isn't taking penalties, and Mike Williams isn't a rookie anymore.

2 sacks allowed, 1 by TE Mark Campbell.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
There is no excuse or reason why they shouldnt abuse the hell out of Bledsoe. [/B]

Well, I could think of only one. They're not good enough?

Originally posted by baalworship
When we drafted him he was obviously talented. An example would be that NFL people say that the first lineman taken in the 2003 draft wasn't even in the same league as Williams.

Contrary to what you may believe all players taken in 2003 were in fact drafted into the same league, the National Football League. If you want to rate a player by knockdowns then chalk one up for Randy McMichael. He had a pancake block in the Houston game on a play that was called back for holding. The replay clearly showed that it was a clean block.

I completely agree that the Bills O-line is protecting Drew better than a virgin's hymen. However, the 2.4 yard per carry average by your ProBowl running back is a glaring stat. Something stinks upstate. The Bills better figure it out quickly.

Back
Top Bottom