Pass Rush against the Bills | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pass Rush against the Bills

Originally posted by dolphan
Texans...Jets...

Bills...

Not quite the same. If Bledsoe has time to pass he'll beat any secondary in the game.

0 sacks against the TEXANS was bad enough...but 1 against the Jets who abandoned the run and threw 40+ times...pathetic.

We need to get it going.

once again, carr was getting rid of the ball in less than 2 seconds on average and vinnie always is a two stepper. we abondoned the pass rush/blitz against the jets cus of this and becuase we had the game in control and they could not get it into the endzone. The bills are a great team, but they play ball differently. We have every reason to put pressure on bledsoe. Gregg Williams said tonight on the newscast that they are going to give jonas jennings some help on JT, they are worried about him. So what is see is the potential to blitze bledsoe and disrupt him early. seau is key.

ckparrothead: "I think we should play a little more Cover Three. Put Knight a little closer to the line of scrimmage, let Marion decide which WR to roll over to (probably Moulds). Blitz packages from that formation should turn into Knight turnovers."

I'd like to see that too.

"once again, carr was getting rid of the ball in less than 2 seconds on average"

The Saints didn't have a problem getting to him

Originally posted by Spikes
"once again, carr was getting rid of the ball in less than 2 seconds on average"

The Saints didn't have a problem getting to him

Thankyou,

The 3 second quick release excuse is a little old.
The D could'nt adjust against a bad team.
The Saints adjusted their coverage and Carr had to hold onto the ball longer...... and he got leveled.

You really have to give Carr and the coach credit for that game though. Miami went in there and unveiled a whole lot of new zone coverages with the intention of confusing David Carr into throwing interceptions. With the game plan they had that was the complete wrong thing to do, especially with our guys not use to the change in tackling going from man to zone.

Carr didn't get confused, he just took 3 step drops and unloaded it to his target knowing he'd be open within a few yards cuz of the zone. Pressure is practically a non-factor when you're getting rid of the ball on average 1.9 seconds after the dropback. In that situation, Miami should have been playing EXCLUSIVELY man coverage. They thought Carr was going to push the ball downfield though, so they played zone.

the one thing that plays into our D's hands is that bledsoe is a true pocket passer. he takes those long drops back. not to mention his mobility is weak.

knowing this, it would not surprise me if the bills try some quick drops to catch our D off gaurd. hopefully the phins have learned from the last two games and figure a way to counter this.

I would just like to point out that

Bledsoe has only been sacked twice in 2 games....last year I think he was already down about 6-7 times....

The difference....improved offensive line play....real blocking tight ends....and much improved blitz pick up from our backs....

If they send Seau and he doesn't there there....it might be six

See what you don't see is the fact that Taylor is playing hurt. No way can he go from being the game in terms of pass rush, to getting shutdown in single blocking by 2 sad/mediocre teams. Your staff won't admit it but the dude is not 100%. That plays right into the bills plan to knock him on his arse. Seau is a joke, and for you guys sake, I hope you don't go man, if you do, count on being 1-2.

It seems obvious to me that the key to a Fish win is in your secondary and your receivers.

I don't have to tell you what a nightmare Moulds has been for your team. Frankly, I was surprised as hell he was able to smoke your all-star secondary as easily as he has. That simply has to stop for you to win. I doubt you'll shut him down completely but you won't be able to give up any of the homeruns he's consistently torched you with. You're going to have to take your chances and force Reed, Shaw, and Cambell to make plays. And you’re probably going to have to create at least 2 TO’s from that unit as well.

Secondly, you'll need to get more than token contribution from your receivers. Ricky is an animal and he'll do his usual steamroll impression, good for at least 100 total yards and a score or two. But unless you can contain what has been a very balanced and productive offense so far, that will not be enough. If you don't get at least 200 yards and a couple of scores out of Chambers/Thompson/McMichaels you’re going to come up short.

Uhh, what you dont know Robeezy is that Taylor actually started heating up after he had a knee injury in Kansas City last season.

Until further notice, our Defense is different away from at home. And at home, our pass rush is fierce. We'll worry about @Buffalo later, but out pass rush down here last season was not a problem. Taylor didnt get a ton of sacks, but people gameplan around him, and he freed up everyone else to. The pressure was there, go look at Bledsoes passing stats last season down here. Horrid.

I think the key is blitzing up the middle. Jennings is an average LT. Ogunleye should win the matchup vs. Mike Williams. In the middle we have a huge advantage. The middle of their O-line flat out is terrible in pass protection. Jay Williams and Rob Burnett should have a field day, and we should be seeing alot of those creative blitz packages we saw in practice/preseason, along with hopefully some of those delay blitzes ZT excels on.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
Where did you hear Taylor is hurt?

Well...it has been in the game injru report the last couple weeks.

He's always probable with a bad ankle.

Originally posted by Disgustipate

Jennings is an average LT. Ogunleye should win the matchup vs. Mike Williams. In the middle we have a huge advantage. The middle of their O-line flat out is terrible in pass protection. Jay Williams and Rob Burnett should have a field day.

I nominate this for Homer quote of the week! Yeah, Mike Williams is going to lose to Ogunleye! As long as you keep smoking what you're smoking you should be fine when this doesn't come to pass.

Seconded.

If Jennings is average than Jason Taylor must suck, as he was shut down last year.

Williams will make Ogunleye disapear just as he has to far better ends already this year.

While the middle of the O-line is weaker than the ends, it is stronger than the O-lines that already shut your guys down.

Back
Top Bottom