Pass Rush against the Bills | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pass Rush against the Bills

We figured it out.

It's called "The Jaguars shut Henry down to 1.2 YPC by putting 8 men in the box". It also got them burned to the tune of 38 points.

By all means though...please...do the same.

Uhh, he also had low 3.0 vs. NEW ENGLAND. NEW ENGLAND. That's the Patriots, for those of you playing along at home.

Whose the Pro Bowl DE? Hugh Douglas? Is that the same Hugh Douglas our rookie LT held to 0 sacks, 0 tackles?

Actually that's all the bills have been doiing, the big play, each of their drives has resulted in a 20 yard pass play, the key for us is to make Drew have to wait..they've score on 10 or less plays, Drew isn't patient enough to go on long drives and that's what we need to make him do..then we may get a interception or force a fumble..they started out like this last year..they had 76 or 78 points after 2 games..they're little behind right now. So we need to put them in game 9 mode...

Here's a good one for you.

Who's scored more points this year...Travis Henry...or Ricky Williams and Chris Chambers combined?

3.1 YPC in the Pats game may not be great...but 3.8 YPC after two games for the best weapon on your team isn't sparkling either.

Originally posted by Spikes
Here's a good one for you.

Who's scored more points this year...Travis Henry...or Ricky Williams and Chris Chambers combined?

3.1 YPC in the Pats game may not be great...but 3.8 YPC after two games for the best weapon on your team isn't sparkling either.

You seem to be arguing your self into a hole. TDs are not the whole story. Who scored more points this year a) Chambers b) Moulds and Reed combined? Is Chambers then twice as good as Moulds? Obviously Henry will get more TDs if 1) he is the hammer in goal line situations and 2) if Buffalo has scored 69 points.

We rarely put more than 5 on the line. And we have been effective against the run.

I'm not sure what's been going on with Travis Henry. He looked good in the NE game but looked terrible last week. He normally never dances but was dancing behind the line last week.

There's been speculation about different blocking schemes this year, injury, who knows?

I do know that Travis Henry is a great back and Bills fans aren't any more worried about Henry than Fin fans are worried about Jason Taylor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mods,

this is becoming unbearable. Cant we have ONE thread that isnt ruined by bills/other fans? This started out as an interesting analysis about the Phins pass rush, and turned into another obnoxious thread about the Bills.

Truth is, Im not interested in what they Bills gfans have to say. Let them go to a Bills board. EVERY thread thaty they join ends up turning into a war of words and its tiring.

What will you do? Many of the quality posters havent shown their faces this week.

Good post, another complaint about how the thread has moved off-topic by going OFF-Topic!

If the Dolphins can get pressure on Bledsoe, they stand a good chance. If not, it's going to be a long night.

Originally posted by Surferosa
Mods,

this is becoming unbearable. Cant we have ONE thread that isnt ruined by bills/other fans? This started out as an interesting analysis about the Phins pass rush, and turned into another obnoxious thread about the Bills.

Truth is, Im not interested in what they Bills gfans have to say. Let them go to a Bills board. EVERY thread thaty they join ends up turning into a war of words and its tiring.

What will you do? Many of the quality posters havent shown their faces this week.

You're right.

While there are a few Bills fans who post intelligently, and offer insight from a different perspective... the majority seem to only want to play the game with smack before the real game starts.
Unfortunately, there is not much we can do, except igonre the ones who are only here to start crap. I do try to handle the bad examples, but to split all their posts, and FinFans responses out of threads, would be near impossible. I suggest until the game is played, we just ignore the stupid crap, and continue our discussions in a mature manner... remember, by actually arguing with them, you're only encouaging them to post more....

But how will they get pressure? Are you going to blitz or do you honestly believe you can get people in Bledsoe's face with a 4 man rush?

The problem, as I pointed out 34 posts back or so is that Bledsoe is a killer when he can step up in the pocket. But Miami's DT's are more run stuffers than pass-rushers...

Originally posted by baalworship
But Miami's DT's are more run stuffers than pass-rushers...

When you're only looking at Chester and Bowens, that's true. Keep in mind that Zgognia and Jay Williams rotate into the line on passing downs, both are more pass rushers than run stoppers....
unfortunately they haven't produced as well as we'd like to see so far, but then we're only looking at 2 games....

Originally posted by baalworship
But how will they get pressure? Are you going to blitz or do you honestly believe you can get people in Bledsoe's face with a 4 man rush?

The problem, as I pointed out 34 posts back or so is that Bledsoe is a killer when he can step up in the pocket. But Miami's DT's are more run stuffers than pass-rushers...

Well, I am not going to blitz because I will be sitting in front of the TV watching the game. :lol: That is the defensive coordinator Jim Bates' job. They need the right balance of the defensive scheme be successful. Kind of like speaking of any offense having the right balance of run and pass.

Also, if the Dolphins can run the ball successfully, they can keep Bledsoe off the field, which is what teams tried to do to them when Marino was playing. The Dolphins have been able to control the line-of-scrimmage against QB's like Peyton Manning, so I would not rule that out.

Originally posted by WharfRat

You're right.

While there are a few Bills fans who post intelligently, and offer insight from a different perspective... the majority seem to only want to play the game with smack before the real game starts.
Unfortunately, there is not much we can do, except igonre the ones who are only here to start crap. I do try to handle the bad examples, but to split all their posts, and FinFans responses out of threads, would be near impossible. I suggest until the game is played, we just ignore the stupid crap, and continue our discussions in a mature manner... remember, by actually arguing with them, you're only encouaging them to post more....

The smack is coming from both sides as well as evidenced by some of the posts in this thread. Mike Williams overrated? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom