Patrick Ramsey closing in on the Jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patrick Ramsey closing in on the Jets

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Jets | Team closing in on Ramsey trade
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 05:31:26 -0800

Mark Cannizzaro, of the New York Post, reports two sources familiar with the goings on between the New York Jets and Washington Redskins, told The Post last night that the Jets and Jimmy Sexton, the agent for Washington backup QB Patrick Ramsey, have been actively working on the parameters for a trade that would bring Ramsey to New York. Talk is the Jets would give the Redskins a fifth-round draft pick in next month's NFL Draft as well as a possible conditional pick in the 2007 draft, depending on how much and how well Ramsey plays. That pick could be as high as a third-round pick should Ramsey start a certain number of games and perform to a certain level.

The Jets will not be a powerhouse in the QB position but God knows that didn't keept the Dolphins from winning 9 games last year.

BZ

The title is backwards, if you canged it it should be ''The Jets closing in on Patrick Ramsey'' actually that makes it sound like it was written by a ******ed caveman so it should therefore be ''The Jets are closing in on Patrick Ramsey.''

Back to the topic at hand, does this mean the Jets could have 3 potential starters next year if they draft a rookie? and how does this affect the draft?

PatsSuck456 said:
Back to the topic at hand, does this mean the Jets could have 3 potential starters next year if they draft a rookie? and how does this affect the draft?

I really doubt the Jets draft a QB in the 1st round if they get Ramsey.

Yeah thats true but they could be using him to compete for a back up job with Chad if they do draft a rookie, but I'm sure Ramsey wants to start.

Rixon said:
Lets hope they get him

and let's hope you get daunte culpepper. Ramsey is excellent vet insurance for Chad. Either Chad stays healthy and plays well like he always has when healthy or Chad is hurt again and Ramsey comes in and I feel Patrick can be a good starting QB in this league. I am just glad you guys didn't get him as I'd be more worried about you if you got Ramsey than Culpepper or Brees.

nyjunc said:
and let's hope you get daunte culpepper. Ramsey is excellent vet insurance for Chad. Either Chad stays healthy and plays well like he always has when healthy or Chad is hurt again and Ramsey comes in and I feel Patrick can be a good starting QB in this league. I am just glad you guys didn't get him as I'd be more worried about you if you got Ramsey than Culpepper or Brees.
""and I feel Patrick can be a good starting QB in this league. I am just glad you guys didn't get him as I'd be more worried about you if you got Ramsey than Culpepper or Brees""
:sidelol:
Of course YOU would just like YOU would be more worried if the Dolphins would have a chance of signing Culpepper if he was rumored to close to signing with the jits..
What a transparent homer hypocrite...
:rolleyes2

Marino1983

Marino1983 said:
""and I feel Patrick can be a good starting QB in this league. I am just glad you guys didn't get him as I'd be more worried about you if you got Ramsey than Culpepper or Brees""
:sidelol:
Of course YOU would just like YOU would be more worried if the Dolphins would have a chance of signing Culpepper if he was rumored to close to signing with the jits..
What a transparent homer hypocrite...
:rolleyes2

Marino1983

Nope, I have been syaing for years I liked Ramsey and I have said for years I hope Patrick does not go to Miami. I also have been syaing for years how much I dislike daunte and how I feel he's the most overrated player in the game and there have been rumors about us getting him and I have said I would rather have Sage Rosenfels than daunte. Brees might be a good option but he is coming off a major injury to his throwing shoulder and let's be honest he has never been at his best against good teams and in 4 years as a starter has zero playoff wins.

nyjunc said:
Nope, I have been syaing for years I liked Ramsey and I have said for years I hope Patrick does not go to Miami. I also have been syaing for years how much I dislike daunte and how I feel he's the most overrated player in the game and there have been rumors about us getting him and I have said I would rather have Sage Rosenfels than daunte. Brees might be a good option but he is coming off a major injury to his throwing shoulder and let's be honest he has never been at his best against good teams and in 4 years as a starter has zero playoff wins.
NO........Michael Vick is the most overated player in the game!!!

FinFan72 said:
NO........Michael Vick is the most overated player in the game!!!

I agree with you 100% on that, he is too much hype, not a team player. I also think that Culpepper would help you guys out more than Bree's woul, he is damaged goods.

Vick makes plays to win agmes, he has guided his team w/ no talent around him except a decent RB and TE to an NFC Title Game where they were at least competitive and he's guided Atl to the playoffs twice in 4 years as a starter in the NFC's best div while Culpepper w/ incredible offensive talent around him has guided Minny to the playoffs twice in 5 years as a starter in what might have been the weakest div in the NFL and Daunte had a 13 rating in a humiliating loss against a much worse giants team in the '00 title agme than Vick against Philly in the '04 title game.

Back
Top Bottom