Patrick Ramsey closing in on the Jets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patrick Ramsey closing in on the Jets

Section126 said:
and what does that have to do with the price of peanuts? NOTHING.

yeah b/c it's much more important to put up great fantasy #s than lead your team to alot of wins:rolleyes2 He put up those great #s and still only won EIGHT games! in a pathetically weak div and conf.

Are we having a discussion over who is better..Ramsey or Culpepper???...Please tell me you are joking...please...if you took a survey across the league...do you really think people would pick Ramsey over Culpepper????...The more I read this...it has to be a joke.

it's a case of the known vs. the unknown, I know Culpepper is an overrated choker and I don't know what Ramsey is yet. i'd rather take a chance on the cheaper unknown than the expense known choker.

nyjunc said:
yeah b/c it's much more important to put up great fantasy #s than lead your team to alot of wins:rolleyes2 He put up those great #s and still only won EIGHT games! in a pathetically weak div and conf.

it's a case of the known vs. the unknown, I know Culpepper is an overrated choker and I don't know what Ramsey is yet. i'd rather take a chance on the cheaper unknown than the expense known choker.
Then you are in the utmost..finite..molecular minority.. In all honesty...in a poll around the league...what do you think the numbers would be Ramsey vs. Culpepper?. I would doubt you would get 5% that would say Ramsey...I think 5% would be high. You are enitled to your opinion...but man...talent wise..they are not even close...not even in the same universe close. He is such a talent that the Jets want to trade a 6th round pick for him????? I would be interested in what you think the poll would say?

Jets | Ramsey acquired for 2006 draft pick
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:03:54 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Washington Redskins have traded QB Patrick Ramsey to the New York Jets for a 2006 sixth-round pick.

It is a good move.

You pick up a young, proven starter who can battle Chad for the spot for next to nothing. At worst he is a backup for a sixth, at best he is a starter who is young with lots of upside.

There is also still the draft, but now with some breathing room.

BZ

The Jets had the better end of the deal. Trading a 6th round pick for a guy who has shown some flashes as a starter is pretty damn good.

nyjunc said:
How many wins did he lead the Vikes w/ "one of the best QB performances in NFL History? EIGHT and how many did Gus/Sage lead you to last year? NINE

and which qb that year made it to the playoffs and whooped green bay with 4 tds and has 7 tds and 0 picks in playoff history????

miaD5499 said:
and which qb that year made it to the playoffs and whooped green bay with 4 tds and has 7 tds and 0 picks in playoff history????

Wow! he whooped GB, we all know GB has been so tough the past few years.

Daunte has 7 Tds and 0 picks in his playoff history?

He had 3 in one game against the Giants, in 4 career playoff games he has 7 TDs(that came against mediocre NO and GB) and 5 INTs(3 of which came against medicore NYG).

BwanaZulia said:
It is a good move.

You pick up a young, proven starter who can battle Chad for the spot for next to nothing. At worst he is a backup for a sixth, at best he is a starter who is young with lots of upside.

There is also still the draft, but now with some breathing room.

BZ

That's a steal for the Jets.... Not only do I think he's a better QB than Pennington, he was really cheap... You got a first round talent from 3 years ago for a sixth.... I think the Skins must have fallen asleep on that one....

miaD5499 said:

Whooping GB in the playoffs is like playing in the PeeWee league.

BZ

IMO Ramsey could be good for the Jets but stop just stop the homerism as of now, today, on this planet, NO WAY is Ramsey comparable to Culpepper. He might become special but he's not right now, period end of story.

nyjunc said:

puhleeze.

Maybe putting up great numbers and losing is due to other factors than the guy putting up the great numbers? I don't think you need to be a brain surgeon to understand that.

That is like saying Kobe Bryant sucks because the Lakers suck.

If you have any evidence of Daunte being a choker...it would be nice if you shared it with us. Of course...you don't...and you just hate daunte because he is a fin.

if he were a Jet...oh my...I think you would be declaring him better than Marino.

Maybe putting up great numbers and losing is due to other factors than the guy putting up the great numbers? I don't think you need to be a brain surgeon to understand that.

QBs are judged on wins and losses and Daunte just dosn't show up in big spots and dos not win enough. he has had more than enough talent around him to make a few more PO appearances but he has not and he always folds in big spots.

If you have any evidence of Daunte being a choker...it would be nice if you shared it with us. Of course...you don't...and you just hate daunte because he is a fin.

I have been sharing. The 3 biggest exampls are the 13 rating he posted in the '00 title game, leading Minny to 17 pts at Ari in Week 17 of '03 when Ari had given up 33/gm the previous 8 weeks and Ari was 4-12 and leading Minny to 10 pts in the competitive portion of the Week 17 game at 6-10 Wash in '04. Luckily for him and Minny they took 2 8-8 teams or he'd have just 1 PO appearance. He is a choker.

Please look up my post history you will find myself bashing Daunte LONG before he was ever headed to Miami.

if he were a Jet...oh my...I think you would be declaring him better than Marino.

yeah that's why when the Jets were rumored to be involved a couple of weeks ago I went nuts on my Jet board. I have been telling evryone how overrated he is for YEARS now, he has time to turn it around but so far I am 100% correct.

nyjunc said:
yeah that's why when the Jets were rumored to be involved a couple of weeks ago I went nuts on my Jet board. I have been telling evryone how overrated he is for YEARS now, he has time to turn it around but so far I am 100% correct.
:lolcry:
And Pennington has been such a superstar in the land of green-puke...
:lol:

Now P Ramsey has been lowered into the bowels of stadium-less Jersey mediocrity... But he is sooooooo much a better qb than Cullpeppper..:sidelol:

YOU are soooooo transparent it is not even funny anymore!

Marino1983

Chad did go into NE on a Sunday Night and tear up the defending Champ Pats which was the game that won us the tiebreaker for the division in 2002. If not for usa nd Chad NE might have had 4 in a row. he also led the NFL in passing that year and led us back from a 1-4 start meanwhile in a creampuff div daunte's best year was an 8-8 playoff year since 2001.

Back
Top Bottom