Patrick Ramsey closing in on the Jets | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patrick Ramsey closing in on the Jets

nyjunc, you are just wrong here. In fact,,,you are really really wrong. To the point of insanity.

Okay...I guess Kobe Bryant sucks.

Is that your position?

It better be if you want to keep up with this Daunte BS.

Section126 said:
nyjunc, you are just wrong here. In fact,,,you are really really wrong. To the point of insanity.

Okay...I guess Kobe Bryant sucks.

Is that your position?

It better be if you want to keep up with this Daunte BS.

Kobe has THREE Championships and has hit a million clutch shots, last year he was hurt and they missed the playoffs. This year he is carrying that team on his back to the playoffs. How is Kobe a relevant comparison to Daunte?

do me a favor and compile all the great performances in big games he's had?

nyjunc said:
Kobe has THREE Championships and has hit a million clutch shots, last year he was hurt and they missed the playoffs. This year he is carrying that team on his back to the playoffs. How is Kobe a relevant comparison to Daunte?

do me a favor and compile all the great performances in big games he's had?

You are not paying attention.

In the NFL, a good defense is essential to winning a championship.

A good defense is defined as "help".

Kobe Bryant had help in the form of Shaq, Horry, Fisher, etc...

Kobe is now on a team comparable to the Viking teams you are referring too.

So again....I ask...is it your position that Kobe Bryant sucks?

For the last time...because it seems to be a trend around here to ignore the posts that don't jive with whatever particular theory a poster wants to believe.

HERE ARE HIS PLAYOFF STATS. THE ARE BETTER ON AVERAGE THAN HIS REGULAR SEASON STATS. HE HAD ONE BAD GAME.

In fact...these numbers suggest that Daunte was rather clutch in the playoffs.

Year Opp Result | CMP ATT PYD PTD INT | RSH YD TD
---------------------+--------------------------+-----------------
2000 nor W,34-16 | 17 31 302 3 0 | 4 51 0
2000 nyg L,0-41 | 13 28 78 0 3 | 2 10 0
2004 gnb W,31-17 | 19 29 284 4 0 | 6 54 0
2004 phi L,14-27 | 24 46 316 1 2 | 5 25 1
TOTAL | 73 134 980 8 5 | 17 140 1

Section126 said:
You are not paying attention.

In the NFL, a good defense is essential to winning a championship.

A good defense is defined as "help".

Kobe Bryant had help in the form of Shaq, Horry, Fisher, etc...

Kobe is now on a team comparable to the Viking teams you are referring too.

So again....I ask...is it your position that Kobe Bryant sucks?

You need D to win a title, you don't need a D to get to the playoffs especially in that weka div and conf.

Kobe was hurt last year and this year he's leading the Lakers to the playoffs, so that's essentially 1 for 1. daunte was 2 for 5 and one of theose 5's he led them to 8-8 but the NFC was so weak they got in.

I do not think Ramesy is a terrible QB...BUT...to think that he is BETTER than Culpepper...is almost criminal. I asked him before the percentage of people or fans around this league who think ramsey is better...never quite got that answer?

Section126 said:
For the last time...because it seems to be a trend around here to ignore the posts that don't jive with whatever particular theory a poster wants to believe.

HERE ARE HIS PLAYOFF STATS. THE ARE BETTER ON AVERAGE THAN HIS REGULAR SEASON STATS. HE HAD ONE BAD GAME.

In fact...these numbers suggest that Daunte was rather clutch in the playoffs.

Year Opp Result | CMP ATT PYD PTD INT | RSH YD TD
2000 nor W,34-16 | 17 31 302 3 0 | 4 51 0
2000 nyg L,0-41 | 13 28 78 0 3 | 2 10 0
2004 gnb W,31-17 | 19 29 284 4 0 | 6 54 0
2004 phi L,14-27 | 24 46 316 1 2 | 5 25 1
TOTAL | 73 134 980 8 5 | 17 140 1

You can't be serious? He played ONE real good team in the postseason and that waas Philly. Secondly he posted a 13(THIRTEEN!) rating against a mediocre Giant D(a Giant D that Trent Dilfer had little problems against 2 weeks later) and threw 2 INts at Philly. In 2 of the 4 games he had a 13 rating and a 63 rating- that's clutch? He did well against medciroe NO and GB teams but in the biggest game of his career he posted a 13 rating and the 2nd biggest game of his career he posted a 63- yeah he's clutch:sidelol:

NYPhinFan said:
I do not think Ramesy is a terrible QB...BUT...to think that he is BETTER than Culpepper...is almost criminal. I asked him before the percentage of people or fans around this league who think ramsey is better...never quite got that answer?

I NEVER said Ramsey was better I said I'd rather take a chance on Ramsey as I like his potential. I KNOW what Daunte can do and know he's overrated but I don't know what Ramsey can do and he comes MUCH cheaper.

nyjunc said:
I NEVER said Ramsey was better I said I'd rather take a chance on Ramsey as I like his potential. I KNOW what Daunte can do and know he's overrated but I don't know what Ramsey can do and he comes MUCH cheaper.
You would rather have Ramsey or Rosenfels than Culpepper?..

Ramsey is def cheaper....yes
Does he have more talent...absolutly not
does he have more potential....not even close
does he strike fear in def coords more than Culpepper....hardly

nyjunc said:
You can't be serious? He played ONE real good team in the postseason and that waas Philly. Secondly he posted a 13(THIRTEEN!) rating against a mediocre Giant D(a Giant D that Trent Dilfer had little problems against 2 weeks later) and threw 2 INts at Philly. In 2 of the 4 games he had a 13 rating and a 63 rating- that's clutch? He did well against medciroe NO and GB teams but in the biggest game of his career he posted a 13 rating and the 2nd biggest game of his career he posted a 63- yeah he's clutch:sidelol:

You really are refusing to listen to logic.

He played 4 playoff games in his career. HE HAD THREE GOOD GAMES...and ONE BAD ONE. PERIOD. Now we are rating the playoff teams? WTF?

Just give it up. The evidence doesn't backup your assertion.

NYPhinFan said:
You would rather have Ramsey or Rosenfels than Culpepper?..

yes I would. Daunte is alot more expensive, has character issues, has injury issues and has never performed in big games. The other guys may not do it either but I save alot of money and cap room if a mistake is made.

He played 4 playoff games in his career. HE HAD THREE GOOD GAMES...and ONE BAD ONE. PERIOD. Now we are rating the playoff teams? WTF?

Where is this 3rd good game? He played 3 medicore teams(NO, NYG, GB) and succeeded against 2 of them while against the Giants(who Trent dilfer ahd no problems against 2 weeks later) he had one of the worst playoff gams EVER by a QB- EVER! Then in the 4th playoff games he put up good yardage #s but alot of that was in garbage time and he was 24 of 46 on the day. You should throw for over 300 yds when you throw it 46 times. He had numerous opportunities in the first half to keep it a game but that game was over by the half and the rst was all garbage time. In the 1st half when the game was somewhat competitive he was 8 of 16 for 96 yds w/ 1 TD(set up by a great KR). yeah that's big time play:lol:

And Minny had the ball TWICE before Philly scored but they could only manage 2 3 and outs w/ daunte going 1 for 3 for zero yards. They finally got a 1st down but after 3 possessions daunte was 2 of 7 for 8 yds. Yep it was all their D's fault and Daunte was "good" in this game:sidelol:

In the 3rd qtr w/ a chance to gte back in it down 21-7 after the D held Philly to an opening drive 3 and out daunte throws his first INT then Minny's D holds AGAIn and Daunte comes back and throws ANOTHER INT. After that Philly scored and Daunte then started to rack up his meaningless yardage totals.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20050116_MIN@PHI

Just give it up. The evidence doesn't backup your assertion.

So far I have given you numerous examples and you have given me absolutely nothing to back your argument except to say that Daunte was "good" in 3 of 4 playoff games which I just proved wasn't true. Keep believing what you want to believe, I KNOW the truth.

nyjunc said:
So far I have given you numerous examples and you have given me absolutely nothing to back your argument except to say that Daunte was "good" in 3 of 4 playoff games which I just proved wasn't true. Keep believing what you want to believe, I KNOW the truth.

You know the truth? :sidelol:

Your arguement is incoherent. Your arguement strikes me as "trying too hard" to put Daunte down.

It just doesn't make sense. Like I said...it isn't me saying that he is a top 5 QB...it is pretty much the consensus opinion around the NFL.

What do you want me to do....change reality?

Section126 said:

Your arguement is incoherent. Your arguement strikes me as "trying too hard" to put Daunte down.

It just doesn't make sense. Like I said...it isn't me saying that he is a top 5 QB...it is pretty much the consensus opinion around the NFL.

Reality.....What would reality have to do with this conversation?? A jet fan comes on to tell us that he would rather have Ramsey or Sage over DC. Who cares what N.F.L people and Saban think? we have Jet fans and Bill fans telling us what a horrible move this is!!! They must be right!! I remember last yr. when I went on a Pat's board to tell them How I would rather have Gus than Brady:sidelol: :lol: :shakeno: How idiotic is this post!!! Go enjoy Ramsey and Losman and Chad and Holcombe....I guess we finfans must live with "lowly" Culpepper!!!:fire: Just waiting for justa or CW to tell us how Nall is the second coming of.....I don't know Alex Van Pelt:tantrum: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Section126 said:

When are you going to back up your argument? I have given you alot of facts to support my argument and you continue to not give me any facts. I don't care what people say around the league, I GUARANTEE you privately they agree w/ me(at least Bradshaw went public) but alot of them can't come out publicly and bash a guy.

BACK UP YOUR ARGUMENT! Give me something. Right now this is as lopsided as the Jets-dolphins series has been since '98.

Back
Top Bottom