Patriot fans eerily respectful this week... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriot fans eerily respectful this week...

Originally posted by Section126
The pats have no chance with the matchups we'll exploit.

Like I said....IT WILL BE LIKE LAST YEAR...REMEMBER YOU PATTIES?

We kicked the crap out of the pats for 56 minutes..

we will do the same again this year...except that this year we shut the door, and it will stay the same....probably by 11 like last year.

I remeber we won and knocked you out of the playoffs am I missing anything section?

The pats have no chance with the matchups we'll exploit.

Who's gonna exploit who? Wanny exploit Bellichick? :huh:

Every pats -fins game have always been a great game. I expect this to be no different. Fins have the talent, Pats have the brains and weather behind them.

This is crunch time finfans. Let's see if that December problems are true of fiction.

Originally posted by pats4life

I remeber we won and knocked you out of the playoffs am I missing anything section?
That was then this is now and I also look forward to a great game!!
I don't see a blowout but Fins will win!!!

what the hell is a bills fan doing in here?

don't you have to work on all the scenarios that can land your team the #1 pick?

don't you have to work on all the scenarios that can land your team the #1 pick?

pretty spicy...considering its your first day and all.

dont worry about justafan...while most barfalo fans are a pain in the @$$ who bombard our message boards before a game then leave once their team loses one or two games, he's a stand up guy...as bill fans go ;).

As I stated somewhere else New England had a fierce pass rush vs. the Colts. I was very impressed with the manner in which they disrupted Mannings rhythm. If we're going to get anything done in the passing game Jay needs time to deliver the football. This will be apparent right away. If we lose that battle ( New Englands front 7 vs. our D-Line) it will be a very hard game to win, especially on the road. If the O-Line can create some creases and Rickey has some holes to run through that would be very big. Once the run is established the play-action and boots and waggles are tough to defend. Norv has to call a brilliant game and New Englands D has to be on their heels as opposed to teeing off on Rickey and Jay. We've got to go up their and win this ballgame. If we play smart and with intensity we can win the game.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

pretty spicy...considering its your first day and all.

dont worry about justafan...while most barfalo fans are a pain in the @$$ who bombard our message boards before a game then leave once their team loses one or two games, he's a stand up guy...as bill fans go ;).

what he said :D

Originally posted by muddaconch
It will be cold for both teams.

Also, remember last year - Ricky for 223 in the snow, Jay Fiedler grew up in NY, and Chris Chambers went to school in Wisconson.

If Miami loses this game, the cold will not be a factor.

rongo buddy, it dont matetr where u played, or grew up... they practice in hot wheather, EVERYDAY... doesnt matter what youve had, its what your used to...

Originally posted by BSQX4
As I stated somewhere else New England had a fierce pass rush vs. the Colts. I was very impressed with the manner in which they disrupted Mannings rhythm. If we're going to get anything done in the passing game Jay needs time to deliver the football. This will be apparent right away. If we lose that battle ( New Englands front 7 vs. our D-Line) it will be a very hard game to win, especially on the road.

Very good point BSQ. The Pats put tremendous pressure on Manning yet he still had a very impressive game. He did one thing that no other QB has been able to do through the first 12 games; and that was to take advantage of Wilson and Samuel.

If the Pats get the same amount of pressure on Fiedler, they should be in pretty good shape. I also hope the "rookies" learned a lesson last week and can come back strong.

Originally posted by MïâMì-ÃÂø|ƒäÑ
not as spicey as me...o darn im on 2nd day...

Damn, 54 posts/day. Don't be shy. Speak up.

Originally posted by justafan

Damn, 54 posts/day. Don't be shy. Speak up.

kid's a post whore...he'll run out of "hehe" responses soon enough

as for the weather, it really does make a difference. Maybe not a huge one, but it could be ther difference between the game, win or lose. The passing game is hindered in cold weather, its harder to grip a cold wet ball to throw it, and its hard to catch a ball when your hands are freezing. Even with gloves, that ball is coming pretty fast, and it can hurt! Tackling is also a little harder when its cold, the impact is more painful and defenders miss-tackle more with the wet/cold conditions, hence the reason the running game can explode in severe conditions. We rely more on our running game than NE does, so this I consider a plus on our side.

Where you grow up can have a major effect on your vulnerabilty to temperature, but Ill tell you, Ive lived in Wyoming, Kansas, Georgia, Alabama, and now California. I use to be pretty use to cold weather, but after living in Cali for so long, if it gets under 45 im freezing my rostifarian nene's off! So they're big tough football players and they've got a few layers on...they live in Miami! Like I said, it wont be a huge difference, but it may be enough. These teams are playing at the same level right now(if Miami brings its Dallas attack) and the small things are whats going to make a difference.

So anyways, I still think Miami will pull it off, but its gonna be a nail biter

This is the only useful thread about the game I could find so here goes my little tidbit of useless information.

I expect nothing less than another defensive battle.
Combined these two teams MAY reach 700 yards in total offense.
It took almost five quarters to reach that mark already this year.

Pats-Dolphins 2003

Pats-Dolphins 2002

I really discount the value of this game in comparison.

The first meeting in 2002 was the first chance Bellichek had to see what Norv Turner would do with Ricky Williams. It was a run dominant game and Miami only amassed (a similar to the rest) 319 total yards.

This game should be decided in the 4th quarter. If it is indeed decided in the 4th, most accounts of advantage should go to the Patriots.

Back
Top Bottom