Patriots power struggle? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots power struggle?

Correct, although bledsoe got hurt week 2, and they lost that game to the jets in foxboro to start 0-2, and then went 11-3 in 14 games with brady as starter.
It's the Jets fault...of course. It was their revenge for passing on Marino in the draft. They screwed themselves in the process but it was a revenge act against us. :laugh

It's the Jets fault...of course. It was their revenge for passing on Marino in the draft. They screwed themselves in the process but it was a revenge act against us. :laugh
i seriously wonder what would have happened if the tuck rule does not go the pats way in that game.

Think about it. The pats end up losing there first playoff game at home, and while brady played really well that season and was the reason they got to the playoffs, do the pats reevalute after the season and doubt brady, because at that point obviously all he was, was a 6th round pick who had proven nothing . Maybe they say to themselves that bledsoe still gives them the better chance long term to win, and brady and bb never become a thing, but obviously once u win the superbowl with brady, there is no going back, and it is sure a damn good thing for them at least they didnt go back.

I look at a team like the vikings in a similar way this year. Now granted keenum is 29 years old and has played in other places before this, but the guy is having a phenominal year, but what happens if next week vs the saints or panthers he implodes, do the vikings question themselves and say '' this is why he is case keenum''?

its amazing what could have been. I still would love to see BB go to another team and coach without brady, because i still truly believe in my heart of hearts, that BB wouldnt no be a headcoach today if bledsode never gets knocked out vs the jets. Its hard to fathom that knowing what he has done with brady, but without brady, he had plenty of games coached, 100 exactly prior to the bledsoe injury, and he went 42-58, not exactly a record to write home about.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

Certainty BB has a lot to do with TB success.
His teams are always solid and make few mistakes. This affords a QB a good chance to be successful if they just do their job. And Brady has. But he has also gone above and beyond. Those great teams were in trouble 50 plus time and Brady delivered victory at the end of game. 10 Times in crucial playoff games Brady advanced them toward championships with stellar play to end games. Yes he wins when his good team over powers teams. But he also wins when his team is behind and everything is going wrong. I wouldn’t discount either one.

Let us see the body of work of Tom and Bill away from each other. Bill took Cleveland to the playoffs. Has that been done since? I admit, he wasn't wildly successful other years, but he took Cleveland to the playoffs! Tom without Bill was mostly a backup QB to Drew Henson, he of NFL fame :). I have seen Belichick change out every part of that team besides Brady and win Super Bowls. Can Brady overcome every other player? We do know without Brady, Bill went 11-5 and 4-0 with NE.

We do know without Brady, Bill went 11-5 and 4-0 with NE.

Prior to the 11-5 season they were 16-0. That is a 5 game drop off without Brady. I'd say that is a big difference. Super bowl loss one year, no playoff the next year. We do know that without Tom Brady the Patriots don't make the playoffs. Even with the great BB.

Let us see the body of work of Tom and Bill away from each other. Bill took Cleveland to the playoffs. Has that been done since? I admit, he wasn't wildly successful other years, but he took Cleveland to the playoffs! Tom without Bill was mostly a backup QB to Drew Henson, he of NFL fame :). I have seen Belichick change out every part of that team besides Brady and win Super Bowls. Can Brady overcome every other player? We do know without Brady, Bill went 11-5 and 4-0 with NE.
yes in the 2002 season, 2003 playoffs, the browns made the playoffs with butch davis, and choked the game away in Pittsburgh, with kelly holcomb having a monster game for the browns.

so in 5 seasons, he made the playoffs once, he went 36-44 there, 1-1 in the postseason. nothing to write home about. The thing is, ppl say bb can go to any team and make them successful no matter who is there, and clearly his time in Cleveland showed that's not the case.

No doubt he is a defensive genius, no one can deny his success as a dc, but head coach is a totally different ballgame, and without brady he has not had success.

I can feel hate coursing through you. Tom Brady was never Drew Henson's backup. For half the 1999 season each would play a QTR and the hot hand would finish the 2nd half. Midway through the season Brady outright took over and stopped the shenanigans of splitting time. Tom Brady in college was nicknamed comeback kid his biggest comeback coming against Alabama in the Orange Bowl leading his team down 28-14 in the 3rd QTR...sound familiar.

God do I hate the Patriots. I'm so pissed they get Tennessee this week. I can see it now:

1. Tennessee gets the opening kickoff.
2. Patriots play 8 man fronts.
3. Patriots double Delanie Walker.
4. Titans run twice into the crowded box, 3rd and 8-12
5. Titans look to pass but Walker is doubled, the WR's can't beat Butler/Gilmore and Mariota spied
6. Titans punt
7. 7-0 Patriots.
8. Titans get the ball and run twice into the loaded box, 3rd and 8-12
9. Titans look to pass but Walker is doubled, the WR's can't beat Butler/Gilmore and Mariota spied
10. Titans punt
11. 14-0 Patriots.
12. Titans get the ball and run twice into the loaded box, 3rd and 8-12
13. Titans look to pass but Walker is doubled, the WR's can't beat Butler/Gilmore and Mariota spied
14. Titans punt
15. 21-0 Patriots.
16. Titans realize they need to throw, too late game over.
17. Turnovers start piling up.

41-13 Patriots if Brady plays well.
21 13 Patriots if he doesn't.

God do I hate the Patriots. I'm so pissed they get Tennessee this week. I can see it now:

1. Tennessee gets the opening kickoff.
2. Patriots play 8 man fronts.
3. Patriots double Delanie Walker.
4. Titans run twice into the crowded box, 3rd and 8-12
5. Titans look to pass but Walker is doubled, the WR's can't beat Butler/Gilmore and Mariota spied
6. Titans punt
7. 7-0 Patriots.
8. Titans get the ball and run twice into the loaded box, 3rd and 8-12
9. Titans look to pass but Walker is doubled, the WR's can't beat Butler/Gilmore and Mariota spied
10. Titans punt
11. 14-0 Patriots.
12. Titans get the ball and run twice into the loaded box, 3rd and 8-12
13. Titans look to pass but Walker is doubled, the WR's can't beat Butler/Gilmore and Mariota spied
14. Titans punt
15. 21-0 Patriots.
16. Titans realize they need to throw, too late game over.
17. Turnovers start piling up.

41-13 Patriots if Brady plays well.
21 13 Patriots if he doesn't.

Yeah, this has to be one of the biggest underdogs in the playoffs right? Probably; I haven't checked the numbers, but it feels like it. I would love the Titans to so pull a miracle out of their hat.

Back
Top Bottom