Patriots Vs Chiefs Afc Championship Game | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots Vs Chiefs Afc Championship Game

yup - as much as the Chiefs somehow scored points to keep up I always felt the Pats could score at will & Belichick was one step ahead in the game calling with the Chiefs D reacting rather than effecting the game. They did not adjust in time.

Hoping Wade Phillips can be more creative in his defensive schemes in the Superbowl & initially take away the Pats running game & screen plays forcing them into passing situations.

Of course, this counts for nothing if you can't get to Brady, the Chiefs D hardly put a glove on him! Rams need to follow the old Giants game plan & get pressure on Brady early.
The up the gut pressure like the Giants did is the Rams best chance w Donald and Suh. Brady is way less accurate now at 41 w pressure than he was 10 years ago. Have to get to him - those big guys better show up and be destroyers of worlds.

However, the Rams will have to overcome the Refs and the NFL who will be trying to “right a wrong” that is their appearance in the first place after what happened on the Roby/Lewis play.

This is not much better than WWE - you can see the script and how it’s going to unfold.

Nauseating.

The Patriots didn't even play well. Multiple turnovers and tons of bad penalties. That was a horrible game by their standards. The Chiefs just suck.
And leaving 3 on the field for no good reason. The genius Belichick got greedy when he should have taken a 6 point lead and 20-14 instead of going for it on 4th. Game likely wouldn’t have gone to OT. Agree it was not a great game by Pats standards.

Refs blew this game as well that “roughing the passer” or whatever should have been a non cal and put the pats in I think 3 and long and Hogan’s “catch” should have been incomplete..

The refs blew this game and the other game today plain answers simple.
They blew the Saints season but not this game. Dee Ford blew the game when he decided to shove his head up his rectal cavity.

Andy Reid honestly is a coach that 'can't win big games.' He is great at building a football team, coaching guys up, creating schemes and terminology that can get guys playing at a high level, that sort of thing. He's a great coach when it comes to building a team, honestly one of the best ever.

But I've always felt he's a poor game-day coach. Bad clock and timeout management, weird calls, and a tendency his teams to come unraveled for stretches of the game. I honestly think the Chiefs had a better football team than the Patriots and also had the advantage of playing at home. I think they just got out-coached.

Also, FWIW, I don't think the game was officiated in favor of the Patriots. I honestly don't. I thought Kansas City got away with some horse ****. Some of that horse **** was poetic -- like the touchdown that came on a blatant pick play -- but nonetheless it didn't favor New England.

How many times did they allow Edelman to run that same route across the field? That defense is atrocious.

yup - as much as the Chiefs somehow scored points to keep up I always felt the Pats could score at will & Belichick was one step ahead in the game calling with the Chiefs D reacting rather than effecting the game. They did not adjust in time.

Hoping Wade Phillips can be more creative in his defensive schemes in the Superbowl & initially take away the Pats running game & screen plays forcing them into passing situations.

Of course, this counts for nothing if you can't get to Brady, the Chiefs D hardly put a glove on him! Rams need to follow the old Giants game plan & get pressure on Brady early.

Sadly the Rams secondary and run defense is nearly as bad as the Chiefs secondary. If Suh and Donald can't bring pressure on Brady they look out for a very similiar type of game plan against them.

How many times did they allow Edelman to run that same route across the field? That defense is atrocious.
Almost....Almost made the Dolphin defense look competent. Was looking for Burke or Olividotti on the Chiefs sidelines

That roughing call was some serious horse **** and the Edelman reviewed catch wasn't a catch. Hard to say that it definitely lost them the game though with how bad the d was playing.

Almost....Almost made the Dolphin defense look competent. Was looking for Burke or Olividotti on the Chiefs sidelines

We've never let Edelman run wild like that, beating us with the same route 6 times in a game. As a matter of fact, we're one of the few teams that have held the Patriots to respectable output in Florida.

That roughing call was some serious horse **** and the Edelman reviewed catch wasn't a catch. Hard to say that it definitely lost them the game though with how bad the d was playing.

What's worst is a very similar thing happened to the KC Qb and they didn't call it.

Also, There is no way by league rules that the Edelman muff should have been overturned. There was absolutely nothing in the replays to suggest 100% that he didn't touch the ball.

Flores has been with the Patriots for over a decade....coincidence?

Lol...yes, id say it is. Unless you think the guy who wasn't even calling plays let alone running the defense was the determining factor. I'd say that the fact that Bellichek goes through coordinators like napkins lend credence to the idea it's mostly Bellichek, not his coordinators.

Andy Reid honestly is a coach that 'can't win big games.' He is great at building a football team, coaching guys up, creating schemes and terminology that can get guys playing at a high level, that sort of thing. He's a great coach when it comes to building a team, honestly one of the best ever.

But I've always felt he's a poor game-day coach. Bad clock and timeout management, weird calls, and a tendency his teams to come unraveled for stretches of the game. I honestly think the Chiefs had a better football team than the Patriots and also had the advantage of playing at home. I think they just got out-coached.

Also, FWIW, I don't think the game was officiated in favor of the Patriots. I honestly don't. I thought Kansas City got away with some horse ****. Some of that horse **** was poetic -- like the touchdown that came on a blatant pick play -- but nonetheless it didn't favor New England.

How about Reid using a tiomeout before the half ala Joe Queasy Philbin allowing Pats to go up 14-0. the Pats were content to take it to half had a third down coming and were going to let the clock run. Reid's team had played horribly and were receiving the second half kick off. Instead, he calls a timeout and the Pats go down and score to make it 14-0 at half.

We've never let Edelman run wild like that, beating us with the same route 6 times in a game. As a matter of fact, we're one of the few teams that have held the Patriots to respectable output in Florida.

Our game plan was great, we made Brady beat us with more difficult throws. He did anyway but that's because outside of Howard, who was out, and to some extent McCain our CB's stink. Minkah was shadowing Gordon and honestly playing out of position.

KC impressed me in the 2nd half despite losing. Honestly the 1st half is how I pictured the game going for 4 quarters. I figured Kelce would be deemed almost useless as NE always beats him up and he can't handle it. Seriously, Rob Ninkovich was on WEEI practically laughing at how big of a ***** Travis Kelce is but that's neither here nor there. I figured after seeing Hill the Patriots would do a much better job dealing with him and they did. I also figured Brady and Michel would have their ways with that Chiefs defense as I didn't believe in what I saw from them last week. What impressed me is NE succeeded in making Mahomes go somewhere else and in the 2nd half he did fine with that. Watkins and WIlliams (who I figured would eat anyway) really stepped up and brought the Chiefs back. Whoever won the toss was winning. I admit I didn't think KC would have a shot to be successful if NE took Hill away (I KNEW they would take Kelce away, they always do) and they were.

SB is interesting. As much as I like the Saints and their experience the Payton and Brees led Saints are just another team thet Brady and Belechick own. I know they've at least won the last 2 and last years matchup was an easy Patriots win. As much as I don't like the inexperience of LA its a team that the Hoody has never played before. So he has no experience with the McVeigh led Rams. Hopefully Donald and Suh get a big push to keep Brady off balance, problem is the are week at the LB level so Gronk, white and Edelman will be tough. Gurley better be at 100%, I'll probably still pick NE. The smartest thing you can always do when you are in doubt is pick the damn Patriots.

Back
Top Bottom