Pats D not looking to good | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats D not looking to good

The Pats front 7 depth is much less then last year. Slice it however you want. Losing Long, Ninkovich, and Rookie Rivers (just before the season), and then HIghtower in the game hurts. But in this game lots of their guys are fairly new to the team. They will get better, the questions is, how much. Reid does a great job making guys play every quarter of the field with motion and mismatches, it helped Smith took advantage of it last night. Pats Secondary is still very good but the D-line without good LBs behind it could suffer.

Also not everyone has Berry to shut down Gronk. I also think Gronk shook himself up on the non-TD diving play. He just didn't seem right after that. Hopefully teams can mimick, especially us with Jones, and make Brady hold the ball. No one was really gettting open. 3 receivers out and two new additions who are more about speed then they are about timing routes. Will be interesting to see what the morph into next.

As long as TB is healthy, the Pats will always be the favorites, they (he) has earned that. You're right we have defensive problems too, but I would rather have the LB and secondary concerns that we may have, over the pure lack of talent up front the NE will have to deal with all year long. They better hope they can get Nink out of retirement, they need him, bad. We will have a better defense than NE this year, our scheme being this horrible thing is completely B.S and that idea will too be exposed like NE's D by seasons end. Nobody knows (except for a special few) but Burke may end up being just fine.

Your trippin if you think our defense will be better than the Pats this year. Their scheme is so much better than ours, their secondary is better than ours, if Branch doesn't overachieve and If Harris doesn't show the ability to threaten the edge don't be surprised if we have our own pass rushing problems with Wake being 35.

Also not everyone has Berry to shut down Gronk. I also think Gronk shook himself up on the non-TD diving play. He just didn't seem right after that. Hopefully teams can mimick, especially us with Jones, and make Brady hold the ball. No one was really gettting open. 3 receivers out and two new additions who are more about speed then they are about timing routes. Will be interesting to see what the morph into next.

Berry put the Clamps on Gronk.

Your trippin if you think our defense will be better than the Pats this year. Their scheme is so much better than ours, their secondary is better than ours, if Branch doesn't overachieve and If Harris doesn't show the ability to threaten the edge don't be surprised if we have our own pass rushing problems with Wake being 35.

We'll see... Not a good start for almighty NE though :(

Andre Branch is so underrated lol.

They have Hill, Kelce, and now a promising rookie RB. We have Parker, Stills, Juice, Ajayai etc. Our "skill positions" are much better than theirs and our oline is probably similar.

You must have not been paying attention when they ran the ball.

NE's base is a 3-3 Bear front, so they consistently use 5 DBs. Yes the use Dime as well vs empty but I was stating their tendencies of Cover 1 & 2 not the variations.

Kc was running effectively, very thin upfront, read option was killing them, I don't understand it vs 11 Personnel.

Kc was running effectively, very thin upfront, read option was killing them, I don't understand it vs 11 Personnel.

KC runs a true spread, unlike other teams. The purpose of the 3-3 Bear is the ability to eliminate the NFL's most popular run play - IZ.

It is very effective even vs 11 personnel b/c it prevents G-C-G from being able to release on duece blocks against 2 gap tech DL's and getting to the 2nd level on their MLB who is usually lined up at 0x4 behind the NT.

Motion with tyreek hill presnap across the formation in the backfield the catalyst.

KC runs a true spread, unlike other teams. The purpose of the 3-3 Bear is the ability to eliminate the NFL's most popular run play - IZ.

It is very effective even vs 11 personnel b/c it prevents G-C-G from being able to release on duece blocks and getting to the 2nd level on their MLB who is usually lined up at 0x4 behind the NT.

I see, so KC OL was just too athletic because they definitely got to the second level.

Back
Top Bottom