Pats D not looking to good | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats D not looking to good

I'm content to let the season play out. Wouldn't get too excited over this loss, but it is a good sign. Every dynasty eventually ends.
I never bought in to the notion before the season that the Pats were "loaded" and that their offseason was so good. I think KC, Seattle, Oakland, Pittsburgh, Carolina and Atlanta have more talented rosters (off the top of my head).
Cooks was obviously a good pickup, but I didn't think Allen was an upgrade over Bennett, Ealy was a downgrade over Chris Long (obviously) and Gillisllee IMHO is an average NFL back. Some were talking him up as the second coming of Emmitt Smith.
Ninkovich retired, Edelman is out for the season. They have no upper echelon pass rusher and their LBs are average. They are definitely beatable and a 40 yo QB will eventually show his age, I don't care how he eats or takes care of his body. Happens to EVERY great athlete.
Let's just enjoy the ride and see what the young talent on our Phins are able to do.

I see, so KC OL was just too athletic because they definitely got to the second level.

KC ran some power and traps to take advantage of NE's heavy inside leverage.

Reid has an excellent overall game plan.

Reid looks like a play calling genius for about 12 games a year and usually prior to the two minute warnings. Its why the Chiefs are consistently 11-5/10-6 and get to the playoffs. Then Reid puts on his clown suit. I'd still take him over all but a few other coaches. Alex Smith is still a noodle arm in my opinion, but he makes zero mistakes.

High level chess , The difference between Gase and Reid is clear.

Especially defensively. KC's defensive scheme and personnel is very versatile.

I'll have some extra time this weekend (and hopefully power) and I plan on reviewing KC's defense vs NE.

I'm sure people would also be more interested in that being that they stalled NE's offense.

Reid looks like a play calling genius for about 12 games a year and usually prior to the two minute warnings. Its why the Chiefs are consistently 11-5/10-6 and get to the playoffs. Then Reid puts on his clown suit. I'd still take him over all but a few other coaches. Alex Smith is still a noodle arm in my opinion, but he makes zero mistakes.

That can't really be disputed. He seems to outsmart himself in the latter and crucial parts of the season.

I wonder whether NE will cover up some of their problems on D by ramping up the pace on O. It's risky, but they've done it before. Play fast, score a lot, and force the opposing O to keep up. Not many teams will be able to keep up, I think, and I imagine defenses find it easier to play with a lead.

High level chess , The difference between Gase and Reid is clear.

Do tell what that clear difference is.

Only real difference I see is that oline is much much more athletic than miamis at guard. But they also aren't pre snap and progression read based and Miami puts a premium on anchor in pass pro whereas kc asks the qb to make a lot of primary predetermined throws. Of course a lot of that might be catering to Alex smith although I'm betting when Mahomes starts it's gonna be a similar style. Reid knows how to play to his players strengths.

Adam gase is the only reason this team has a chance with cutler and being saddled with matt Moore.

Yeah I know it's only one year but the way that guy manages the game and hides his oline in pass pro etc is masterful. We won a bunch of tightly contested football games because of that guy.

He hides exposures very well as a play caller. If only we could unleash that damn tempo out of all those looks he gives the opposition and the slight variations.

Red zone play design top shelf.

Anyways do tell.

Last edited:
And if Jesse Davis develops and brendel continues to develop Miami can field a similar athletic oline to kc in 2018 even without pouncey. Only odd fit would be right guard where Asiata while he has good feet is painfully slow on anything other than trap plays.

There's no reason Jesse Davis can't be as good as kcs weak link left guard. Similar athletes.

Brendel doesn't project to be as strong in the hands as Mitch Morse on the pivot but he's still developing strength and an NFL body. He's got the athlete part.

Only real difference I see is that oline is much much more athletic than miamis at guard. But they also aren't pre snap and progression read based and Miami puts a premium on anchor in pass pro whereas kc asks the qb to make a lot of primary predetermined throws. Of course a lot of that might be catering to Alex smith although I'm betting when Mahomes starts it's gonna be a similar style. Reid knows how to play to his players strengths.

Well that would be one of them (those WR screens to Parker are stupid, I definitely understand them on Landry tho, benching Ajayi for Arian Foster, signing Mario Williams, trading for Kiko and Maxwell, overpaying Branching, Limiting Wake, signing Julius Thomas, choosing Vance Joseph, choosing Matt Burke) Gase past moves with the Dolphins show many flaws in not only understanding player strengths but also overall player evaluations, Hard to imagine Reid making these moves. Reid has 6 eastern division titles with the Eagles and has taken the Chiefs to the playoffs 3 times in his 4 seasons with them; I can't believe were comparing Gase with a coach who may end up in the HOF.

Last edited:

Adam gase is the only reason this team has a chance with cutler and being saddled with matt Moore.

I agree with that, saying that Reid has proven himself superior over his career is not saying Gase is a bad coach. Gase has a real schedule this year lets see what he does !

Last edited:

Yeah I know it's only one year but the way that guy manages the game and hides his oline in pass pro etc is masterful. We won a bunch of tightly contested football games because of that guy.

No more beating up on bad teams and barely winning, this will be a much better season to evaluate Gase.

Last edited:
Your trippin if you think our defense will be better than the Pats this year. Their scheme is so much better than ours, their secondary is better than ours, if Branch doesn't overachieve and If Harris doesn't show the ability to threaten the edge don't be surprised if we have our own pass rushing problems with Wake being 35.

This

And if Jesse Davis develops and brendel continues to develop Miami can field a similar athletic oline to kc in 2018 even without pouncey. Only odd fit would be right guard where Asiata while he has good feet is painfully slow on anything other than trap plays.

There's no reason Jesse Davis can't be as good as kcs weak link left guard. Similar athletes.

Brendel doesn't project to be as strong in the hands as Mitch Morse on the pivot but he's still developing strength and an NFL body. He's got the athlete part.

Brendel needs to build muscle mass, I like his anchor tho.

Back
Top Bottom