Pats/Jets/Bills fan impression of Feely move | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats/Jets/Bills fan impression of Feely move

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
The acquisition, I'm not laughing at. The draft choice is a bit high but not outrageous. The contract of 5yrs-$18 million with $5 million signing bonus :rofl:

I'm hearing rumors of a 2 year contract with another 3 years in options. My guess is sure he got the $5 million signing bonus but his first year base is min and his 2nd year isn't higher then $1 million. So really $3 million a year approx isn't exactly huge and or prohibitive to bringing someone else in.

Originally posted by baalworship
If you got Tom Brady for a second rounder, congratulations. Unfortunately, the name I saw on the ticker said AJ Feeley.

We didn't get Tom Brady? Oh, shoot... thank you so much for straightening that out for me.:confused:

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
The acquisition, I'm not laughing at. The draft choice is a bit high but not outrageous. The contract of 5yrs-$18 million with $5 million signing bonus :rofl:

its not as bad as clump will make it out to be. its not all cut and dry like that. at least what we are hearing. its backloaded like fiedlers contract. you know that clump. quit feeding the jackels!:lol:

i think spielman has losman in his sights but if he doesnt draft him in the first, he will go with a QB in later draft picks. Pickett is a guy, and Josh Harris, and maybe some guy you never heard of that will piss alot of people off cus they dont know squat.:lol:

actually what was too much was giving up a first round pick for Bleedslow...now that was way too much!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Originally posted by finfan54
......and maybe some guy you never heard of that will piss alot of people off cus they dont know squat.:lol:

BINGO!!!

"i think spielman has losman in his sights but if he doesnt draft him in the first, he will go with a QB in later draft picks. Pickett is a guy, and Josh Harris, and maybe some guy you never heard of that will piss alot of people off cus they dont know squat."

we ARENT going qb in the first now, i dont care if rivers or losman are there or not. we just gave up a second rounder for a qb, and now the priority is to surround him with talent. think wr or oline, anything else will be a disaster imo! lets surround AJ with an actual offense, and see what the kid can do. whats the worst thing that can happen? we miss the playoffs?

if we draft rivers or losman, and ignore the wr position and oline, you might as well forget about it anyway

Originally posted by Brad528
I like the fact that the Eagles fan is the one who has faith in Feeley. He has had him on his team and he has confidence something that none of us have for Jay after last year. So maybe it wasnt that bad of a trade. I still believe we need to draft a qb sometime in the draft even if it is a late pick on a guy like Josh Harris from Bowling Green.

Well you must love these facts that the Eagle fan didnt tell.Philly's defense won all but 1 of them and that Phillys offense is QB friendly.

Wanny has used his wand.I must :assimilat :assimilat :assimilat

Billy Volek will be this year's Jake Delhomme. The sad thing is the Dolphins give up a high draft pick for a guy that isn't as good as a guy they could have got for FREE in FA. AJ Feeley = Alex Van Pelt. He's a solid backup. Volek really impressed me when he took over for McNair this year. Great arm, poise and mobility. I never saw Feeley do any of the things that Volek did when he got his chance.

What you got to see from Feeley when he played was great accy and poise. He delivered his passes on the money in full stride with great touch. You have to be impressed with his high light reels. However if you are comparing Volek and Feeley, it's a little unfair. Feeley had no pro-bowl WRs to throw 2. We all know what you get from the eagles WR and what you get from the Titans. Gus Ferrott looked pretty darn good backing up Cullpeper. But again, look who he gets to throw 2.

If you got Tom Brady for a second rounder, congratulations. Unfortunately, the name I saw on the ticker said AJ Feeley.

...and who had heard of Tom Brady before Drew got hurt... then promptly benched?
Or ... who had heard of Kurt Warner before Green got hurt?
I'd love to see this post come back and bite you... maybe it won't... but you really don't know that for sure...do you?:rolleyes:

what is a Bills fan running his mouth here for ??

Were they not SWEPT this year by Jay ????

I'm not knocking Feeley for being an unknown backup. Kurt Warner and Tom Brady got their shot when a starter went down. They weren't acquired for a high pick and given a high salary and declared the starter.

All I am saying is that I would be congratulating you guys if you got Billy Volek in FA and gave him a chance to compete. Giving away a 2nd round pick for a 3rd string QB, declaring him the starter and paying the guy $$$$$$$$ is crazy when the guy never did anything. The guy never looked better than Alex Van Pelt. That's the issue. There are tons of QB's with limited arms that make it. I just get why you annointed AJ Feeley as the guy.

you're not a scout.

That's why.

All you know about football is what you see on Sundays.

Back
Top Bottom