Pats = Not so Lucky | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats = Not so Lucky

Originally posted by FinaticalOne

YES your team's been very lucky all year and all non-pats fans are sick of it. You are 10-2, but you damn well know that 6 of those wins (mia, indy, tenn, clev, hou, nyj), you were one play away in each of them from being 4-8. I don't want to hear it, because I've watched the games, and you're team has been extremely lucky this year. I can't wait till we smack those rose-colored glasses off your face this Sunday. :evil: Oh yeah, it's comin' this Sunday.

We got lucky and we should be 4-8, right? Yeah, and we should have been 7-9 in 2001. We weren't, though, were we?

My post is for the my fellow Pats fans mainly.

Why do you guys care if Fins fans give the Pats any respect? Nobody else does. Well, the media are starting to but just like 2001, the Pats are riding the wave of disrespect quite nicely.

I can't blame the Fins fans or other people for hating the Pats. I juts wonder why some of us Pats fans even care about respect. Respect doesn't win Superbowls.

Brady is overrated, the receivers are smurfs, no RB, no name defense. Personally, I like the fact that everyone underestimates the Pats.

Call it luck, I do think that there is something a little different about this team. It's called 'never giving up'.

Originally posted by Bertil
"Heh, the last time Ricky Williams left Gillette Stadium, he was 185 yards richer."

Would that be the day that Adam Vinatieri sent him home with a dagger in his heart by knocking you guys out of the playoffs?

I'm sure that Belichick really cared about that yardage. The score is all that matters in the NFL last time I checked.

You're barking up the wrong tree man. Way out of context. Look at what I was responding to. He said "Ricky leaves the field with help". I'm just dispelling that notion.

Originally posted by Seymour93
My post is for the my fellow Pats fans mainly.

Why do you guys care if Fins fans give the Pats any respect? Nobody else does. Well, the media are starting to but just like 2001, the Pats are riding the wave of disrespect quite nicely.

I can't blame the Fins fans or other people for hating the Pats. I juts wonder why some of us Pats fans even care about respect. Respect doesn't win Superbowls.

Brady is overrated, the receivers are smurfs, no RB, no name defense. Personally, I like the fact that everyone underestimates the Pats.

Call it luck, I do think that there is something a little different about this team. It's called 'never giving up'.
I'm not one of yours but to be 10-2 obviously there is some degree of talent but you know that you are not killing these teams, that you are lucky to walk out with a three point victory. What burns us Dolphins fans is that you guys have sustained so many injurys and have maintained the level of play that has gotten you to 10-2. It is all in the coaching and you guys have a good one.
Still your luck will run out and this sunday is where it will begin. We may not get the division but the playoffs will be where we get get even.

I like some of the intellegence Miami fans show here.

2001 in Miami the Phins win 30-10
In Foxboro the Pats smack the Phins 20-13

2002 in Miami the Phins win 26-13
In Foxboro Pats win 27-24

2003 PATS win IN MIAMI 19-13
In Foxboro.......

You guys lost on your home turf with Jay, Ricky, and the Pats down 10 players to injury

We are 10-2 and 6-0 vs winning teams. You guys are 8-4 and 2-2 vs winning teams.

This Sunday, welcome to Phin fan HELL! :evil: ;)

First, Let me say this: You can't rip on the Pats and call their wins "Cheap" or "Lucky", because we have had our share of Lucky wins too. (Baltimore, Wash.) The New England Patriots are a very Good Team! They have beaten some very good teams, on the road and at home. They rely on good coaching, timely defense and a QB who is very good in the big game. The only real weakness that the Pats have is their lack of a Running Game, and that may hurt them down the stretch and in the Playoffs.
Now, That said, I do believe that Miami comes into this game with some advatages. We are def hot right now, and we def need the game more than the Pats, and we had 3 extra days of rest, while the Pats played a physical, eemotional game yesterday. We have the better Running game, we have the better D. I think we win 27-24, or something like that. But lets be realistic too. the Pats are good, not just Lucky. I would love to smack them and win by 30, but i refuse to post biased unrealistic portrayals of the facts. Dolfans, lets just be happy we are in this spot after being 5-4, and be happy we come into this game with a ton of Momentum.

Originally posted by jjdche

We got lucky and we should be 4-8, right? Yeah, and we should have been 7-9 in 2001. We weren't, though, were we?

No you weren't and the Pats proved anything is possible but to logicaly think that they are as good as their record is crazy.

I was in New Orleans for the Super Bowl and while there were a lot of Pat fans there 90% of the Pat fans I talked to before the game expected to lose. That was being realistic, and I am willing to bet made that win all that more special.

On the opposite side the Rams fans I talked to believed the game was already won before they stepped on the field, guess what they were nowhere to be seen after the game.

That is why I give them credit because the idea is to win the games and then anything can happen, but I will argue the point of talent level. The Pats are not as good as the Titans or Chiefs and maybe not even the Colts.

I say the Fins, Pats and Colts are all pretty close, If The Pats have any edge it is because of coaching.

i think the sad thing here is pats fans have no where to go and hang out ,they have to hang out with phins fans on the best site anywhere..thats what seems to be sad.

Back
Top Bottom