Pats to sign Ward: Ex-Dolphins WR should catch on/Dedric Signs Within The Division | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats to sign Ward: Ex-Dolphins WR should catch on/Dedric Signs Within The Division

PatsWin2002

Bringin' it!
Reaction score
Pats to sign Ward: Ex-Dolphins receiver should catch on

Pats to sign Ward: Ex-Dolphins receiver should catch on

He's not going to make the Patriots' receiving corps any bigger, but Dedric Ward will certainly make it deeper.

The free agent receiver was en route to Boston last night and is expected to sign a contract with the Pats today, according to a source close to Ward. It's believed the seventh-year veteran, who spent the last two years with the Dolphins, will receive a deal at or near the veteran minimum.

The full article:
http://www2.bostonherald.com/sport/patriots/pats05222003.htm

It seems like he is doing the good ole' AFC East tour!

Scrub, one thing is for sure, he won't catch a cold in Boston. Hell, he can't catch aids, from a crack whore.

Well, good for him for finding a new gig. While I dont think he'll add anything new to the receiving corp of the Pats, his talents (or lack of them) may be just the thing to get Brady a new target.

"...Hey Mr. Knight, good news, I hear the Patriots have a new target for you" :D

Does anyone think that Ward will fit into the scheme the Pats have with Brady at the helm?

Originally posted by MarinoFan
Scrub, one thing is for sure, he won't catch a cold in Boston. Hell, he can't catch aids, from a crack whore.

He can only catch if it's extremely late in the 4th quarter, and it's 4th and 14 or the QB has a broken thumb and the ball bounces off a LBs hands and inbetween 3 other defenders.

It's a deadly strain of the "Tony Martin" virus. :)

Originally posted by Muck

He can only catch if it's extremely late in the 4th quarter, and it's 4th and 14 or the QB has a broken thumb and the ball bounces off a LBs hands and inbetween 3 other defenders.

It's a deadly strain of the "Tony Martin" virus. :)

That is a problem for us because most of our games with the Pats are decided late in the 4th quarter. Glad he found a job but not in our division. Damn!

Dedrik Ward just had an off year last year but the year before that he was a factor in the games.He is a solid receiver but he is nothing more than just depth at WR.

I knew you'd all be scared at the news :)

The Pats can continue as they have been, but they should get a big receiver for him at some point.

A big WR and a top-notch RB would serve us well.

Dedric Ward was very effective as a 4th WR in Madden 2003. With his speed, the 4th CB could never cover him on a fly pattern to the end zone.

I will miss him deeply for that reason.

Dedric's good days are over.....of course he might give the Patriots WR's competition though ...:lol:

You'll get a "big" reciever for him? Meaning size or name recognition wise?

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
You'll get a "big" reciever for him? Meaning size or name recognition wise?

I meant size.

Thank goodness T Brown is good, cuz he's not big. The size thing has dogged us offensively since the Terry Glenn days. Terry was always a speedy, deep threat, but not much use in the red zone when all 22 bodies are in a small area.

A big (I guess I mean tall, too) receiver would help a lot.

The Pats can continue as they have been, but they should get a big receiver for him at some point.

A big WR and a top-notch RB would serve us well.

And How exactly do you plan on getting this BIG WR or top notch RB ? Are you saying via trade?I hope not cause that sure as hell won't happen.:lol:

Dedric Signs Within The Division

Patriots | Ward Signed - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 22 May 2003 11:38:41 -0700

Patriots.com reports the New England Patriots have signed free agent WR Dedric Ward (Dolphins). No terms were disclosed.

Offseason nothing new or exciting to report......well untill June!
Go Dolphins!

the pats don't need another smurf at wideout!!! watch him come back and haunt us.

Back
Top Bottom