Pats vs Phins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats vs Phins

Will the Phins beat the Pats this Year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hey dolphandevil....i just moved from New Orleans...well Slidell. Lived up there 2 1/2 years. My wife and I made a bunch of great friends (all dolphin fans believe it or not) at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Slidell. Most have moved back to FL (as we did close to a year ago). Just took the kids up to Mardi Gras a few months ago to see some friends and have a great time......notice my avatar.....New Orleans VooDoo :)

DolphinDevil28 said:
That is correct, you have been the best team in sports the past 4 years.

Now, you have to admit...You are a little bit unnerved that the Bill Belechick clone is now coaching the Miami Dolphins.

...and we have put together a GREAT coaching staff.

...and we had a GREAT draft.

...am I right???

Hey, whatdoyaknow! Thanks for the honest props. Much respect.

Yeah, in theory, you guys are finally back on track. IMHO, I think Saban is the real deal. But until he does it, it is just specualtion. I'd wait til I started the bragging.. :D

As for the draft, nothing and no one is a boom or bust until we can evaluate them in about 2 to 3 years. Though, again IMHO, Ronnie is going to be awesome.

jbond said:
notice my avatar.....New Orleans VooDoo

Oh, believe me, I noticed.

In fact, I was going to ask you...are you gonna be there for the October 30th game when our Fins kick the Saint's @sses in the 'Dome???

I sure will be. Maybe we can meet up for a few beers before the game.

jbond said:
If you want to go against history (regular season)

MIAMI 45, NEW ENGLAND 32

I could look through history and find many examples you wouldn't like to remember either....

The only thing you have is your 3 SBs in the last 4 years....which I admit is one hell of an accomplishment but imho...

SB 1 - "tuck rule" shouldn't have been there
SB 2 - I have no idea how the pats managed to pull off a victory in the closing minutes of every game (with the lowest win pt total of any SB team ever)....oh that's right...they didn't win most of them....the other team gave the game away....no dominance whatsoever
SB 3 - last year....I must admit you all kicked some serious a$$ all year, led from first tr to 4th qtr and dominated just about everyone. Well done and much deserved.

Point being....to think it's ridiculous that we don't win at least 1 game this year against you.....well is just ridiculous.....

well the tuck rule is still there and its been called the same way since that game a few times....
the other teams gave it the games away?????
lol ok sure, the pats play teams and wait for them to falter down the stretch, teams dont give it away they just cant finish the job and the pats ( brady is 7-0 in ot ) pull it out in the clutch....

i said earlier the 2 teams will split this year, home wins for each team...
pats will eb 13-3 losing to denver and jets also...

Dirtywater said:
Yeah, in theory, you guys are finally back on track. IMHO, I think Saban is the real deal. But until he does it, it is just specualtion. I'd wait til I started the bragging..

As for the draft, nothing and no one is a boom or bust until we can evaluate them in about 2 to 3 years. Though, again IMHO, Ronnie is going to be awesome.

You are right.

However, I go to LSU. I've seen Saban up close and personal.

HE IS THE $HIT.

Trust me, this guy is gonna be a TOP FIVE coach in the NFL. Maybe even this year.

That ain't my homerism talking either. Because, if we would have hired, say, a Mike Nolan or a Brad Childress, for example, I would not have been so optimistic.

Saban is as smart, if not smarter than Bilecheck himself. It's gonna be beautiful in the future.

jbond said:
If you want to go against history (regular season)

MIAMI 45, NEW ENGLAND 32

I could look through history and find many examples you wouldn't like to remember either....

The only thing you have is your 3 SBs in the last 4 years....which I admit is one hell of an accomplishment but imho...

SB 1 - "tuck rule" shouldn't have been there
SB 2 - I have no idea how the pats managed to pull off a victory in the closing minutes of every game (with the lowest win pt total of any SB team ever)....oh that's right...they didn't win most of them....the other team gave the game away....no dominance whatsoever
SB 3 - last year....I must admit you all kicked some serious a$$ all year, led from first tr to 4th qtr and dominated just about everyone. Well done and much deserved.

Point being....to think it's ridiculous that we don't win at least 1 game this year against you.....well is just ridiculous.....

Yet another classic. Tuck rule was called correctly. Regardless of jealous fans who only see through homer-colored glasses.

As for being dominant, I could care less. My family & friends got to experience one hell of a ride and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Losers make excuses, and that is what you're doing. You're better than that, but alas...

It has become oh-so-fashionable-and-trendy to bash the Patriots. Ho-Hum.

I guess the Raiders didn't have more than one 4th down to stop us. I guess that's why we beat an awesome Pitt team in Pitt. I guess that's why we kicked the Greatest Show On Turf in the teeth in footballk's biggest game.

You see, the Fins I remember were all business. Didn't need to put others down with words and whining cause they were too busy winning on the field themselves. That's where my respect for them comes from. This current crop with their crybaby fans has really been interesting to watch.

Anyway, talking trash is notmy thing. It's just the kids who cry "Tuck Rule" without knowing that it was called correctly that make me laugh. Not only that, but the Raiders had more chances to stop us than the Fins have traded draft picks for useless RBs.

Fair enough.....on the one season we just have differing views. No hard feelings. btw...i think you'll take Denver.....

Dirtywater said:
Yet another classic. Tuck rule was called correctly. Regardless of jealous fans who only see through homer-colored glasses.

...as much as I HATE to admit it, yes, the tuck rule was called correctly.

It sucks, I know, but it was the right call.

DolphinDevil28 said:
You are right.

However, I go to LSU. I've seen Saban up close and personal.

HE IS THE $HIT.

Trust me, this guy is gonna be a TOP FIVE coach in the NFL. Maybe even this year.

That ain't my homerism talking either. Because, if we would have hired, say, a Mike Nolan or a Brad Childress, for example, I would not have been so optimistic.

Saban is as smart, if not smarter than Bilecheck himself. It's gonna be beautiful in the future.

Nice. I hope he finally brings you guys some joy. All the losing is turning you guys into lesser fans. ALmost Colt-like. Yikes.

Let me ask you a question in all seriousness:

Because the bar is set very high for Saban coming in, especially by the fans, how many years without a Super Bowl victory until he is fired or turned on by fans.

That question is not to say he won't win, but winning isn't guaranteed because you are an awesome coach. You guys could win it for all I know for the next 10 years. But, hypothetically, if he doesn't, what is the timeline?

Dirtywater said:
This current crop with their crybaby fans has really been interesting to watch.

You don't reside in New England anymore, so I'll give you a pass on that one. But you don't want me to go there with Patriot fans.

DolphinDevil28 said:
...as much as I HATE to admit it, yes, the tuck rule was called correctly.

It sucks, I know, but it was the right call.

Look, we may root for different teams, but I respect you BIG-TIME. It takes a lot to admit what goes against what you should root for & say.

It's fans like you that make these discussions great because we can talk football outside of what we want personally. Much respect.

The timeline i guess would be the extent of his contract and depending on improvement.

stan marino said:
The timeline i guess would be the extent of his contract and depending on improvement.

Fair enough, but I want answers. Say he hovers around .500 or better. Makes the playoffs, but doesn't win it all. Almost like Cowher.

FaninPatsyLand said:
You don't reside in New England anymore, so I'll give you a pass on that one. But you don't want me to go there with Patriot fans.

This is not a put down to you, but you are 19. I remember Miami as one of the best and proudest organizations. Their fans I interacted with didn't stoop to these low tactics. It comes with losing. You guys were once the $hit.

Not everyone is bad now, but a Colt-like fanbase has been developing. A bit odd from my end.

Back
Top Bottom