Paul | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Paul

Athleticism means different things to different people. I don't think Paul's balance and feet are very good. He has decent straight line explosiveness. I think Paul is a decent 1st level zone blocker. Houston ran an RPO, spread, air raidy offense. He's an ideal fit for Miami's quick release passing game. He's not as ideal for the wide zone, but can get it done, I think.
good post

Athleticism for me is specific to the position and sport we’re talking about

Coordinated movement relative to the positions responsibilities. That’s true athleticism not like that Gesicki stuff that was fake.

I don’t see precise movement with the player in the run game and I see some poor hand placement, but I’ll be damn he gets his job done a lot in pass protection.

Needs to learn to attack the spot before the rusher gets into his chest, can get bull rushed because of how tall he is and how upright he plays. So there’s where the athletic changes need to happen.

Terron armstead will teach him how to beat his man to a spot.. and hopefully Barry will teach him how to play lower.

Chop is going to have to play right away. Phillips and Chubb aren’t going to be a 100% for awhile (and Chubb won’t be here much longer).

Paul will likely be playing at the end of the season when TA is hurt and we are lucky we have him going into the playoffs.

What more did you want?
You asked for it. - LOL
I'm just going to sit back and laugh at this "missile launch". - LOL

I think this makes sense to me now. McD can scheme open lanes in the run game. He needs someone who keeps Tua's jersey clean, and by all accounts Paul can do that very well. Still a bit of a reach, but if he's legit for the next 4 years then so be it

Yeah just not buying the reach. Don’t see how the guy who’s 1 and 2 last two years for pass blocking can be a reach in the mid to late 2nd. Yeah his run blocking needs some work as does his technique but to be 1 and 2 just winging it on athleticism and drive is crazy. Year behind armstead with Butch Barry coaching him up and this dude will be an all pro in no time.

Back
Top Bottom