Paul | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Paul

They were comparable. They just weren’t nearly the need. WTF would we have drafted a WR for?

Tell me that’s why you’re mad? Because you wanted a WR at 21?
I neither wanted a CB or a WR. Personally I was hoping for a match of bpa and ol. I guess they didn't like Barton, I didn't love him either but preferred him to chop. But failing all of that I would have gone bpa, and it seems to me there were much much better prospects than chop available at wr and especially CB, where the #1 CB on the board was still there at 21. I also don't know how many times Grier and the dolphins have said you can never have enough cbs. Good news we have a scoreboard now, we will see how these other guys do vs chop

Appears we view pff grade very highly. Chop was the 3rd and 4th ranked pass rusher last two years and Paul was the 1st and 2nd graded pass blocker in the nation last two years
I think this makes sense to me now. McD can scheme open lanes in the run game. He needs someone who keeps Tua's jersey clean, and by all accounts Paul can do that very well. Still a bit of a reach, but if he's legit for the next 4 years then so be it

Here is one quote about him. Paul has intriguing tools, but he's a developmental prospect, making him a reach at this point in the draft!
Who gives a ****
It means nothing
I’ll judge his play on the NFL field
Good grief

Paul was PFfs # 1 rated pass protector and # 2 in 2022

Kid deserves the chance to show he can play or not.

Every player deserves that opp before people start carrying on about how they hate him..

I see his weaknesses on film, I don’t like the way he run blocks atm, but he’s a lot stronger than I thought, he battles in pass protection because he doesn’t have the best hand placement, but his Athletic/Ras score is elite and he wants to learn

Hope he learns the techniques and hand usage that the good ones have.

no mention in 10 pages of discussion about his athleticism as a fit in Miami's zone runblocking scheme? Was Houston predominantly zone blocking?
Athleticism means different things to different people. I don't think Paul's balance and feet are very good. He has decent straight line explosiveness. I think Paul is a decent 1st level zone blocker. Houston ran an RPO, spread, air raidy offense. He's an ideal fit for Miami's quick release passing game. He's not as ideal for the wide zone, but can get it done, I think.

Back
Top Bottom