Paul | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Paul

Just curious why he dropped with those good numbers. What did they say he needs to improve?
He really has a lot of strengths - huge, a giant among giants, LOOONG arms, very strong, tough, with a mean streak and lots of fight, tremendous hard punch, lot's of starting experience, and by most accounts a high football IQ.

He needs to improve his technique, despite his experience and smarts (kinda weird, and a bit alarming) -hand placement is wide, and all over the place. I think he's top heavy and lumbering with average at best feet. Almost the opposite of AJack's pros and cons on draft day - he was a dancing bear with great feet, but lacked strength and experience.

Macys Parade Corn GIF by The 96th Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade

Drafting Paul 55th is way less of a “reach” than drafting Jackson 18th was. I have no issue taking a project LT with his measurables and college experience. He has improved every year and had a solid season moving to a FBS team last year. He was phenomenal in the Senior Bowl practices. The main downside to the pick is he has zero positional flexibility. He is a LT and will more than likely back Armstead up. Would be wild to move a 6’8” guy with 36.25” arms inside.

So when ..and I say WHEN our LT Armstead gets injured he's going in? Our 2nd round LT that nobody has heard of that's as polished as sandpaper can plug in? Not happening really is it. 2nd round picks when you dont have many picks and your OL needs depth does not want words like 'project' banded about especially at Tackle.
Wish Paul well of course. Got my backing 100% but that pick was so unexpected its asking to be questioned imo.
We have a perfectly capable backup in Lamm.

First off I’m not Grier’s (or Ross’s) biggest fan but he’s well above average in terms of drafting.

Iggy and Tindall prove nothing other than the law of averages.
In retrospect, do you think the prospects available at wr and CB at pick 21 were better prospects than chop, leaving theoretical positional need out of the question?

Here is one quote about him. Paul has intriguing tools, but he's a developmental prospect, making him a reach at this point in the draft!
So I guess if you believe every jackass that has a quote about a player nobody would get picked until the 5th round. Get the f out of here with your qoutes

Top heavy. Skinny legs.

1714188970387.jpeg

Not too excited. Don't like that profile in an Oline guy. Thick legs are a good quality in all linemen. Skinny legs, not so much.

Hope I'm wrong. Seems like he would be susceptible to being pushed around if you hit him from the side. Just an observation.

Well. Let's hope for the best.

Last edited:
The main downside to the pick is he has zero positional flexibility. He is a LT and will more than likely back Armstead up. Would be wild to move a 6’8” guy with 36.25” arms inside.
This is a false narrative that I see spreading throughout fin heaven. Grier has already stated he can play both tackle positions and he can easily play guard if needed

I'll take it...we needed OL. My only trepidation comes from his level of competition in college. Against better teams, his play was significantly less effective. Everybody he goes against in the NFL is better than the best he played against.

Work your magic Butch (with an assist from Terron)!

"My grandpa was the president of Nigeria and was assassinated"

BRO WHAT

Back
Top Bottom