Paul | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Paul

The dude is bust-proof. His brother is in the NFL. He's educated, charismatic, and motivated. He wants to be the president of Nigeria when he retires and will likely do big things for football ambassadorship in that country.

I pay very little to college football these days, but this dude seems cool.

At a football level, all the scouts say his run blocking needs improvement but there seems to be 0 clips of Houston running the ball. Well duh. He's probably not a good kicker either.

ahh easy. i will stick with the first pick only because it is simpler.
i would have taken one of the CBs or WRs. not psyched about drafting at those positions either, but i think there were several CB and WR prospects available at #21 who were better prospects than Chop at edge, frankly by a fair bit too. ready to play and contribute now as well, also lower risk because they produced in college in addition to having the measurables.
i think if i remember correctly we could have had the first CB off the board - ergo the best CB in the draft, at 21. the eagles, who are very good drafters, took a CB at 22
#21 and #55 who would you take?

I don’t like the pick because people are saying he’s no good or he just shouldn’t have been picked at this point in the draft. I’ve never seen him play but I’m going with these people who yap on the internet.

4. PATRICK PAUL, HOUSTON: 1.9%

Paul finished the 2023 season as the best pass-blocking tackle in the FBS, leading the position in pass-block grading (91.5) and true pass-set grading (89.8). He surrendered only one sack and one quarterback hit across 470 pass-blocking snaps.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-draft-ranking-the-top-offensive-tackles-in-pressure-rate
I think Eich had similar pass block stats at ND....and the concern i have with Paul is the same as Eich. The lower half looked a little stiff/awkward on tape. They handled college rushers well but i just prefer tackles more matural and fluid from the waist down. We all look at and value traits differently.

Suamataia may not have had the same stats and some lapses with his hands, but in terms of smoothness and movement, i prefer his more in a projection against NFL edge guys.

Chop is going to have to play right away. Phillips and Chubb aren’t going to be a 100% for awhile (and Chubb won’t be here much longer).

Paul will likely be playing at the end of the season when TA is hurt and we are lucky we have him going into the playoffs.

What more did you want?
can’t make everyone happy 🤷🏼‍♂️

I think Eich had similar pass block stats at ND....and the concern i have with Paul is the same as Eich. The lower half looked a little stiff/awkward on tape. They handled college rushers well but i just prefer tackles more matural and fluid from the waist down. We all look at and value traits differently.

Suamataia may not have had the same stats and some lapses with his hands, but in terms of smoothness and movement, i prefer his more in a projection against NFL edge guys.
Good point - I don't know much about Paul at all….he's huge though, and I hope that he can be coached up.

I hated Eich, but it appears that some coaching is working on him…he appears to have improved.

I think

I was referring to actual players. So we can see how it plays out. Just for fun of c

I think

I was referring to actual players. So we can see how it plays out. Just for fun of course 😉
yes well sadly i never did my homework on CB or WR because I didnt think we would be drafting one. i expected OL, or d-line, as most did. having said that, just guessing, if you want to pin me down i would have to defer to the CB the eggles took at 22. first cb off the board. eggles are generally good drafters. drafted into a good situation. the interesting thing is fangio is now the dc there. will the kid be able to figure out the fangio d, and will fangio let him on the field? that will give us some, but not full insight, into what went on with cam smith and fangio here. was it cam, who couldnt figure it out, or was it fangio?

Back
Top Bottom