Paul | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Paul

well we can agree to disagree. you seem to put more value on measurables than i do. i lean toward production in addition to the measurables, especially in the first two rounds. i think grier is more in your camp. remember iggy and channing tindall, for example, had all the measurables too. i think this year it was especially important to have guys ready to contribute now. repeating my answer to another question, just as an example, with our first pick, i would have taken one of the CBs or WRs. not psyched about drafting at those positions either as opposed to OL there, but i think there were several CB and WR prospects available at #21 who were better prospects than Chop at edge, frankly by a fair bit too. ready to play and contribute now as well, also lower risk because they produced in college in addition to having the measurables. i think if i remember correctly we could have had the first CB off the board - ergo the best CB in the draft, at 21. the eagles, who are very good drafters, took a CB at 22. anyway we will see how it all turns out. even though i do not like the picks, they have now been made, and i want them to work.

First off I’m not Grier’s (or Ross’s) biggest fan but he’s well above average in terms of drafting.

Iggy and Tindall prove nothing other than the law of averages.

yes well sadly i never did my homework on CB or WR because I didnt think we would be drafting one. i expected OL, or d-line, as most did. having said that, just guessing, if you want to pin me down i would have to defer to the CB the eggles took at 22. first cb off the board. eggles are generally good drafters. drafted into a good situation. the interesting thing is fangio is now the dc there. will the kid be able to figure out the fangio d, and will fangio let him on the field? that will give us some, but not full insight, into what went on with cam smith and fangio here. was it cam, who couldnt figure it out, or was it fangio?
Gotcha

Patrick Paul since 2022:

1,036 pass-blocking snaps

27 QB pressures allowed

2 sacks allowed

I like the pick. He should start multiple games the way our line gets injured
Have you seen a breakdown of 2022 vs 2023?

He played in the AAC in 2022, so not the best edge talent.

yes well sadly i never did my homework on CB or WR because I didnt think we would be drafting one. i expected OL, or d-line, as most did. having said that, just guessing, if you want to pin me down i would have to defer to the CB the eggles took at 22. first cb off the board. eggles are generally good drafters. drafted into a good situation. the interesting thing is fangio is now the dc there. will the kid be able to figure out the fangio d, and will fangio let him on the field? that will give us some, but not full insight, into what went on with cam smith and fangio here. was it cam, who couldnt figure it out, or was it fangio?
Thought it would easy since you already know who was taken in those rounds.

Idk that much about him he was 132 on the ESPN board. The lowest player taken so far by about 60 picks or so
I could be mistaken but when the dolphins went on the clock, ESPN was showing a list of best available players and Paul was in the top 10 and the top OT. Might have been Kiper"s list.

Have you seen a breakdown of 2022 vs 2023?

He played in the AAC in 2022, so not the best edge talent.
I have not watched his tape but those are good numbers and he has good measurables. Bottom line is we need help on the oline. He’ll learn behind Armstead and play when Armstead gets hurt. Also, you can slide any tackle to guard if needed. Solid pick imo

I think Eich had similar pass block stats at ND....and the concern i have with Paul is the same as Eich. The lower half looked a little stiff/awkward on tape. They handled college rushers well but i just prefer tackles more matural and fluid from the waist down. We all look at and value traits differently.

Suamataia may not have had the same stats and some lapses with his hands, but in terms of smoothness and movement, i prefer his more in a projection against NFL edge guys.

Eich graded in the 20’s for pass blocking, this dude was 1 and 2 in the nation, not very comparable.

I have not watched his tape but those are good numbers and he has good measurables. Bottom line is we need help on the oline. He’ll learn behind Armstead and play when Armstead gets hurt. Also, you can slide any tackle to guard if needed. Solid pick imo
I don't see him as a guard in any capacity.

Eich graded in the 20’s for pass blocking, this dude was 1 and 2 in the nation, not very comparable.
"In the 33 games and 1,283 pass plays since that game, Eichenberg didn't allow a single sack and only gave up four quarterback hits (according to Pro Football Focus)."

I meant the sack stats, like the reference above. He didn't give up a sack his last 2 seasons.

Back
Top Bottom