Pauline: Browns & Fins lining up a deal if Elliot available at pick 8 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pauline: Browns & Fins lining up a deal if Elliot available at pick 8

Didn't see this anywhere on here so just passing it along. Really like Zeke plus we got 2 starters. I know if we do it there will be a lot of mad fans/media since we originally had the pick. I guess it depends on what we give up to get him. Regardless we added 3 starters if we have to give up a 3rd pick that may not start I'm good with it. http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football/ Pauline goes as far to say the Browns and Dolphins are lining up a deal if Elliott is in place. It would be amusing, as the Dolphins once owned the No. 8 pick but traded to 13 to add huge veteran contracts. Elliott could be drafted as early as No. 4 or as late as No. 14.
Wonder if that rumor came from the Browns?

Cleveland would be doing this exactly right. Collect a butt load of picks this year, tank and get Watson next year. I would 1000% on board if the Phins did this.

Im sure Miami has a few deals with teams above them, esp if certain players fall

This must be historic... Has any team ever traded back and then back up to the same draft slot in NFL draft history?

2Oj6Ao4v0QN32.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
No way Cleveland does this without a pick this year. Value chart says it's a high 3rd rounder or 68th pick. We have 72nd so we still have to make up 25 points which would be our 186th. (still owe 8 pts).

they will gladly take your high 3...of course if bosa is there and maybe jack you could have a lot of competition for that 8 pick...jack depending on other teams medical outlook...bosa cause he flat shouldn't be on the board at 8 no matter what draft class it was

As others have previously said, if they give up a 3rd to move up to 8 and take Jack, Elliot, Bosa or Buckner (or if in some dream Tunsil falls), they would have basically traded a third round pick for Alonso and Maxwell (and stayed at 8). Without considering the salary issue that goes along with taking on Maxwell, and if we are talking solely talent, I can be optimistic and believe that Maxwell and Alonso will be more productive than the third round pick. I think most on here can agree, considering our needs and accomplishing obtaining two day one starters in place of a third round pick rookie who will probably be garbage if the Dolphins draft history is any indication. It's a calculated risk based on the past success and injury concerns of the two players. If they return healthy and work in our schemes they make the defense much better, immediately.

Again, optimistic view. Not sure where I'm building up optimism from. You'd think the years of being a Dolphins fan would've beaten that out of me by now.

You all freak out over anything :bobdole:

Everything is a "rumor" until tomorrow night.

You all freak out over anything :bobdole:

Everything is a "rumor" until tomorrow night.

bro its finheaven.....i think the disclaimer when you sign up uses words like irrational argumentative and insane

TBung has Draft Day on loop. Dude thinks it's a real thing, not a Hollywood entertainment piece.

Zeke's a guy that would start day 1 and probably be pretty good but when you're defense is as bad as ours... I think trading more picks to move up doesn't jive with the whole 'we're not one player away' line.
Better to trade back and stock up the defense and get the best RB available in R3-4. Having the best RB on the planet is no good if the D can't get off the field.

I still would do the trade again. Picking up a starting corner and Middle linebacker while only dropping 5 spots certainly makes up for the drop in draft prospect value.

I still think they want Jack to fall to them.

I believe you are correct on both accounts Csonk!!

Would make sense two of the worst franchises in the past 15 years would fight it out to move up in the first for a running back.

Back
Top Bottom