Penn State Ex-Coach, Others Charged in Child Sex Case | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Penn State Ex-Coach, Others Charged in Child Sex Case

Recruiting has to take a hit too. Who would want to play for a school who's reputation, "Linebacker U" was built upon a guy who used his power to rape kids?

Paul Posluzny must feel jipped.

well Poz wasn't ever coached by Sandusky nor were Connor, Bowman, or Lee. All PSU people that have come out and have said they are embarrassed of how the University handled everything, but they all do have support of JoePa.

And recruiting will take a hit but not because of Sandusky. When the story broke over the weekend I was at the PSU B-Ball scrimmage and there were recruits there. They pretty much said that as long as PSU isn't hit with sanctions they don't care about the Sandusky trial. BUT, the fact that pretty much the entire staff will probably be let go (including guys who recruit the kids in Larry Johnson Sr, Galen Hall, Mike McQuery, and Tom Bradley) kids will decommit because they don't know what's going to happen.

That's the thing. I don't care about the law. When does common sense and morality come into play? The GA, the janitor, and Paterno are directly responsible for every kid that got sexually abused after their incidents. They could have stopped it right then and there, and hopefully when they hear the graphic details, they'll live with a guilty conscience the rest of their lives. We all know why this happened, the GA, the Janitor, even Paterno, didn't bring this to the proper authorities because they might lose their job over it. And they probably would have, especially when seeing the higher ups go to such lengths to cover up, including lying under oath. It's all pathetic to me.

Thats one of the things that blows my mind about this case. In a case this sickening and stomach wrenching, the people that originally covered it up are still caught lying. At what point are these people going to realize that saving their collective ***** is not important. At all. Even remotely.

well JoePa was willing to answer any and all questions about the scandal before the school president cancelled the PC without telling JoePa. JoePa's son is supposedly setting up a PC off-campus for JoePa

Toxic.

The only thing that makes it worse is the university funding the legal counsel for the perpetrators and enablers of these crimes against humanity at the worst possible level.

The more details that come out the more unbelievable it is.

Yea I can't believe that **** myself.

Hey dude you never know..He may leave.

I don't see why he would. Penn State is going to be in the cellar for a long time because of this. The top DE in the nation, Noah Spence, out of Harrisburg took Penn State completely off his list, tweeting about how nasty this **** was. He won't be the only one. And that's not the worst of it either. Parents. They damn sure won't let their kids attend Penn State after this.

yea old white peterass. always get caught. jo pa is just as guilty by association.

jesus-1.jpg

8 year old girls, dude.

Urban Meyer has his pick of the litter. Ohio State is the most appealing available job in the country. I still say he sits it out for another year but there's no way he takes the Penn State job over Ohio State. Penn State is going to suffer for a few years at least because of this scandal.

I don't know. Seems like it'd be a shocking thing for anyone to just walk in on, plus he was like 22 or 23? I can see it happening. It's easy to sit here and play MMQB, and call a kid a "gutless *******" from the anonymity of a computer screen, but no one's ever been in that position on here before (that I know of).

He was a kid. He probably freaked out. He told his dad, who told Paterno. Why Paterno or the AD didn't do anything, I still have no idea.

Couldn't disagree more. I'd have no issues calling that guy a gutless ***** because that's exactly what he is. Everyone involved here, from Paterno down the line should be forced to sit in a room with the victims and their families and explain at which point exactly they all lost their balls and basic human decency to not escalate to the authorities.

Not to pick on the graduate student or anything, but at 23 you're no longer a kid, you're a grown man(or at least you should be). I'm sure if I walked into a situation like that, calling daddy for advice on what to do would be way down the list. Any decent human being at that point would confront Sandusky, or at the very least have the cops on the line at the drop of a hat.

Couldn't disagree more. I'd have no issues calling that guy a gutless ***** because that's exactly what he is. Everyone involved here, from Paterno down the line should be forced to sit in a room with the victims and their families and explain at which point exactly they all lost their balls and basic human decency to not escalate to the authorities.

Not to pick on the graduate student or anything, but at 23 you're no longer a kid, you're a grown man(or at least you should be). I'm sure if I walked into a situation like that, calling daddy for advice on what to do would be way down the list. Any decent human being at that point would confront Sandusky, or at the very least have the cops on the line at the drop of a hat.

Couldnt agree more. Its not like Sandusky was some hard *** dude either. Hes an old rich guy that is in a shower with no weapons. If you see something like that happening and have the physical ability to do something about it and dont, youre being a coward. Dial 911, then break that garbage up with the quickness. Sandusky was probably too much of a ***** to even resist. Think about it...he preys on defenseless people. He has balls of crepe paper.

That's the thing. I don't care about the law. When does common sense and morality come into play? The GA, the janitor, and Paterno are directly responsible for every kid that got sexually abused after their incidents. They could have stopped it right then and there, and hopefully when they hear the graphic details, they'll live with a guilty conscience the rest of their lives. We all know why this happened, the GA, the Janitor, even Paterno, didn't bring this to the proper authorities because they might lose their job over it. And they probably would have, especially when seeing the higher ups go to such lengths to cover up, including lying under oath. It's all pathetic to me.

I agree about all the low-level guys being afraid of whistle-blower retribution. Still not an excuse, but I can see that angle. Paterno though? If he saw this through like he should have and not looked the other way as recently as a few weeks ago, his job would be safe. What wouldn't be safe is that precious Penn State image that he had built(which is now obviously all BS). Only question now is was he protecting that image or protecting a friend. Both are despicable.

Couldnt agree more. Its not like Sandusky was some hard *** dude either. Hes an old rich guy that is in a shower with no weapons. If you see something like that happening and have the physical ability to do something about it and dont, youre being a coward. Dial 911, then break that garbage up with the quickness. Sandusky was probably too much of a ***** to even resist. Think about it...he preys on defenseless people. He has balls of crepe paper.

Trust me, when you get caught banging something, the last thing you're thinking about at that exact moment is defending yourself. Usually you're trying to put your clothes back on and figure out an escape plan.

Perfect opportunity to deck that dude in his teeth. But what does McQueery do...

an25af-1.gif

It's absolutely crazy. But it gets better. Here's a quote from the father:

""He's a good kid and a tough kid," John said standing on the front porch of his State College home late Tuesday afternoon. "He did what he was supposed to do, and all of this has been very hard on him. Everything from this and about this (case) has been difficult for him, but he's a strong person and will be OK."

Poor little McQueary, it's been so hard on him, and he's a tough kid to boot, who wasn't tough the one time in his life where he absolutely needed to be. That's what we all want to see, tears for the now WR coach and recruiting coordinator McQueary(jee I wonder why he got these positions) who's going through so much agony :rolleyes2:

Is it me or is everyone involved with this completely and totally off their rocker? How did he do what he was supposed to do? I couldn't even imagine calling my father and telling him I just witnessed a 10 year old being raped and did nothing about it. I'd be too embarrassed to even call myself a man anymore. These guys see nothing wrong with that apparently. Totally crazy.

Urban Meyer has his pick of the litter. Ohio State is the most appealing available job in the country. I still say he sits it out for another year but there's no way he takes the Penn State job over Ohio State. Penn State is going to suffer for a few years at least because of this scandal.
I think you will be surprised than to how attractive the Penn State job is. Urban Meyer might have his pick of the litter but word up here is that he wants the PSU job badly. So much that he reportedly just bought land miles outside campus.

Will this "scandal" have an impact against the football team? Sure it will. Will it be as dramatic as some are portraying the situation? Absolutely not. I find it absolutely ridiculous how much time the media and people in general are focusing on Paterno. They are staked outside his house and calling for his head. Maybe it will cost him his job before the season is over, and if so that would be an extreme shame. Last I checked, Sandusky is the monster, why aren't they outside his house? Or the AD's house, or even the college President's house. I will tell you why, because if the media can help take down perhaps the biggest name in college football history it makes a great story.

Also, as I have said before this is not a football story, it is an administration story. That is a big reason why it will not impact the football team for "years" as some have been quick to jump to. If it is impacting the football team, it will also impact the basketball team, the hockey team, baseball team, etc. It is not connected to the football team really at all. Sandusky was NOT a school employee when it first came to light.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you will be surprised than to how attractive the Penn State job is. Urban Meyer might have his pick of the litter but word up here is that he wants the PSU job badly. So much that he reportedly just bought land miles outside campus.

Will this "scandal" have an impact against the football team? Sure it will. Will it be as dramatic as some are portraying the situation? Absolutely not. I find it absolutely ridiculous how much time the media and people in general are focusing on Paterno. They are staked outside his house and calling for his head. Maybe it will cost him his job before the season is over, and if so that would be an extreme shame. Last I checked, Sandusky is the monster, why aren't they outside his house? Or the AD's house, or even the college President's house. I will tell you why, because if the media can help take down perhaps the biggest name in college football history it makes a great story.

Also, as I have said before this is not a football story, it is an administration story. That is a big reason why it will not impact the football team for "years" as some have been quick to jump to. If it is impacting the football team, it will also impact the basketball team, the hockey team, baseball team, etc. It is not connected to the football team really at all. Sandusky was NOT a school employee when it first came to light.

Heard that same story about him buying land in Columbus.

Seriously.

Back
Top Bottom