Pep Hamilton for OC | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pep Hamilton for OC

Yeah the **** was weird, they would string together a good series play calling wise and then completely change it up the next series with some bullshit.

Idk if it was because I was high or if they were trying out a bunch of different things for TEN and the Patsies but jesusssss.

I agree with you re George Godsey. However, I wouldn't bet on the O-line coach getting fired. Is it a matter of coaching or wrong personnel or option 3, all of the above? Some of the players drafted have talent and have shown improvement. Maybe Coach Flo and the joint Offensive Coordinators will conclude that Lemuel Jeanpierre still has potential as a coach.
BTW - I don't share your confidence in Charlie Frye as the QB Coach.
Good thoughts. It’s hard for fans to truly know about the assistants. I’ve had the sense that Frye clicks with Tua but it’s obviously just an impression from the outside. Regarding the O line coach, we can see the results and four of the five are ranked very poorly. We have seen other O line coaches develop a coherent unit with players with far less pedigrees. Our guy doesn’t really have the resume yet and it was a leap of faith that backfired. The results just haven’t been there. IMO, of course.

Pep Hamilton would be an inspired choice. What he's doing now with Davis Mills is both great and a problem for Houston.

On one hand it looks like they have their QB and can greatly leverage their high draft picks.

OTOH, it might devalue what they get for Watson and his empty gaudy numbers as an unheralded and very rusty rookie also without to work with has won 2 out of Houston's last 3.

I think we should keep the same OC we got. We need more playmaker for any OC to succeed and better OL..Tua seem to be getting better in this offense..run same offense would benefit everybody..
Sorry but I totally disagree. They need a new OC with a new offensive system. One that will emphasize more deep passing and better creativity. This offense doesn't make enough explosive plays.

Last edited:
Sorry but I totally disagree. They need a new OC with a new offensive system. One that will emphasize more deep passing and better creativity. This offense doesn't make enough explosive plays. We got lot slow wr compare too other team..stick too what Tua does best..

I personally don’t think Flores should get another dip into the OC. Every OC that has been fired has been his choice. That is pretty damning if you ask me.
I'm sure that you would rather see Flores be gone, while he hasn't had much success against Buffalo the rest of the league has noticed.

For offensive line coach, I’d be very intrigued by Kevin Mawae. Was a smart and phenomenal player and has been as assistant O line coach for Indianapolis.

Indy probably has the most dominant O line in football but they have a very good O line coach. How do I know? They had four starters out and still played credibly. They adjusted to being shorthanded. So Mawae is getting good experience.

So much of offensive line play is technique and mental. If the D line runs stunts or games, you have to pick up the right guy. You need good balance, etc. Technicians can play well. Our staff isn’t teaching properly. Our guys are still not picking up the right guys this late in the season. You see a guy like Austin Jackson with terrible balance. Maybe some of this can be fixed.

I can hear her now..... " OK fellas, just stick your disgusting tongue out at 'em ....... every play. Stick it in their earhole, jab their eyeball, steal their towel with it! Whatever it takes!" Did I mention I love hillbilly skeezers?
Also, don't forget to go in like a Wrecking Ball when running the ball.

I personally don’t think Flores should get another dip into the OC. Every OC that has been fired has been his choice. That is pretty damning if you ask me.
I agree here. Though as a HC, Flores is probably one of the best young Coaches in the NFL, but he does not have the connections or idea what to do as far as coaches.n

Sorry but I totally disagree. They need a new OC with a new offensive system. One that will emphasize more deep passing and better creativity. This offense doesn't make enough explosive plays.
The O scheme and the player acquisition has been designed with Tua in mind. Now, some of the acquisitions on o line (and RB) haven’t panned out, but I don’t think you can argue with the blueprint.

Back
Top Bottom