Per Tony Pauline: Dolphins Targetting Qb Justin Herbert In Draft | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Per Tony Pauline: Dolphins Targetting Qb Justin Herbert In Draft

His throwing motion? There's nothing wrong with his throwing motion. It's over the top, no hitches, holds the ball high... it's near flawless.

Nope definitely not flawless 1.Has an elongated throwing motion, dips the ball and rears it back 2. Throwing motion is not in sync with the firing of his hips,release point happens before hips come through,his power comes from arm and wrist which is probably why he doesn't have consistent velocity on his throws. He doesn't always have an over the top motion, does sidearm throws sometimes especially when his hips is not pointing at the target.

Nope definitely not flawless 1.Has an elongated throwing motion, dips the ball and rears it back 2. Throwing motion is not in sync with the firing of his hips,release point happens before hips come through,his power comes from arm and wrist which is probably why he doesn't have consistent velocity on his throws. He doesn't always have an over the top motion, does sidearm throws sometimes especially when his hips is not pointing at the target.

Very good, spot on. He's good - but he's not perfect.

I'm never a proponent of tweaking a quarterback's delivery once I've decided I'd spend a draft pick on him. It's too late.

However, I'd coach him on his arm slotting. It can become much more consistent with reps. Herbert hasn't played much football yet. I think people forget that.

I'm never a proponent of tweaking a quarterback's delivery once I've decided I'd spend a draft pick on him. It's too late.

However, I'd coach him on his arm slotting. It can become much more consistent with reps. Herbert hasn't played much football yet. I think people forget that.

Agreed, He does have a high ceiling due his youth and his limited amount of snaps.

That's the thing that makes this class so rough. The best talents should all return to school.

Apperantly the Miami Dolphins had a very large contingent of scouts and personnel types at the Oregon/Arizona State game last night. This is according to Tony Pauline. He again is claiming Miami is enamoured with Herbert?

That said, if the school isnt giving them the proper instruction they are just reinforcing bad habits. :(

I think Herbert just needs more experience. I don't see a lot of terrible habits, as much as I see a guy who would benefit from seeing more D's and getting more live reps. Haskins should be jumping rope every day. While he doesn't have a rocket arm, I think he's shown enough versatility as a passer to like his chances in that regard. He'd also benefit from more reps, but I think he's a more natural/instinctive passer. The hope is that with training his quickness and agility, and getting more reps, his mind and feet will both speed up. Book has looked good, but his sample size is too small, and he needs to come back and show that he can continue to develop and play well when he's the guy going in.

I think Herbert just needs more experience. I don't see a lot of terrible habits, as much as I see a guy who would benefit from seeing more D's and getting more live reps. Haskins should be jumping rope every day. While he doesn't have a rocket arm, I think he's shown enough versatility as a passer to like his chances in that regard. He'd also benefit from more reps, but I think he's a more natural/instinctive passer. The hope is that with training his quickness and agility, and getting more reps, his mind and feet will both speed up. Book has looked good, but his sample size is too small, and he needs to come back and show that he can continue to develop and play well when he's the guy going in.

Bingo on Haskins. It appears to me his core strength is awful which makes what he’s doing all the more impressive.

Haskins was definitely on my mind when I made that statement!

Sorry, I dont see him developing any further under Urban Meyer. Just my slightly biased opinion....lol

Haskins was definitely on my mind when I made that statement!

Sorry, I dont see him developing any further under Urban Meyer. Just my slightly biased opinion....lol

Legit concern imo. Not sure why a guy with his skillset would choose Ohio State, but I'm not familiar with his backstory.

Meyer does next to zero quarterback development at Ohio State. It’s all Ryan Day who is very good.

Good to know.

I mean, Haskins is perfect for what Urban likes to do on offense, my question is, is that his ceiling?

This is a big game coming up and I'm going to put alot of weight on that as to how I feel about both QBs in that game.

Good to know.

I mean, Haskins is perfect for what Urban likes to do on offense, my question is, is that his ceiling?

This is a big game coming up and I'm going to put alot of weight on that as to how I feel about both QBs in that game.

You know something weird is going on in Columbus. Haskins really isn’t perfect for Urban’s offense. He’s not the athlete some think he is. Martel , who will start next year is perfect for Urban’s offense. But what’s really odd is their prize recruit , QB Jack Miller, 2020 is strictly a pro style passer. But then they just got another QB commit, 2020, who is the # 8 dual threat QB.

Back
Top Bottom