Perception vs. Reality | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Perception vs. Reality

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Once again you fail to address the question - What are your expectations?

How often should the Dolphins make the playoffs? Advance to the SB? win the SB?

I don't have any misconceptions. I know they missed the playoffs the last two years. I also know that they make the playoffs more regularly than most teams. That is reality too.

And you still miss the point of the original post.....

What is your point? Regardless of my expectations, it does not excuse the perfomances of this team in the last 5 years. Ask Tampa bay if going 10-6 under Dungy was acceptable? Ask Tampa Bay if winning the title the next year after getting a real coach made more sense? At least get to the damn championship game once in twenty years.

JackHammer said:
Look, if your happy with getting to second round twice every 10 years then getting bounced more power to you. If your happy going to the playoffs and getting bounced in the first round most of the time in the last ten years more power to you. If your happy telling other fans that it is not realistic to win titles.....then more power to you. I am not that type of fan. I believed the Marlins could win a world series. You can have your 10-6 first round exit if that makes you happy. With that acceptance, Wanny would have happy hour with you every friday. I wnt results and being a fan of the Dolphins lately has produced no results.

Are you just trying to be an a$$hole? Did I ever express my expectations? I asked what your expectations were.

BTW your list of team advancing past the second round is wrong. The Cardinals advanced to the second round, not past. And that was the only year they made the playoffs in the last TWENTY ONE YEARS. AND their record was 9-7 which equals Miami's worst record since 1997. And they have only advanced to the playoffs 6 times in 83 years.

Do you have any other brilliant comparisons you'd like to make? Apparently your acceptance of the Cardinals performance should make you positively giddy about the Fins.

JackHammer said:
Look, if your happy with getting to second round twice every 10 years then getting bounced more power to you. If your happy going to the playoffs and getting bounced in the first round most of the time in the last ten years more power to you. If your happy telling other fans that it is not realistic to win titles.....then more power to you. I am not that type of fan. I believed the Marlins could win a world series. You can have your 10-6 first round exit if that makes you happy. With that acceptance, Wanny would have happy hour with you every friday. I wnt results and being a fan of the Dolphins lately has produced no results.

What do the Marlins have to do with anything? Who doesn't want results? you are making the assumption that looking forward to next season is forgiving all of the sins of the past.

however what is the point of wanting results? What can you do? Nothing, you are completely powerless to do anything. You can either complain about every move or look forward to the season and hope for the best. I for one, am not a miserable person who is looking forward to failure and complaining.

JackHammer said:
Can you say idiotic statement? I guess when Wanny gets fired and tries to get a new job as a waterboy in the NFLE he can tell the owner that he should be judged on what he is wearing that day, had for lunch that day, what he thinks he can do in the future. With your logic, not one NFL coach would have a resume to be hired on because "you cant live in the past" How else is anything judged?

Owner: Hi Dave
Dave: I want the job
Owner: What type of record do you have as a head coach?
Dave: Dont live in the past
Apparently you aren't very good at putting two and two together. I guess I'll have to explain what I was talking about.

Your previous post pointed to all kinds of occurences that have happened in the past as an indication of what the future holds. While this MAY be an indication of what the future will bring it is far from providing PROOF of what's in store for this season.

Constantly referring to the past in an effort to support your narrow minded view of things is indeed living in the past.

pigskinguy said:
Great post. I agree with everything you said.......except the QB thing.......if Feeley can't win the job and we have to go back to Feidler, well, :lastyr: :escape:

I disagree, if Jay wins the job, Feely is a much better backup than Griese was last year and if Jay loses the battle, he will be a great backup. So we are still better off at QB than last year.

Great post, I agree with your evaluations. Its good to have some people on here that can form a realistic opinion without buying into all the media hype and BS.

AZPHINFAN75 said:
I disagree, if Jay wins the job, Feely is a much better backup than Griese was last year and if Jay loses the battle, he will be a great backup. So we are still better off at QB than last year.

Only if Feeley wins the starters job.

Feeley will win the job. supposedly he is getting better with each camp. As he learns the players and offense, he will become a quality starter.

With the exception of the mild, petulant spitting contest, this is an excellent thread. Well thought out, reasoned arguments. Limited knee jerk reactionary comments. Agreeing to disagree. This is the kind of thread, I come to Finheaven for.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
BTW your list of team advancing past the second round is wrong. The Cardinals advanced to the second round, not past.

Very good. I also haven't seen the Chiefs advance past the second round since January 1994.

Ohiophinphan said:
With the exception of the mild, petulant spitting contest, this is an excellent thread. Well thought out, reasoned arguments. Limited knee jerk reactionary comments. Agreeing to disagree. This is the kind of thread, I come to Finheaven for.

BRAVO!!!!

I absolutely love reading the debates...shows intelligence and maturity :up:

I can't stand the rock throwing... shows pettiness and childishness :down:

I really wish that we could move past the OC issue!

January 26, 2004

The Miami Dolphins today promoted running backs coach Joel Collier to offensive coordinator, while the team also named Marc Trestman as assistant head coach/quarterbacks and Jerry Sullivan as wide receivers coach.

IT ALL HAPPENED ON THE SAME DAY

WharfRat said:
BRAVO!!!!

I absolutely love reading the debates...shows intelligence and maturity :up:

I can't stand the rock throwing... shows pettiness and childishness :down:

The point of the original thread was to show that the turmoil surrounding the Fins this offseason was not that unusual. Coaching changes, roster turnover, FO moves happen every single year. Somehow in DolphinLand they are signs of impending doom.

Unforturnately the extreme negativity by some has made me trigger happy in response to rants. Especially those that are off topic.

Back
Top Bottom