Pete Prisco's view of the 2010 Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pete Prisco's view of the 2010 Dolphins

LB, WR, FS, NT

ILB-Crowder and Draft, F.O
OLB-Wake with experience, Taylor or Porter, Draft or F.A
WR-Production went way up, camarillo back healthy, Draft or F.A
FS-Clemons
NT-Solia, Ferg, Mcdaniel-with a rotation Ferg will be good

In other words, in F.A and the Draft we need to find 3 players that can come in and produce. If you assume 2 out of your first 4 draft picks can help, and you add 1 or 2 free agents were in much improved shape. This with the growth our CBs will have (WITH ALLEN BACK), Girbil gone (alot of our pass issues), better TE coverage with ilb, younger at olb. We were near the top of the league in sacks this year. Improving coverage and getting a young olb should help this further.

As far as offense goes. Broken feet are not a torn knee. Ronnie will be back and fine. Like Ricky his body has not had the beating a normal 28 yr old back has had. Ricky and Lex will pitch in with Lex getting more into the act, also lets not forget Cobbs. We found a probowl FB. Hartline,bess, and cam have proven to be effective without a solid threat. Most likely we will get a solid #2 which will help, but if we get lucky and get a #1 watch out. Oline came together after a tough start and will be healthy, Fasano came along after a shaky start and if we can improve on haynos so be it, if not he doesnt kill us. Oh and lets not forget Henne despite the ints, got better and was a rookie. Once he learns consistency and how to focus throughout the game he will be a top 10 qb in this league.

I feel we all underestimate the losses in personnel this year. That being said we still had a chance and to fold these last 2 weeks like we did is unexcusable. But with Allen back our CBs will be one of the best groups in the league. With Ferg taking a lesser role but contributing our Dline will even be better and besides him be very young. A rookie QB who did not go through camp with the required reps a starter needs. And our probowl RB back healthy (atleast until he gets hurt again) the team will automatically be better. With 3 contributing additions at the mentioned weak spots, combined with girbil leaving....we will be 4 wins better.

This being said I too am a realist and am looking at this objectively. I think we will have pains, but with an easier schedual and improved team, anything less than 11-5 or 10-6 is a dissapointment. We do have holes. But holes that are transparent to everyone and holes at key positions that magnify them to those around them. Plug them with capable above avg players and everyone around them gets better, because they can worry about their job alone and not bailing people out.

I think we'll be around .500 next season again. This team needs to fill a ton of holes and it just doesn't happen in one season. Patience I guess.
No, we only have a few holes to fill. The holes we do have are glaring weaknesses. Teams attack the same problem areas. We need a S, ILB and WR. We fill those needs and we win most of our games.

The fact that we have numerous positions that could stand an upgrade does NOT mean we need to plug every hole to make it to the playoffs next year. The Patriots will likely win the division this year with a very flawed team.

We do need to identify and fix our critical vulnerabilities, primarily which I would say is the inability of our defense to cover the middle of the field. Whatever it takes--a safety, middle linebackers, a better pass rush, or a new defensive coordinator--we need to address it aggressively. Our defense simply does not function with the current combination of scheme and personnel.

A weapon on offense that can create a mismatch downfield would be the next priority, I would say. Be that a #1 WR, a TE, CJ Spiller, whatever.

And so on. In the salary-cap era, a team does not need to be stacked from top to bottom.

This being said obviously gettin another option than clemons or getting younger at other positions is something that can be done in the draft. The reason people think clemons is a better option than girbil is girbil has been Historically bad. A Clemons, rookie platoon at FS can NOT be worse IMO. You can also find good safetys deep in drafts.

You need multiple LBs, better receivers (plural), and a nosetackle as well. You make it seem like we need 2-3 players.

I think he is correct on 2-3 players. If they are the right players. It's called progression, its what happens when a young guy goes from his first year in the NFL to his second, or even second to third. We have lots of young players and it would be foolish to count out the fact that they should get better.
Demeco Ryans/Brandon Marshall/OLB in draft that can cover in space
there's three that would make us quite a bit better i believe.

Whats the deal with Culver? I know this yr he has been mainly used at SS but last year, He was nice playing the nickle/dime safety. He seems to be a steady player. Almost like Y.B. when he first started.

How we do next year will really depend on how Henne does. You take Peyton Manning from the Colts and they look like a 5 win team. We obv need to improve the WR, LB, S as everyone says but if we had Peyton on this team this year with all these flaws and injuries we would still be a 12 win team.

your smokin rock no way we go 500 next year

OR.... you're smoking the rock thinking we;ll do anything different!!!

NO ONE knows what kind of talent the Dolphins will be able to bring in next year.. That is not until next year... So to predict what we will be able to do next year, based on our current roster and current unknowns is pretty crazy if you ask me..

I thought all dolphin fans hate Petre prisco b/c he has picked against you in the past- now he knows what he is talking about?

by the way, I agree w/ him. I think us and Miami will be 1-2 in the div next year.

This is Season 3!!! Hopefully Henne takes a huge step and we get a GREAT ILB (If we get DeMeco Ryans I mite just cry). I think a GREAT ILB will do wonders for the team. Plug Clemons at FS, cut GERBIL, get 2 ILBs, a WR, and a NT within the first 4 rounds, get o-line depth in later rounds to develop, our OLBs are good enough I think that we can wait and snag one late in the draft. (Wake, Porter, Taylor, and Anderson) Remember it takes 3 to 4 years for OLBs to become impact players. I think with all that we become more competitive. And the jury is still out on Pat Turner (Remeber Miles Austin did not play year 1, 5 catches year 2, 13 catches year 3, and broke out year 4). We should be a playoff team next year or else **** could hit the fan.

This made me think of Cushing and Matthews..... and i thought those guys were sooo overrated. WOW, was i wrong. I sure hope the OLB that Tuna Inc. has been waiting for is coming out this year !

I thought all dolphin fans hate Petre prisco b/c he has picked against you in the past- now he knows what he is talking about?

by the way, I agree w/ him. I think us and Miami will be 1-2 in the div next year.
I agree. The Jets already have one of the best defenses in the NFL. Your O-line is great and your WR's are looking up, although you could use an upgrade there. Sanchez should be a lot better next year. I don't understand why Ryan started Sanchez this year though. All you guys needed was a game manager (Like Penny) with a better arm. Your running game and D would win you games. You should have won a lot more games than you did.

ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and
he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away...

psssst! Is he gone yet?
:foundout:

Next is the RB's... Will Ronnie Brown come back? If so, will he be anything close to what he was?? Remember... this is his 2nd leg injury.. Ricky Williams.. He's getting old and seems to be too far into yoga and alternative living to really take football seriously.. and if Ronnie Brown doesnt/cant come back.. That leaves us with Lex Luther.. I mean Hillard to step up..

What's the basis for this comment. Seems to me Ricky's been giving his all on the field and laying low off the field. He looks pretty serious when he's lowering his shoulder or hurdling a dude to pick up those few extra yards. What more do you want from a fella?

...Don't fear what you don't understand sir.

I agree.

If anything positive can come out of the meltdown to end this season it's that we'll get a draft pick in the top 15 (hopefully on the high end) and a third place schedule considering that GARBAGE football team from New York has lept ahead of us in the standings.

Plus that would be year 3 of Parcells plan. Whatever the hell plan he has.

ROFL. No doubt.

Back
Top Bottom