Peter King: No playoffs for Miami, Bills-Rams Super Bowl | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King: No playoffs for Miami, Bills-Rams Super Bowl

No Ravens, Pats, 49ers or Cowboys for me.

1. Cheifs
2. Browns
3. Bills
4. Titans
5. Dolphins
6. Chargers
7. Steelers

1. Packers
2. Buccaneers
3. Seahawks
4. Redskins
5. Saints
6. Rams
7. Cardinals

Last edited:
This is what makes the NFL so much fun. Sure there are favorites, but since anything can happen, we really never know. I am excited to see how well we prepare, adjust, and handle situational football. It's a grind. Even if we don't make the playoffs, this is a good year to establish ourselves. The window has just opened.

Personally I think Miami is a better team than the Chargers. Maybe even Baltimore too.
And what has possibly happened in the last five to 15 years that would make you think we're better than Baltimore? They literally beat us by 40 whenever we play and they don't look like they're going to fall off this year. Most have them easily in the playoffs.

“I’m picking a Rams-Bills Super Bowl. Obvious rejoinder: What’s wrong with Kansas City and Tampa Bay? You had them ranked 1-2 in the spring. The answer is, Nothing.

I really liked the Bills and Rams when I went to their camps. I think it’s Buffalo’s breakthrough year, and I think Matthew Stafford gives the Rams the kind of offensive confidence and explosiveness they haven’t had since we all thought Jared Goff was The Answer, in early 2018. More about each in a moment, and some explanations.

Here’s how I see the pennant races, with the wild cards asterisked and teams not in the playoffs last year marked with a # sign:

AFC Seeds
1 Buffalo
2 Kansas City
3 Tennessee
4 Cleveland
5 New England*#
6 L.A. Chargers*#
7 Baltimore*

Wild Card: Kansas City over Baltimore, Chargers over Tennessee, New England over Cleveland.
Divisional: Buffalo over L.A. Chargers, Kansas City over New England.
Conference: Buffalo 27, Kansas City 25.

NFC Seeds
1 Tampa Bay
2 Green Bay
3 L.A. Rams
4 Dallas#
5 San Francisco*#
6 New Orleans*
7 Seattle*

Wild Card: Green Bay over Seattle, L.A. Rams over New Orleans, San Francisco over Dallas.
Divisional: Tampa Bay over San Francisco, L.A. Rams over Green Bay.
Conference: L.A. Rams 30, Tampa Bay 27.

Super Bowl LVI, at Los Angeles, Feb. 13, 2022: L.A. Rams 33, Buffalo 24.”

I saw "Mr. Suspenders" when he made a televised presentation of an event occurring in the desert. As I recall he was in his shirt sleeves. When the sun went down it got pretty cool, which is typical of most deserts, due to lack of temperature stability from day to night because of a lack of water. This is common knowledge.

"Mr. Suspenders" was surprised and had to get a sweater. He then remarked that deserts were known to get hot and he was surprised when he found he needed a sweater after dark.

I no longer pay "Mr. Suspenders" any attention and he clearly has not improved much in his general knowledge of anything!

And what has possibly happened in the last five to 15 years that would make you think we're better than Baltimore? They literally beat us by 40 whenever we play and they don't look like they're going to fall off this year. Most have them easily in the playoffs.
Overstated,
Under brained,
Gives knowledgeable fans,
Lots of pain - LOL

I think the bills are getting overhyped. Don't get me wrong, they'll be good, but they won't be this world beater the media is making them out to be. NE is in the same boat IMO. 8-9 or 9-8 is where I see them.

With Tua taking a step and the D being what it is this squad will probably be around on wild card weekend. Next year though, next year is when we see all these high draft picks with experience in the same system and with each other. That should be a team who can make a playoff run.

I’ve been meaning to do this for awhile so here goes. I’m not going to go out on a limb, or put my house up for collateral, and I’ll probably get bashed by the so-called “realists,” but anyone who sleeps on Flo and this team are making a big mistake. We obviously have to beat the teams we’re supposed to beat, like the Pats this weekend, but if we can get through the early part of our schedule the rest is set up for a playoff run.

I think the D will be better and deeper than last year, and except for a couple of indispensable key players like X, Ogbah and Baker we can overcome an injury. Our secondary is elite. Our D line is very deep and should be able to get pressure without all the blitzing. If Jaelan Phillips lives up to his potential this year, teams won’t be able to double Ogbah and Wilkins and Phillips will be a nightmare to opposing QBs.

I think we have an elite Special Teams unit and they will be the difference in many close games this year. We have an All Pro kicker, an All Pro returner and a punter who should be a huge improvement over last year. IMO huge advantage for this young team.

Offensively it’s a more complicated. It’s definitely Tua-time. Obviously I’m unabashedly a Tua supporter and I really believe he takes a huge leap in his play and decision-making and shows all of us why he is the generational prospect many thought he was before the injuries. The kid is a great leader, great example and a flat out winner— underestimate him at your own peril. His WR CORPS (not CORE), if they can stay healthy, is one of the best and deepest in the league. We have elite size, speed and quickness all over the field and also an elite receiving TE.

The glaringly obvious complication arises on the oline where we have shuffled around four returnees and a newbee at OC. Nowhere is chemistry more apparent than the oline—it’s more important than talent. We saw glimpses in the preseason that they were coming together, and If they can gel that answers a huge question. We will know how much they’ve progressed in game one vs a stout D. The other complication is our RBs. I think we have some talent there, but no matter how good they are they cannot run through holes that aren’t there. See the oline.

So basically my take is that everything hinges on the oline. I am not a “realist,” I’m a “pragmatist.” I don’t use emotion to determine what I believe. I use data and experience to formulate my beliefs. I am also a student of the game, and especially the Miami Dolphins. I’ve been a fan of this team for FIFTY-FIVE years, from game one in the OB to now, and I have literally seen it all—in person. For that reason I feel that I’m uniquely qualified to say that I know a good team when I see one. I feel the oline will gel just enough and be able to protect Tua and open up just enough holes to keep defenses honest. I think Flo is the best coach we’ve had since 1984, when JJ walked the sidelines, and maybe even better—dare I say since Shula? I also think we will make the playoffs as a WC and Flo will be in the running for COY. It all starts Sunday afternoon at 4:00 pm. Just my two cents. Let’s go Miami!!!

I remember Peter King picking the Dolphins team that Saban quit on to win the Superbowl. He's as clueless as they come. The Buccaneers pick was more like the old "broken clock" line. I am surprised that he didn't have the Flores led Dolphins in the playoffs, he usually loves anything related to New England

We have been outpaced by Buffalo in the past few years.
Blame Ross for this! Tony Sparano (RIP) had a fairly decent tough, physical team. But, they usually settled for FGs rather than TDs because Ireland failed at getting above average talent at the offensive skill positions, thus keeping them out of the playoffs (with the exception of the first year of the WildCat). When Ross replaced Sparano with Philbin, it began the change on this team from "tough and physical" to "finesse" (read as the opposite of tough and physical). This change greatly affected the play of the o-line, the running game, and the ability to stop the run. As for proof of this, Tannehill is a good example. He's had some success (and looked like a better QB) behind a "real" o-line with a good running game; things he never had in Miami!

If Ross had made a better choice than Philbin and Tannenbaum, there's a good chance that the Fins could have ended New England's dominance of the Division, possibly forcing Brady into changing teams or retiring years ago. Miami always played them tough (pre-Philbin); they just needed more talent to score more points. Instead, the hiring of Philbin and then Gase sent Miami further and further down the toilet while Buffalo slowly improved year after year. Flores appears to be a good choice and it seems that they're heading in the right direction. But, if Miami doesn't take a huge leap forward after Grier had all of those high draft picks, then Grier is the current problem and needs to go!

Back
Top Bottom