Peter King on Hickey and Tannehill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King on Hickey and Tannehill

Joe Rose is pretty much the only guy left listening to on Miami radio for actual sports talk.

Le Batard is very entertaining but he'll probably be the first to tell you he doesn't actually know anything about sports.

Joe Rose is pretty much the only guy left listening to on Miami radio for actual sports talk.

Le Batard is very entertaining but he'll probably be the first to tell you he doesn't actually know anything about sports.

I like Joe Rose also. He actually can have a pretty intelligent conversation and not go for the headline grabbing rants. Even when things are going bad and there is a lot of negativity in the news he seems to take a more calm approach to it. Not saying he sugarcoats or is always positive, but he doesn't just rant and have an apparent agenda.

Nice post! The Dolphins stuff starts at about the 5:20 mark. He absolutely loves Tannehill......

Me too Nubs. I listened to this earlier today and after Peter promoting his new site it was very good. They were talking about have beers at Colgate U. so I'm guessing they both have sons that were in school there.
Really liked Kings comments on Tannehill. Hope he is right on.

The only local radio shows really worth listening to anymore are Joe Rose, LeBatard and Kup & Crowder. I used to like the morning show with Hochman and Zaslow, but since Hochman left it isn't worth listening to. Zaslow is annoying by himself and he talks way too much Heat for my liking. I think Hochman's drivetime show on WQAM (when his non-compete ends with 790) will be pretty good. I like Hochman's sense of humor.

I like Le Batard because he's bizarre, funny, and basically the black hole of sports radio. He can be quite obnoxious but I like how they call out the typical sports radio guys about certain sports topics being overanalyzed ad naseum, as well as their self-deprecating humor.

Big O used to be my fave down here but lately I feel like he's kind of gone for the attention-grabbing negativity rather than the insightful opinions that I heard from him several years ago.

uh oh.

peter king is PRO hickey!!

but, hes also pro tannehill.

what will the haters do now? this is a MAJOR dilemma!! :lol:

Wow, I really like Tannehill and have a lot of confidence that he will continue to improve over the next few seasons. I can't believe he said he is one of the best QB's sin the league. Right now, no way, a few seasons from now when Brady and Manning and Breeze are gone, probably will be true.

I love Joe and the sports brothers later on in the afternoon on 560 aren't bad either.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Big O is the best thing on radio. He tells it like it is and doesn't sugarcoat anything

The biggest hack on TV or radio.

uh oh.

peter king is PRO hickey!!

but, hes also pro tannehill.

what will the haters do now? this is a MAJOR dilemma!! :lol:

Actually, not once did King say he was PRO Hickey... He actually said he didn't know him and never met him. What he DID say is that he deserves a chance. That is all. That is certainly no major endorsement on Hickey.

He was Pro Tannehill though, and I agree with him there.

I like Le Batard because he's bizarre, funny, and basically the black hole of sports radio. He can be quite obnoxious but I like how they call out the typical sports radio guys about certain sports topics being overanalyzed ad naseum, as well as their self-deprecating humor.

Big O used to be my fave down here but lately I feel like he's kind of gone for the attention-grabbing negativity rather than the insightful opinions that I heard from him several years ago.
When Big O gave a platform to a the guy that declared a decade of losing because they hired Hickey, I lost a lot of respect for him. Not only did Big O allow that guy on, he actually agreed with him and pushed the negative agenda.

I love Joe and the sports brothers later on in the afternoon on 560 aren't bad either.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

The biggest hack on TV or radio.

Sports Brothers are OK but they're up against tough competition.

Back
Top Bottom