Peter King on Hickey and Tannehill | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King on Hickey and Tannehill

I know it's nuts, but outside the dark void that is Finheaven, Tannehill is viewed as quite the young up and coming QB by quite a few people. Crazy, right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, what about Peter King is it that he's not one of the "brightest bulbs"? What has he analyzed that made you feel that way?
Curious because a lot of posters on this board are very quick to bury ever journalist who has an opinion and accuse them of being "hacks, idiots, not a bright bulb"
he has a pretty good gig for years having an opinion on matters regarding the NFL

Peter King is a decent writer, but he has his alliances with the New York wind vanes. He gets a scoop now and then. I don't mind reading his stories.
I don't always agree with them, but thats the way it goes.

When Big O gave a platform to a the guy that declared a decade of losing because they hired Hickey, I lost a lot of respect for him. Not only did Big O allow that guy on, he actually agreed with him and pushed the negative agenda.
I heard that show and I couldn't stop laughing. I'm sorry but that guy sounded clueless. Big O also thinks he is a Draft expert, but I don't pay any attention to what he says about it.

Tannehill had zero running game, even literally in a few games, and a abhorred o-line devastated by scandal and lack of talent. And he still managed to lead the team just shy of the playoffs. In time this will be more appreciated.

Well you know you`re stats aren't always money, unless you still believe Bess is a playmaker...
The point is the rigor with which one insists on support of a viewpoint. When it's good news, we take it as-is. When it's bad news, we have to find any and every way of discrediting the information.

And I do still believe Bess was a playmaker in 2012, by the way. :)

I know it's nuts, but outside the dark void that is Finheaven, Tannehill is viewed as quite the young up and coming QB by quite a few people. Crazy, right!

When he is honestly compared with the rest of his class, and then factoring in the condition of the team, staff and organization, he cannot be criticized much.
Over half of the teams in the NFL would take year 2 RT over what they have right now. Plus he is still improving.

I think if you started a poll here, you'd find that the overwhelming majority of the forum believes Tannehill to be an up-and-coming QB. You actually think there's a consensus bias against Tannehill here? :unsure:

So, what about Peter King is it that he's not one of the "brightest bulbs"? What has he analyzed that made you feel that way?
Curious because a lot of posters on this board are very quick to bury ever journalist who has an opinion and accuse them of being "hacks, idiots, not a bright bulb"
he has a pretty good gig for years having an opinion on matters regarding the NFL

Oh, Peter King doesn't know much football. He does, however, know a lot of football people, and he can write well when he wants to. He's worth listening to only so that you can take the "temperature" around the league.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Wow, I really like Tannehill and have a lot of confidence that he will continue to improve over the next few seasons. I can't believe he said he is one of the best QB's sin the league. Right now, no way, a few seasons from now when Brady and Manning and Breeze are gone, probably will be true.

He didn't say he was one of the best QBs in the league. He mentioned Pioli said he was turning into one of the best QBs in the league. Which is worth a lot more, IMO.

The problem I think is that Miami was spoiled with an elite QB for years with Marino and then had almost nothing for over a decade. Tannehill is a good QB and has shown great potential but I think the problem people have is that they want him to be elite right now. We have been starved for a QB for awhile and people seem quick to think he is just another one of the bad ones. He is not, and I am glad we have him to build this team around.

I am also glad that Hickey is a big fan of Tannehill and not coming in looking to replace him.

What he DID say is that he deserves a chance

uuuhhh, yeah.

and thats what all "pro hickey" people are wanting. give the 18 year talent evaluater a chance. you hickey hate mongers dont want it and are pulling out all the slander stops at the very mention of him.

but, i get your dilemma. if you are completely down with tannehiil and then someone comes along thats pro hickey AND tanny, its cancelling out the other. in other words if he likes tanny, then king is a righteous journalist. but, now you have a righteous journalist who also supports hickey.

i see why your lashing out. thats a tough one tough man. dont envy you at all.

The point is the rigor with which one insists on support of a viewpoint. When it's good news, we take it as-is. When it's bad news, we have to find any and every way of discrediting the information.

And I do still believe Bess was a playmaker in 2012, by the way. :)

Like, seriuzly, how did we evar replace his WPA maaaaan!?

I thought RT was very good last year. He improved. Rarely did he mess up the same way again without correcting the mistake. Plus, I thought there was undo pressure on him by having him throw as much as he did.

The only local sports radio guy I appreciate is Jeff DeForrest. IMO, he's so far above the head of the rest of the competition it's hilarious. Fantastic subtle reference points. Often he'll laugh because he knows not many listeners realize what he's talking about.

I'm not even sure if he's on the air anymore but when my dad had radiation treatments for more than 2 months in late 2010 and early 2011 it was a pleasure to listen to DeForrest during the drive to and from.

LeBetard is a slob, defaulting to low class shock topics. That's the cheap way out, like a comedian resorting to endless profanity.

Anyway, there's natural room for Tannehill to improve, since we ran the ball only 21.8 times per game and he averaged below 6.7 YPA. All he needs to do is find his normal level with more help from the running game and it will be a step upward.

His column is undeniable ****, he always waffles on every opinion he has ever had, and he is a pompous douche.

Back
Top Bottom