Peter King on Hickey and Tannehill | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King on Hickey and Tannehill

Joe Rose is pretty much the only guy left listening to on Miami radio for actual sports talk.

Le Batard is very entertaining but he'll probably be the first to tell you he doesn't actually know anything about sports.
Completely agree. I work 100% remote so I tune in quite often. Rose is legit and I actually like Coop and Crowder. Love LeBatard but guy stalls racism all freaking day long.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Sports Brothers are OK but they're up against tough competition.

Marc Hochman is going to be taking their place in April or May from what I understand.

Hochman is taking Sports Bros spot in March. They only got the drive time on an interim basis. I think the plan is to put the Sports Bros in between Joe Rose and Kup and Crowder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting that Peter King had never even met Dennis Hickey. I would have expected that in the course of the past 18 years that their paths would have crossed.
At least Peter King was open minded enough to say give him a go and see what he can do, which seems to be a lot more than many readers on here.

Peter King isnt the brightest of bulbs, so I don't know how I should feel about this.

Peter King isnt the brightest of bulbs, so I don't know how I should feel about this.

So, what about Peter King is it that he's not one of the "brightest bulbs"? What has he analyzed that made you feel that way?
Curious because a lot of posters on this board are very quick to bury ever journalist who has an opinion and accuse them of being "hacks, idiots, not a bright bulb"
he has a pretty good gig for years having an opinion on matters regarding the NFL

There's a part of me that wants to give Hickey a chance, there's another part of me that thinks hiring a guy like that is an embarrassment.

King: "I love Tannehill".

Scott Pioli: "We are not talking about how good this guy is. This guy is turning into one of the best quarterbacks in the league."

Suck it haters......

King: "I love Tannehill".

Scott Pioli: "We are not talking about how good this guy is. This guy is turning into one of the best quarterbacks in the league."

Suck it haters......
Not going to hold them to a doctoral dissertation in support of their points of view, eh? We're good to go as-is this time, I guess.

And everybody's biased but you! :lol: ;)

There's a part of me that wants to give Hickey a chance, there's another part of me that thinks hiring a guy like that is an embarrassment.
Why the hell is he an embarrassment? He has had extensive player evaluation experience and understands in detail how a scouting department needs to pool information to make decent decisions. When someone like Tony Dungy says he's a good man, why dismiss it?

Not going to hold them to a doctoral dissertation in support of their points of view, eh? We're good to go as-is this time, I guess.

And everybody's biased but you! :lol: ;)
Well you know you`re stats aren't always money, unless you still believe Bess is a playmaker...

Why the hell is he an embarrassment? He has had extensive player evaluation experience and understands in detail how a scouting department needs to pool information to make decent decisions. When someone like Tony Dungy says he's a good man, why dismiss it?

The Bucs sucked under his and Mark Dominik's watch.

I like Joe Rose also. He actually can have a pretty intelligent conversation and not go for the headline grabbing rants. Even when things are going bad and there is a lot of negativity in the news he seems to take a more calm approach to it. Not saying he sugarcoats or is always positive, but he doesn't just rant and have an apparent agenda.

Wow...the quality of Radio in South Florida has really fallen when watermelon head is getting praise.
I listened to Rose while commuting for years. He always struck me as a simpleton and a adulterer. His only saving grace was his association with Marino and his ability to get interviews with players.
His post game interviews were usually pretty good, but those mid week shows were yawners.

Back
Top Bottom