Peter King's New Mock Draft is Worst Case Scenario for Fins... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King's New Mock Draft is Worst Case Scenario for Fins...

I just noticed that he has Tua going to the Pats.

Palpatine would no doubt win another 6 rings and I would seriously contemplate Seppuku.

I have zero doubts it’s the Patriots feeding all this hip injury bullshit to the media and they are willingly playing along. If anyone thought the Patriots were going to willingly settle for lolFromm or lolHurts, I don’t know what to tell you. Saban and Belichick have been friends for decades and I can guarantee he knows 100% what the condition of that hip is. I think the chances of both Miami and SD passing on him is low, but if they do, I’d bet money he ends up in New England. I hope Grier is smarter than that.

He predicted the first two picks in the 2019 draft and he also correctly predicted the Dolphins would select Wilkins with the 13th pick in last years draft. So he does get it right sometimes.
Who didn't have Murray, Bosa, williams???

I have now seen several mock drafts where Miami goes OT at five and doesn't address QB until later in the draft for a second or even third tier QB. I suspect many on this board would prefer Herbert to that scenario. As to the Patriots, making our move out of fear of what they may do would be foolish.
Not me, I'll take the Linemen over Herbert

It's funny b/c he's right in that Hebert vs. Tua is literally Culpepper vs. Brees all over again.

Don't be stupid twice Miami. Please.
Fool me once, shame on... shame on you.
Fool me.....you can't fool me again!

I don't which would be worse, That Miami Trades up for Herbert or NE ends up wit Tua????? Either way Their is a very big bridge for me to jump off of called the Verrazano.........TBD

I think people get a little too jazzed up about these mocks. He only does one because everyone asks for one. They are nothing other than moderately educated darts thrown at a wall of choices. Meanwhile, until the draft, you can't really say any of them are right or wrong. It's like getting irritated by what the fortune cookie tells you...

I think people get a little too jazzed up about these mocks. He only does one because everyone asks for one. They are nothing other than moderately educated darts thrown at a wall of choices. Meanwhile, until the draft, you can't really say any of them are right or wrong. It's like getting irritated by what the fortune cookie tells you...
you down with Herbert?

I dont like Kings picks for Miami. Only one I'm ok with is the Tackle. And look. Oh what a suprise. Hes picked the Patriots as grabbing Tua. They have one draft pick in the top 85 this year and needs all over their roster. Media guys still butt kissing NE I see.

Biggest need as we have found out after almost 2 decades of futility, is QB.

No butt kissing to understand that dynamic. But NE getting 1 of the top 2 passers in this draft, would be a junk punch.

"my pick is based on Miami choosing to go conservative here instead of trying to hit a triple in the gap by picking Tua Tagovailoa. Because the Dolphins have done a good job hiding their intentions, I won’t be shocked either way—if they go the risky way with Tua, or if they repeat 2006 and make the safe call with Herbert. Daunte Culpepper, 2006; Herbert, 2020. And they’ll hope it’s a better result this time"

Sure hope the Dolphins don't display such cowardice

I agree with the bolded. No way to know Miami's thinking and no way to know the 'right' answer until at least Jan '21. I WILL be shocked if there is no R1 QB.

Unless you know for certain that Tua's health won't be a concern, I would pass on him at 5. If he falls further, then I would consider it. And I mean you know it for certain, as certain as you know tomorrow's winning lottery numbers.

You don't know that about anyone so I guess just forfeit all our draft picks.

I WILL be shocked if there is no R1 QB.
I wouldnt be, this is what the Fins do...

2001- They passed on Drew Brees for a DB and drafted a QB much later.
2004- They picked a T in the first and traded 2nds for a backup QB(played half a season for the Fins).
2005- Ronnie Brown at #2 overall and no QB at all.
2007- Ted Ginn at 9 and John Beck in the 2nd.
2008- Jake Long at #1 and Henne in the 2nd.

Does this mean anything? Not sure... But its still making me nervous.

I wouldnt be, this is what the Fins do...

2001- They passed on Drew Brees for a DB and drafted a QB much later.
2004- They picked a T in the first and traded 2nds for a backup QB(played half a season for the Fins).
2005- Ronnie Brown at #2 overall and no QB at all.
2007- Ted Ginn at 9 and John Beck in the 2nd.
2008- Jake Long at #1 and Henne in the 2nd.

Does this mean anything? Not sure... But its still making me nervous.

I share your nervousness, but, FWIW, it's a new FO

Back
Top Bottom