peyton's cadence | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

peyton's cadence

Overall we did an excellent job in being a very low penalized team and it would have caused many problems and been much worse if we tried to get "cute" with our putrid line.

Maybe, but I think the fear of penalties is way overblown. Seattle ranked last on the penalties list and Denver was in at 28. It didn't seem to hurt those teams all that much. They don't hand out trophies for being least penalized.

Maybe, but I think the fear of penalties is way overblown. Seattle ranked last on the penalties list and Denver was in at 28. It didn't seem to hurt those teams all that much. They don't hand out trophies for being least penalized.

I see that as rather two very talented teams who can overcome their mistakes. Denver has an elite offense. Seattle has an elite defense. Also rounding out the top 5 most penalized teams along with Seattle and Denver, is (2)St Louis, (3)Tampa Bay and (5) Oakland. Houston falls at #6.

Miami is in the top 5 at #4 along with Indianapolis, New England, Minnesota, and Pittsburgh. All very well coached teams. Heap whatever you please upon Frazier, but he's solid IMO. Frazier had the unfortunate opportunity of being a defensive minded gentleman with no QB. Best of luck to Zimmer :titanic:

I've played Simon Says. I've also played football in high school and college. After that I had the wonderful opportunity of coaching young adults in high school and even universities.

Well, I admittedly don't have the extensive knowledge in practice of football as you do. I only played from pop-Warner to HS. Could've gone to college on a scholarship but chose a different path.

Now, I've been a police officer for 6 years. I can't speak for everyone but I put my life out on the line every single day and rely on visual and audio cues to help me make sure that I come home at night to my wife and two kids instead of going home in a body bag while the criminals get the upper hand. I have been trained to react faster than say a 'normal' individual in such circumstances. Perhaps I was even born with a natural talent to have a fast reaction time and use skills of observation and study better than others. I don't know, but I do know that, knock on wood, I am still here serving my community and not 6 ft. under.

IMHO, the cadence is an issue. Whether it caused a multitude of problems or just one, isn't one problem enough? I guess if your looking at it like we have so many other issues, using a more complicated cadence could create even more issues so that justifies it. However, no one that I know of is asking to make a cadence that is so confusing that even players who have played the game up to an NFL level can't understand. Just go with a cadence that isn't kindergarten in nature. Try and spruce it up to say at least Junior HS. I am sure these men that have gone to college and gotten degrees can handle that.

Well, I admittedly don't have the extensive knowledge in practice of football as you do. I only played from pop-Warner to HS. Could've gone to college on a scholarship but chose a different path.

Now, I've been a police officer for 6 years. I can't speak for everyone but I put my life out on the line every single day and rely on visual and audio cues to help me make sure that I come home at night to my wife and two kids instead of going home in a body bag while the criminals get the upper hand. I have been trained to react faster than say a 'normal' individual in such circumstances. Perhaps I was even born with a natural talent to have a fast reaction time and use skills of observation and study better than others. I don't know, but I do know that, knock on wood, I am still here serving my community and not 6 ft. under.

IMHO, the cadence is an issue. Whether it caused a multitude of problems or just one, isn't one problem enough? I guess if your looking at it like we have so many other issues, using a more complicated cadence could create even more issues so that justifies it. However, no one that I know of is asking to make a cadence that is so confusing that even players who have played the game up to an NFL level can't understand. Just go with a cadence that isn't kindergarten in nature. Try and spruce it up to say at least Junior HS. I am sure these men that have gone to college and gotten degrees can handle that.

Thanks for your service.

Here's an instance in the New England game where I noted a cadence change at critical times (http://www.finheaven.com/showthread...t-I-thought-not-)&p=1064928250#post1064928250). There were certainly other times as well, but nothing I have specifically noted. In short, we did change the cadence when crucially needed, but it seemed strictly a superlative need basis of change due to (IMO) the fluctuation and non-production among the line.

As someone mentioned, Omaha is late on the play clock. Lots of teams use it, notably the Giants, but some have switched to Alpha because it's 2 syllables instead of 3 and therefore fractionally quicker.[/QUOTE]

Hitchhiker: 7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 doors. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

Why not 1 syllable word then?

How many times was Philbin asked about using the same cadence, and each time he didn't think it was an important issue. Think about that for a moment, it is not an important issue, really? Philbin could not admit that his mentor, Sherman, could possibly be wrong. Now that to me was important not whether or not someone's shoe laces were tied or untied.

Back
Top Bottom