peyton's cadence | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

peyton's cadence

Nonsense.

I respect your opinion, here's mine.

Difference is going to be more of an advantage to the Dline than anywhere else because they are close enough to hear it consistently.

Dline can hear the cadence and pin their ears back when they know its a pass play to get the sack, play more cautious and alert for the RB when they know its a running play. The Oline sucked this year due to talent, I know, but IMHO the cadence did not help them and was one of the reasons we broke the Franchise record for sacks allowed.

If you personally do not have the timing nor the ability to get a jump on someone, even if its just a millisecond of an advantage, when they are basically telegraphing what they will do to you, well then, sad to hear it.

Why Not ? Dan Marino was given the option to audible , to change the play accordingly to what the Defence is doing , i mean if i was the F.O or the Coaching Staff , they need to try something diffrent and Tannehill IS a pretty smart QB and has a nack for keeping his nose in the playbook (bookworm) I think they need to atleast try letting Tannehill call his own plays or autibles , then if it dosent work then try something diffrent .

He is allowed to change plays and he might have cost us two games, most notably the Buffalo game we had a run called and he changed the play to a pass on that infamous sack/strip/fumble at near the end of the game giving Buffalo a short field for the game winning TD.

I respect your opinion, here's mine.

Difference is going to be more of an advantage to the Dline than anywhere else because they are close enough to hear it consistently.

Dline can hear the cadence and pin their ears back when they know its a pass play to get the sack, play more cautious and alert for the RB when they know its a running play. The Oline sucked this year due to talent, I know, but IMHO the cadence did not help them and was one of the reasons we broke the Franchise record for sacks allowed.

If you personally do not have the timing nor the ability to get a jump on someone, even if its just a millisecond of an advantage, when they are basically telegraphing what they will do to you, well then, sad to hear it.

Gotta read the thread Pal, that was more than addressed.

All this cadence rant is damn near retarded.

Whats ridiculous is that some of you seem to have never played games as kids like a fast game of 'Simon says'.

That is basically what the cadence is. Its a big 'Simon says' game. Here however, your not looking to react to the 'Simon says' or not, but rather the Go or GO-GO.

Just like the game, either you react to the wording and do what is needed or you react a different way by doing nothing at all since the person didn't say, 'Simon says'.

Here, you either react to defend a pass or a run. That's it. That's how simple the GO and GO-GO cadence made our offense.

Whats ridiculous is that some of you seem to have never played games as kids like a fast game of 'Simon says'.

That is basically what the cadence is. Its a big 'Simon says' game. Here however, your not looking to react to the 'Simon says' or not, but rather the Go or GO-GO.

Just like the game, either you react to the wording and do what is needed or you react a different way by doing nothing at all since the person didn't say, 'Simon says'.

Here, you either react to defend a pass or a run. That's it. That's how simple the GO and GO-GO cadence made our offense.

Think about it some more. Here's a hint: Wallace says to Philbin-- as soon as he heard go-go he totally stopped covering me....

Instead of yelling "GO GO" like our QB, Peyton seems to yell, "Hurry, Hurry." My nephew and dad are big Bronco fans, and that's what they both yell when Peyton is back there, "Hurry, Hurry."

Instead of yelling "GO GO" like our QB, Peyton seems to yell, "Hurry, Hurry." My nephew and dad are big Bronco fans, and that's what they both yell when Peyton is back there, "Hurry, Hurry."

Howzabout we go with Duck, Duck. :)

Cadence doesn't matter when you center raises his head right before snapping the ball.

Exactly.

Manning can say Omaha all day long but its just a word and doesn't mean RUN or PASS. It can be a run one play, a pass the next or vice-versa, you never really know.

When RT says GO and GO-GO he is literally telling you what the hell it is going to be because he always calls one on a pass play and the other on a run play.

No way man.
If that we're the case, we'd be one of the worst offenses in the league, and Tannehill would be getting sacked all the time.
:chuckle:

The ball is snapped on Go or Go Go. There is no time to react. Simon says you should drop this. :)

here's a thought.... you DONT snap the ball on go or on go-go and maybe you draw the defense offsides

here's a thought.... you DONT snap the ball on go or on go-go and maybe you draw the defense offsides

They tried it once in a while and pretty much only the Chargers bit. The fact that most teams didn't budge when we tried a dummy count should be pretty good evidence that teams weren't using audio cues to gain any advantage. And my theory is we used the dummy count more than usual against the Chargers because we saw something to make us think they were trying to cheat on the snap count. In other words they fell into our trap. Or maybe they just suck.

I've played Simon Says. I've also played football in high school and college. After that I had the wonderful opportunity of coaching young adults in high school and even universities.

Our cadence problems are being dramatically overblown. Especially when no one considers last years huge handcuff of not only the lack of production from the offensive line, but it's ever revolving door of changing personal and the fact that Pouncey is not an NFL center. Overall we did an excellent job in being a very low penalized team and it would have caused many problems and been much worse if we tried to get "cute" with our putrid line.

My favorite from Peyton is, "Hurry! Hurry!"

As someone mentioned, Omaha is late on the play clock. Lots of teams use it, notably the Giants, but some have switched to Alpha because it's 2 syllables instead of 3 and therefore fractionally quicker.

Back
Top Bottom