peyton's cadence | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

peyton's cadence

Guilty as charged. LOL

Sorry dude, my fuse is getting short on this. I'd love to be able to have an actual discussion on the pros and cons of our cadence as soon as we get past the "OMG, even my five year old knew it was a run...EVEN MY FIVE YEAR OLD!!!!" phase but I have my doubts it ever happens.

Another thing to keep in mind is it seems clear to me our coaching staff wants to keep this on the down low, maybe to avoid pointless debates with morons or maybe because they see it as a weapon, but Omar was making some noise about it earlier in the season then all of a sudden he's like 'Trust me guys, its not a problem.' It appears to me like somebody on the staff pulled him aside and explained why we use it to him and told him to shut the **** up about it.

Sorry dude, my fuse is getting short on this. I'd love to be able to have an actual discussion on the pros and cons of our cadence as soon as we get past the "OMG, even my five year old knew it was a run...EVEN MY FIVE YEAR OLD!!!!" phase but I have my doubts it ever happens.

Another thing to keep in mind is it seems clear to me our coaching staff wants to keep this on the down low, maybe to avoid pointless debates with morons or maybe because they see it as a weapon, but Omar was making some noise about it earlier in the season then all of a sudden he's like 'Trust me guys, its not a problem.' It appears to me like somebody on the staff pulled him aside and explained why we use it to him and told him to shut the **** up about it.

I was looking forward to the same but, since I posted, everyone has disappeared. Disappointing.

I get the whole "we use it one way to set up and change it later in the game or to fake them out". That's exactly what Manning did. The only problem is WE HARDLY EVER DID IT!! I can count on my fingers during the WHOLE SEASON the amount of times go did not mean run and go-go did not mean pass. If that was the plan, we should have been changing it up every quarter. Every play action pass should have been called the same as a run, but no, they changed it so the whole defense knew it was a pass.

I get the whole "we use it one way to set up and change it later in the game or to fake them out". That's exactly what Manning did. The only problem is WE HARDLY EVER DID IT!! I can count on my fingers during the WHOLE SEASON the amount of times go did not mean run and go-go did not mean pass. If that was the plan, we should have been changing it up every quarter. Every play action pass should have been called the same as a run, but no, they changed it so the whole defense knew it was a pass.

I based nothing on any changes, and the play action actual results speak for themselves.

Maybe the times you noticed them change it they had seen something to cue them to change it, like maybe they noticed a player or players cheating.

I agree to change it up for maximum effect all they would have to do is use go-go for some or all play action passes.

Here's another thing to keep in mind --Joe Philbin uses player tracking software at practice, I'm sure he has measured data on all this and if we use "go" for playaction passes then his tracking software probably shows it doesn't matter.

hoops hit on it earlier, something else is going on in regards to a physical tell

How many of the 600 plus pass plays did you watch, and what difference did it make? None that I saw.

One of the keys is being able to change it without your incompetent offensive line getting penalized. We also don't know who sets the cadence. Tannehill isn't given the same freedoms that Manning is, nor should he at this point in his career.

Why Not ? Dan Marino was given the option to audible , to change the play accordingly to what the Defence is doing , i mean if i was the F.O or the Coaching Staff , they need to try something diffrent and Tannehill IS a pretty smart QB and has a nack for keeping his nose in the playbook (bookworm) I think they need to atleast try letting Tannehill call his own plays or autibles , then if it dosent work then try something diffrent .

As i am watching the Denver game yesterday, early on Peyton would always bark out "omaha, hut" and then snap the ball so i'm reminded of the go, go dolphin
cadence and i'm thinking sd gonna pick this up and always jump the snap.

but what does denver do for the remainder of the game. they change the cadence and draw 4 offsides penalty. just makes me realize how far miami has to go

Miami did same thing to sandiego

all i want is to draw the defense offsides on 3rd and 3 and get a cheap first down once in a while...

For an overstatement of what I believe to be obvious, I just watched our last game on tape. There was not one single play when the snap count/cadence made any difference whatsoever in any player on D doing anything different than what he normally have done.

That may have been because of Ryan, a VG D coach. Imagine a player coming to him and saying I jumped the count because I heard the Go. I can only imagine the response.

I rest my case.

Cadence is only one part of it. The other is flat out letting the def know whether the play is a run or pass.

Exactly.

Manning can say Omaha all day long but its just a word and doesn't mean RUN or PASS. It can be a run one play, a pass the next or vice-versa, you never really know.

When RT says GO and GO-GO he is literally telling you what the hell it is going to be because he always calls one on a pass play and the other on a run play.

Exactly.

Manning can say Omaha all day long but its just a word and doesn't mean RUN or PASS. It can be a run one play, a pass the next or vice-versa, you never really know.

When RT says GO and GO-GO he is literally telling you what the hell it is going to be because he always calls one on a pass play and the other on a run play.

Nonsense.

You still have to be worried about Pouncey's shotgun snaps to this day. He is not a center.

All this cadence rant is damn near retarded.

Back
Top Bottom