peyton's cadence | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

peyton's cadence

the center can bob their head all they want. but a dlineman plays run plays and pass plays differently. and if you know its a run on go/go that changes the game.

well peyton was using a different word yesterday over and over also but i can't remember or didnt pay attention to if he was going pass on that word once and run on that word two times the entire game

i get what you guys are saying somewhat but it may be more the hand thing that maddog talked about with the center if he is making a different movement or aligning his hand different presnap to get out to things different as a run blocker or in pass pro...

interesting none the less but you'd think if there was something they would have picked up on it and fixed it regarding a hand movement or way he holds his hand etc

Omaha Go is the hurry-up snap call. Brady and the Pats use Alpha Go. They only call Omaha or Alpha when there's 3 seconds or fewer on the play clock. Both calls are used by a lot of teams.

Let's not compare a future HOF QB with 15 yrs experience with a QB who is in his 2nd yr, I would prefer RT concentrate on what is in front of him and reading the D than worrying about go go go ........it will come with time, be patient....

I disagree he is an NFL QB he should have the freedom to change the snap count...Now, if he wasn't allowed, Im sure he was frustrated by it and that is a problem

I don't get it, and I really have tried to understand what so many are up in arms about.

On a pass, the ball is snapped on Go. The D cannot react or change anything because they don't know if a second Go is coming. When the ball is snapped, the OL moves to pass block, and the D knows as much as it would with any cadence. They have no advantage.

On a run, the ball is snapped on Go, Go. The D cannot react to the fraction of a second speed of sound any more than they can to the OL moving to run block, unless they move at light speed. Maybe there is a very slight advantage for a LB who changes from pass to run but, I think we're splitting hairs. I don't see the advantage.

The last thing was play action, which made some sense, so I looked it up. Tannehill only ran play action 15% of the the (#21), and hit 60%, 7 TD's, 1 pick, an increase of 2.4 YPA (#4) and a rating of 109.6. So, that was not a problem either or, one I would like to have a whole lot more.

I'm open to being convinced otherwise but, for now, just don't see the problem.

I dunno what you guys are talking about.
GO, and GO GO. You'll never know what's coming... :ponder:

I don't get it, and I really have tried to understand what so many are up in arms about.

On a pass, the ball is snapped on Go. The D cannot react or change anything because they don't know if a second Go is coming. When the ball is snapped, the OL moves to pass block, and the D knows as much as it would with any cadence. They have no advantage.

On a run, the ball is snapped on Go, Go. The D cannot react to the fraction of a second speed of sound any more than they can to the OL moving to run block, unless they move at light speed. Maybe there is a very slight advantage for a LB who changes from pass to run but, I think we're splitting hairs. I don't see the advantage.

The last thing was play action, which made some sense, so I looked it up. Tannehill only ran play action 15% of the the (#21), and hit 60%, 7 TD's, 1 pick, an increase of 2.4 YPA (#4) and a rating of 109.6. So, that was not a problem either or, one I would like to have a whole lot more.

i think its with the play pass, the playaction still comes from "go" which is the pass command, and more so this comes if there is a blitzing situation, defense STILL knows the QB holds the ball, thats why play action and screan situations...slow developing plays have problems developing. I believe if play action came from GO GO it would be different.

I have said Ryan has done well in circumstances with Cadence, when he yells a "dummy" GO or GO GO, however i believe the problem like i said with GO GO GO is mainly slow developing plays

i think its with the play pass, the playaction still comes from "go" which is the pass command, and more so this comes if there is a blitzing situation, defense STILL knows the QB holds the ball, thats why play action and screan situations...slow developing plays have problems developing. I believe if play action came from GO GO it would be different.

I have said Ryan has done well in circumstances with Cadence, when he yells a "dummy" GO or GO GO, however i believe the problem like i said with GO GO GO is mainly slow developing plays

Slow developing plays will kill any O regardless of the cadence. IF the Go Go deal is hurting the O on play action, with RT lighting it up with a 109 QB rating, and teams knowing we can't run worth a damn, I'm all for it. :)

Not only is it not a problem but its ****ing brilliant, you'll never convince any of these pea-brains of it though.

There are others on here that understand it better than me but look at the Tampa Bay (towards the end of the game) and especially the Buffalo game and the speed that the Defense was continually getting to Tannehill. They knew the snapcount to the nanosecond, over and over again. Maybe it's the Pouncey head turn that gives it away, but I know it wasn't just good luck or pretty quick reactions. Like shooting fish in a barrel.
Hopefully our new OC will get to study these videos and we become less predictable.

There are others on here that understand it better than me but look at the Tampa Bay (towards the end of the game) and especially the Buffalo game and the speed that the Defense was continually getting to Tannehill. They knew the snapcount to the nanosecond, over and over again. Maybe it's the Pouncey head turn that gives it away, but I know it wasn't just good luck or pretty quick reactions. Like shooting fish in a barrel.
Hopefully our new OC will get to study these videos and we become less predictable.

The silent count for road games is a totally different conversation.

Not only is it not a problem but its ****ing brilliant, you'll never convince any of these pea-brains of it though.

No reason for name calling. Some see things differently and that is why we have discussions. :)

I remember when this first came up months ago. I ran into a few former guys on D from the JJ era at "THE U" (no stars or NFL players). They said that if they had jumped the gun on a Go, they would have been Go, Go Gone from any playing time, and "really heard it from JJ."

This makes sense. Which coach is gonna tell players to listen for a GO, and forget everything they were taught to watch the ball snap, and the OL movement? Same was true on the run. I see it as a non issue but, something to talk about.

In what you mention, could it be that the D's knew we were gonna pass because we had no shot at running, as opposed to having anything whatsoever on the snap count? That I agree with. "You're gonna try to run? Yeah right, LOL."

No reason for name calling. Some see things differently and that is why we have discussions. :)

I remember when this first came up months ago. I ran into a few former guys on D from the JJ era at "THE U" (no stars or NFL players). They said that if they had jumped the gun on a Go, they would have been Go, Go Gone from any playing time, and "really heard it from JJ."

This makes sense. Which coach is gonna tell players to listen for a GO, and forget everything they were taught to watch the ball snap, and the OL movement? Same was true on the run. I see it as a non issue but, something to talk about.

Thats exactly why we use "go/go-go" and not just "go" for everything, if we notice them cheating we can change it on the next series or even the next play. We're effectively setting a trap and if you can't do what Peyton Manning does, which would be ideal, then this is the next best thing. But then Peyton Manning does a lot of things besides the cadence that lesser QBs could only dream of being able to do so why are we looking at him as the standard bearer.

And sorry, but if you think for a second that our NFL coaching staff doesn't realize go's are always passes and go-go's are always runs or the potential consequences if they do then you are a pea-brain.

Thats exactly why we use "go/go-go" and not just "go" for everything, if we notice them cheating we can change it on the next series or even the next play. We're effectively setting a trap and if you can't do what Peyton Manning does, which would be ideal, then this is the next best thing. But then Peyton Manning does a lot of things besides the cadence that lesser QBs could only dream of being able to do so why are we looking at him as the standard bearer.

And sorry, but if you think for a second that our NFL coaching staff doesn't realize go's are always passes and go-go's are always runs or the potential consequences if they do then you are a pea-brain.

Guilty as charged. LOL

Back
Top Bottom