PFF Grades | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF Grades

Wonder why they don't count WR drops

They do. Drops, missed tackles, pressures given and taken are listed in their expanded chart, which does not fit.

Finnegan probably with his first + game in a long time.

I wonder what Hickey knew that everyone else didn't? Rams fans and staff thought he was washed up. I loved the veteranship he brings to the other side of the field, you notice him always talking and making are everyone knows there assignments.

Finnegan was hurt a lot in St Louis, but Finnegan also has said that he let himself get too ****y about his ability and he needed to get back to basics.

screenshotbynimbus5pngw640h381-1.jpg

screenshotbynimbus6pngw640h471-1.jpg

I'll never buy in to their subjective PFF stat but this is where they shine for me, just compiling raw data. Its interesting to look at snap counts and all of the other more obscure breakdowns they do especially specific passes from the QB. I wish they would get away from the subjective stuff and concentrate more on creating objective stats for more positions besides the QB.

Sometimes it does seem as if they draw their grades out of a hat, doesn't it

Notice that Shelley graded out as -1.5. The only OLman in the red. Can't wait until Turner gets healthy so he can take over for Shelley. We have a shot at having a really good OL when Pouncey gets back and Shelley gets benched.

I guess I'm biased because he's a Dolphin and I think the story of his path to greatness is an inspiring one, but I really think Cameron Wake is the best defensive player in football.

J.J. Watt is the best player in the league and it's not even close. Not taking anything away from Cam Wake he is an outstanding player.

WOW. PFF doesn't know ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Olivier Vernon was the lowest graded defender?????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

How did he receive a negative grade? He consistently set the edge of the defense and was providing pressure all game long. They think they invented football. The guy who started the site NEVER EVEN PLAYED...... Olivier Vernon is a pro bowl talent.

Mitchell was the surprise of the game to me. I made a lengthy post in Hayden's thread last night and realized later that I forgot to mention Mitchell. I wasn't overly impressed in preseason. He had loads of energy but very little variety or effectiveness. That changed almost immediately yesterday. Suddenly he was using his arms much better and creating attack angles. Disruptive on play after play.

I still need to see it against a quality offensive line. New England was shockingly poor in the trenches on both sides of the ball. I knew Satele would receive a high grade but he looked mostly the same to me. The Patriots were on their heels trying to defend the inside zone plays so Satele was allowed to get the first jump and turn his man instead of being bull rushed.

Too bad Wake's caree has been wasted playing for a mediocre team for so long. Much like Jason Taylor. He is truly a great player.

PFF's comments:

Miami – Performances of Note

Cameron Wake, +6.7

Breakdown: Wake wreaked havoc on the right side of the Patriot offensive line with two hurries, two hits, and a pair of sack-forced fumbles, all of them coming on outside rushes.

Signature Play: Michael Hoomanawanui never had a chance, as Wake timed the snap and exploded into the backfield for his first sack-fumble at 9:14 of the third quarter. His second sack-fumble on fourth-and-10 at 3:30 of the fourth effectively sealed the win for Miami.

Earl Mitchell, DT, +4.4

Breakdown: Wake wasn’t the only Dolphin defensive lineman with a big game. Mitchell added four QB pressures rushing the passer of his own to go along with three stops in run defense.

Signature Play: Nice pursuit down the line at 2:38 of the third quarter by Mitchell to bring down the Patriot runner for a two-yard loss.

Knowshon Moreno, RB, +2.3

Breakdown: Following a second-quarter fumble by Lamar Miller, the Dolphins turned to Moreno to carry the load on the ground. He didn’t disappoint, rushing for 134 yards on 24 attempts, 72 of those coming after first contact. He did allow a hit in pass protection (negated by penalty), but his work on the ground more than made up for it.

Signature Play: On paper a four-yard TD isn’t necessarily impressive, but on his lone score, Moreno made a great cut to force two missed tackles in the backfield before powering through another defender to get into the end zone.

PFF Game Ball

‘Unblockable’ seems an appropriate adjective for Cameron Wake, whose two big second half plays sparked the Dolphins to victory.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/09/08/refo-patriots-dophins-week-1/

1. Tannehill played one of his worst games. I'm not worried that the one game is somehow a trend already
2. We all knew on cam wake's strip sacks they were going to happen before the ball was snapped. A big play us needed and he makes it. Screw Watt.

1. Tannehill played one of his worst games. I'm not worried that the one game is somehow a trend already
2. We all knew on cam wake's strip sacks they were going to happen before the ball was snapped. A big play us needed and he makes it. Screw Watt.

PFF loves Wake....loves him...

The only way the rest of the country is going to see it is when the Phins make the play-offs and he has the same impact...

Finnegan probably with his first + game in a long time.

I wonder what Hickey knew that everyone else didn't? Rams fans and staff thought he was washed up. I loved the veteranship he brings to the other side of the field, you notice him always talking and making are everyone knows there assignments.

I talked about this a LOT when we signed Finnegan, but during Coyle's time in Cincinnati, he revived the careers of many DB's. It's the primary reason I was very positive about the signing. One thing to give Hickey a lot of credit for, he saw that we lacked tough players. To be clear, Incognito is a punk and a bully - not a real tough guy. Landry, Moreno, and Finnegan all bring an attitude and mental toughness to the game that's contagious. When was the last time Miami looked that consistently physical in all phases? When was the last time we competed like that? Again, I'd say Nick Saban. A lot of it's coaching, but if you don't have those guys who are natural leaders due to their competitive spirits, there isn't anyone to raise the level of the guys who could go either way. Prior to this season, Miami has been mostly comprised of guys that could go either way - with a few bad apples. The Cam Wakes were too far and few between prior to this season. Not that these guys are as good as Wake, but they play every bit as hard.

It's one game, but Miami has raised level at which they compete. If we can carry that, we'll compete for the division. Been a long time since Miami has been able to play at a consistently high level, so we'll see, but you've got to be at least a little excited.

Back
Top Bottom