PFF Grades | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF Grades

Mitchell was the surprise of the game to me. I made a lengthy post in Hayden's thread last night and realized later that I forgot to mention Mitchell. I wasn't overly impressed in preseason. He had loads of energy but very little variety or effectiveness. That changed almost immediately yesterday. Suddenly he was using his arms much better and creating attack angles. Disruptive on play after play.

I still need to see it against a quality offensive line. New England was shockingly poor in the trenches on both sides of the ball. I knew Satele would receive a high grade but he looked mostly the same to me. The Patriots were on their heels trying to defend the inside zone plays so Satele was allowed to get the first jump and turn his man instead of being bull rushed.

I actually missed Soliai as we got into the 2nd quarter. They seemed to be gashing us on in the run game.

Something changed after that.

Tannehill's paper numbers look decent. His low comp % is due to a few throw aways. his passer rating and ypa took a hit from that.

I thought Jimmy Wilson was outstanding. Had to stand in for Jones and then cope with his LB corps disintegrating before his eyes. A couple of tackles that he slipped off but all round he helped take away the underneath from a team that usually murders us short and across the middle.

WOW. PFF doesn't know ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Olivier Vernon was the lowest graded defender?????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

How did he receive a negative grade? He consistently set the edge of the defense and was providing pressure all game long. They think they invented football. The guy who started the site NEVER EVEN PLAYED...... Olivier Vernon is a pro bowl talent.
To be fair, PFF also has Watt (the guy you think is the very best player in football) as the very best player in football too. My guess is that your rating of players and theirs is for the most part about the same. Maybe they got OV wrong this game, but I don't think that's enough to say they don't know ****, especially if you mostly agree with them.

Mike Wallace had the lowest grade in the passing game. What a surprise....

I'd love to see the grades for Wallace and Tannhill on the missed TD. I'd be willing to bet vCash that Tannehill gets the better grade. Any takers?

Tannehill's paper numbers look decent. His low comp % is due to a few throw aways. his passer rating and ypa took a hit from that.

Agree, as well as 3 drops. Take those 6 throws off the 18 of 32, and it's a whole lot different.

WOW. PFF doesn't know ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Olivier Vernon was the lowest graded defender?????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

How did he receive a negative grade? He consistently set the edge of the defense and was providing pressure all game long. They think they invented football. The guy who started the site NEVER EVEN PLAYED...... Olivier Vernon is a pro bowl talent.

FWIW, OV played 78 snaps, 50 on the pass rush, 20 on the run, and 8 in cover. He got 1 sack, 2 hits, and 1 hurry on 4 good plays, got a +0.8 as a grade but, they graded the other 46 pass rushes as well. On the run, of the 20 snaps he missed 2 tackles, and got a grade of -1.4.

Every player or coach who has played the game, as well as most who have not, knows that a player is graded on all plays, not just his good one's. :)

J.J. Watt is the best player in the league and it's not even close. Not taking anything away from Cam Wake he is an outstanding player.

J.J. Watt is living in mortal fear right now with HGH testing about to become reality.

Just take one look at that dude's ****ed up, Incredible Hulk-like face and tell me he isn't in big trouble if they come in for a blood test tomorrow morning.

Back
Top Bottom