PFF Quarterback Rankings: 2021 | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF Quarterback Rankings: 2021

Herbert had, arguably, the most prolific rookie season ever for a QB.

Not sure what Tua's injury had to do with that.

Just sayin.......

I do think Herbert is going to come "back to earth", and Tua will be substantially better, but the arguement you made is not valid, IMO.
Then you didn't read his post. Can't help you there bud.

So prolific it got them 7 wins....woot!!

The point of it is people acting like all things were equal leading up to the season regarding his injury

I think you’re just being silly with your counterpoints, of course Tua’s hip has nothing to do with Herbert’s season.

but if JH was recovering from a debilitating injury - would he have had as successful of a season?

I think the thing people are annoyed with is how people want to say using that is an ‘excuse’ rather than a logical reason his development was behind
Yes, they were purposefully silly, to point out how "silly" the entire debate is.

The injury obviously played a part, and that is a reason, as opposed to an excuse. Why bother arguing with irrationality?

That still has nothing to do with what Herbert was able to accomplish.

His season was an anomaly for a rook, and I seriously doubt a completely healthy Tua would have put up numbers like that, for a couple of reasons.

Flo is not a sling it around type coach, as long as the score is close, and the D is playing well.

Tua doesn't have the arm to force balls like Herbert to begin with. Don't get all defensive, his arm is plenty good enough. Tua's strengths lie in processing, touch and accuracy, and that is much more difficult to showcase as a rookie.

My point is, bringing Herbert into the discussion at all is apples to oranges, without even getting into the injury. I would also say that any outside, non biased observer would say Herbert looks like the better pick at this point ("at this point" is key). That doesn't mean that their career trajectories are written in stone.

I said for many years Herbert was held back in Oregon. His coaching let him down. I saw the actual talent that was there and knew he would explode in the NFL. I don't necessarily see a regression to the mean with him. He is going to produce throughout his career. It's all going to come down to the rest of his team ultimately.

Then you didn't read his post. Can't help you there bud.

So prolific it got them 7 wins....woot!!
If you think wins is an individual stat, rather than a team stat, I can't help you there pal.

Someone can post any drivel they care to. That doesn't make it true, or logical.

I support Tua, and believe he will be a good QB sooner rather than later.

I realize, given the situation, that the two guys will be linked and compared throughout their careers. That doesn't make it rational.

Ultimately, I'll take playoff wins and championships over stats for my QB. I like my Dolphins chances over the Bolts in that regard.

Yes, they were purposefully silly, to point out how "silly" the entire debate is.

The injury obviously played a part, and that is a reason, as opposed to an excuse. Why bother arguing with irrationality?

His season was an anomaly for a rook, and I seriously doubt a completely healthy Tua would have put up numbers like that, for a couple of reasons.

Flo is not a sling it around type coach, as long as the score is close, and the D is playing well.

Tua doesn't have the arm to force balls like Herbert to begin with. Don't get all defensive, his arm is plenty good enough. Tua's strengths lie in processing, touch and accuracy, and that is much more difficult to showcase as a rookie.

My point is, bringing Herbert into the discussion at all is apples to oranges, without even getting into the injury. I would also say that any outside, non biased observer would say Herbert looks like the better pick at this point ("at this point" is key). That doesn't mean that their career trajectories are written in stone.
Because the “excuses, excuses” crowd is .... “ irrational”

I mean I pretty much agree with your whole post but pointing out things with reason never hurts, if people are too dense to understand all of the little things that were going on, oh well we’re trying to help them

It is because Tua and his agents INSISTED the hip was fine right before the draft. They even went as far as putting out workout videos for the word to see. The hip was just fine when he wanted to get paid.
And I’m sure the phins had there doctors go over X-rays ,and mri’s. And had outside doctors that they consult do the same. Just because something heals fine doesn’t mean you are as good a new. It takes months to years to get back to normal. If one can get back to normal.

Because the “excuses, excuses” crowd is .... “ irrational”

I mean I pretty much agree with your whole post but pointing out things with reason never hurts, if people are too dense to understand all of the little things that were going on, oh well we’re trying to help them
Good luck with that......lol.

He was not very good as a rookie
I would really love someone to explain this to me. He was better as a rookie than Peyton, Elway, statistically and better win/loss. Better than even Mahomes or Aaron Rodgers who were not good enough to get on the field. He literally had a better QB rating HIS ROOKIE YEAR than Marino had for his entire career (87.1>86.4) He was 6-3 on a team that went 5-11 the year before. He was only the 2nd rookie since 2015 taken in the 1st round to post a record as good as 6-3 behind only Lamar Jackson. He was playing behind an OL with 3 starting rookies and we all saw what Patrick looked like in the super bowl with an OL that was getting dominated, I wonder if Chief nation is doubting Mahomes. I wonder if we should remove Dan from the HOF ?? I mean seriously, does a QB really have to carry his team to, and win the super bowl, as a freaking rookie to be considered good enough?

As for the OP I wonder if the author subtracted the number of times Tua hit Grant perfectly in the hands and Grant popped the ball up for the easy pick ?? Were those plays part of his "turnover worthy plays" ?? DBs are DBs and not WRs because they can't catch. How many times in just our game vs SD did our DBs drop easy picks vs the all mighty Herbert?

Look don't get me wrong, I know the best thing that can happen is for people to tell Tua he isn't good enough, to tell the team they aren't good enough. Nothing will motivate them quicker, or bring them better team unity, but holy smoke it gets annoying after a while. Sometimes ya just want to tell the entire media to STFU and wait for the season before they start spouting such ignorance.

Sorry for the rant, but I haven't had my coffee yet and I have to mow the yard this morning. I HATE mowing. :bang:

Are you saying that had Tua not been injured, Herbert would not have had a great rookie campaign?

Are you saying Tua would have had a better year, statistically, than Herbert? It was one of the best seasons for a rookie ever. Wins are not a result of a singular position.

Both those things are unlikely are they not?

I guess I don't see a valid premise to this debate.
Now....don’t bring logic into this 😉

Outstanding post!

Time will tell. It was risk pick w Tua. Without Fitzpatrick. we all will learned alot about Tua in 2021. Idk if he should be rank 29 but maybe 24 on my list.

These rankings would have you think Cleo Lemon or John Beck was starting for Miami this year lol
They are lot good veteran qb in nfl..I had him rank 24 on my list. Full season as starter will help also.

What it should show you is that he had a very disappointing 2020 season, and that he needs to drastically improve in 2021. PFF’s reputation is just fine!
PFF is a joke. Their ratings should be taken with a grain of salt.

Back
Top Bottom