PFF Quarterback Rankings: 2021 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF Quarterback Rankings: 2021

I expect the kid to finish the season in the top half of the league...if not top 10. I mean, the damn stage is set! This is the most all-around complete Dolphins team I've seen in quite a long time, on paper, so far.

The fact is though, the player was not bad and the stats (11 touchdowns to 5 interceptions) show that. Not to mention a 6-3 record as a starter.

The constant Tua bashing by the media, other team's fans, etc. is pretty disrespectful. However, I think in the end this will only be a major positive for the Dolphins. Tua obviously has a chip on his shoulder, is working harder than probably any player on the team and will be out to prove his doubters wrong. The thing I find funny is that before he had his hip injury, he was pretty much the consensus #1 overall pick in the 2020 draft and now people act like he never had any talent to begin with. What else will be funny is when come the season and the media start changing their tune and are so surprised at how well Tua is playing in year #2.
Kid needed some humble pie after that statement he made early in his starts last year. He seems to be taking the wake-up call how we'd all love him to take it.

Interesting.

But why don't you use that same logic for their rookie season?

Tua didn't have Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Hunter Henry, Austin Ekeler and all pros on his Oline like Herbert did.
Because Tua haters do that kind of double standard reasonings

Interesting.

But why don't you use that same logic for their rookie season?

Tua didn't have Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Hunter Henry, Austin Ekeler and all pros on his Oline like Herbert did.
Which All Pros did Herbert have on his OL? Gisecki is every bit as good as Hunter Henry and Parker is as good as Allen IMO. I will concede that the Chargers had a better running game.

How is major surgery to a hip an excuse?

It's reality.
It is because Tua and his agents INSISTED the hip was fine right before the draft. They even went as far as putting out workout videos for the word to see. The hip was just fine when he wanted to get paid.

Herbert wasn't coming off of major hip surgery.

Why do posters discount this?
Herbert had, arguably, the most prolific rookie season ever for a QB.

Not sure what Tua's injury had to do with that.

Just sayin.......

I do think Herbert is going to come "back to earth", and Tua will be substantially better, but the arguement you made is not valid, IMO.

Seems like every year there is a new generational talent.
90% of the time that term is hyperbole.

By definition, a generation is considered 20 years. Common sense dictates that there can't be as many as touted.

It is because Tua and his agents INSISTED the hip was fine right before the draft. They even went as far as putting out workout videos for the word to see. The hip was just fine when he wanted to get paid.
What injury was Herbert rehabbing from?

29. Tua Tagovailoa, Miami Dolphins

It’s hard to adjust to the speed of the game as a rookie, especially when you don’t know when you're going to be pulled for a savvy veteran. Tua has an opportunity this year to take control of the offense and show he belongs. The Dolphins continue to make solid roster moves through trades, free agency and the draft to surround their young QB with weapons. Tua was exceptionally conservative last year, with only seven big-time throws all season. That's not the worst thing, but he also had 13 turnover-worthy plays.

I'm just going to say this just shows another reason why PFF is becoming less and less credible every season. Their stats never make sense. 2 rookie qbs that haven't played, several spots ahead of Tua? ok then lol

What it should show you is that he had a very disappointing 2020 season, and that he needs to drastically improve in 2021. PFF’s reputation is just fine!

What injury was Herbert rehabbing from?
Are you saying that had Tua not been injured, Herbert would not have had a great rookie campaign?

Are you saying Tua would have had a better year, statistically, than Herbert? It was one of the best seasons for a rookie ever. Wins are not a result of a singular position.

Both those things are unlikely are they not?

I guess I don't see a valid premise to this debate.

Are you saying that had Tua not been injured, Herbert would not have had a great rookie campaign?

Are you saying Tua would have had a better year, statistically, than Herbert? It was one of the best seasons for a rookie ever. Wins are not a result of a singular position.

Both those things are unlikely are they not?

I guess I don't see a valid premise to this debate.
The point of it is people acting like all things were equal leading up to the season regarding his injury

I think you’re just being silly with your counterpoints, of course Tua’s hip has nothing to do with Herbert’s season.

but if JH was recovering from a debilitating injury - would he have had as successful of a season?

I think the thing people are annoyed with is how people want to say using that is an ‘excuse’ rather than a logical reason his development was behind

Back
Top Bottom