PFF Quarterback Rankings: 2021 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF Quarterback Rankings: 2021

I am pretty sure Tua's low ranking has more to do with the OL he is behind and the rushing attack that no team in the league is worried about, than his own abilities.

I know Waddle was a sexy pick but Penei Sewell in the first and a trade up for Javonte Williams would have probably resulted in Tua's ranking being around 18-22.

I have to agree with this ranking. This OL has a lot to prove. Right now.....they are still a very realistic candidate to finish in the bottom 3 of the league.

A brilliant,experienced,mobile, veteran QB can somewhat deal with that kind of line and rushing attack, but to expect Tua to flourish in this situation is beyond fantasy.

This is why Fitzpatrick made the statement last year that he was perfect for the Dolphins. Fitz was always behind horrific OL's whenever he got the opportunity to start.

As great as Flores is I don't think he really has a solid grip on the OL.

Anything is possible; if Austin Jackson makes a huge leap from last year and gets his grade and ranking out of the dungeon and at least has a mediocre year instead of three spots from rock bottom of the league, then....

If Liam Eichenberg doesn't just hold the fort but turns out to be a rookie sensation, then....

If Michael Deiter miraculously resurrects his career and beats out Skura to start at center and be even just, good, then...

If Solomon Kindley has found a way to turn a large percentage of his copious blubber into solid muscle and just becomes a middle of the pack guard, then....

I do expect Hunt to do well this year.

Dolphins with a top 15 OL and a good running game: I'll believe it when I see it.

You are so fast to buy into unqualified trolling of Cowherd but quick to discount qualified opinions of the skilled QB in the same room...especially when it comes to specialness

There's no doubt that if Fitz was equivocal or mute in his praise, you'd be harping on it as gospel. You've got as much credibility on this board as nyjunc!
Here's Tennessee's receivers coach, Shawn Jefferson on Marcus Mariota:
"He is deadly accurate," Jefferson told ESPN.com. "I am just giddy about his future going forward ..."

It's just fan fodder, and like I said, if it makes you feel warm inside, more power to ya!

Here's Tennessee's receivers coach, Shawn Jefferson on Marcus Mariota:
"He is deadly accurate," Jefferson told ESPN.com. "I am just giddy about his future going forward ..."

It's just fan fodder, and like I said, if it makes you feel warm inside, more power to ya!
Cowherd is just clickbait...I will take the very specific opinion of Fitz every day of the week over that troll

Josh Allen who everyone seems to love right now, had 23 turnover-worthy plays. I am not sure if this made up "turnover-worthy" stat only means for pass attempts or just every play they have the ball in their hand, but if you average that based on just pass attempts, Tua (a rookie, coming off a major injury with no offseason training, mini camps, OTAs, etc.) wasn't all that much worse than an MVP candidate.

Allen had a "turnover-worthy" play on every 24.8 passes. Tua had a "turnover-worthy" play on every 22.3 passes.
Umm no not 23 he had over 20+ dropped INTs and put the pigskin on the turf another 10+ times

It is immaterial as Allen gets the benefit of the doubt but those TOs generally cost teams games - the Pats threw **cough** Cam threw a game to the Bills all by himself

Tua did what you would think most FOs would expect considering a player with no OTAs Training camp and thee hip injury make any evaluation difficult

Idk, everyones making like Tua was super bad. If this was his 3rd year i could understand, but geez. This is getting old

I didn’t think this thread would get to 6 pages, the stats aren’t worth commenting about.

I have a feeling you were a Rosen guy just by this response. Its uncanny the Rosen club always post these type of comments.
Not really ... We needed a Qb at the time and Rosen had high expectations coming out but I'm not in camp for any one particular guy .... I'm a team guy and our team suffered at the Qb position last season ... I want a Qb to take the reins and ball out ... couldn't care less if it's Rosen or Tua doing the balling

Don't quit your day job for a well paying job at the fair guessing peoples age by the way they look :chuckle: ... jk

I appreciate the response but I'm not the guy who trolls only to insert my a$$ hurt feelings cuz "my guy" wasn't the chosen one ... we need a play maker @ Qb and Tua is still holding his cards close to his chest IMO ... It's time for Tua to show his hand

Not a Tua question, but why would any QBs first full season (or second season in general) be "do or die" time?
You're right ... the phrase is a bit strong ... but to my point, this team has been gutted and rebuilt with the thought/hope that we have our Qb for the next 8-10 yrs. .... Tua needs to AT LEAST show improvement and occasionally be the reason we are winning instead of getting pulled in games .... we need to see a play maker not a game manager IMO ... we've waited long enough

What's the over/under before Brissett is starting in 2021? I'll say week 9.

Yeah, I don't put too much into that. Or draft grades for that matter.

But if Tua ends up as the 29th quarterback this year, Miami made a big mistake not taking Fields or Lance.

I don't see that happening. Not with the talent Grier has put around him.

where was Allen ranked this time last year? This year he's 6th?

The dude spent his off-season last year trying to recover from an insane injury and I am sure played a bit softer than he wanted due to recovery. I think he will make big jumps this year. Also our receivers were laughable

Back
Top Bottom